HasLab Razor Crest

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ok... I would like to ask some questions of like minded collectors (or not) :? on their thoughts on the latest HasLab project.
1. Will you be buying into this project?
2. If so why or why not?
3. If you have what are you going to do with it, open and display, leave boxed and display, or put it in the loft?
4. Do you think that it will be worth more 2 years after its released?
5. Any other comments.
Feel free to comment as I really can't make my mind ip on this.
I've seen a great barge display done by Snaketibe but it needed so much space to do it justice.
If I bought it I can't even say that it would be displayed boxed, so may well end up in the loft :shock: and I could use the money on other stuff.
From what I understand this is not limited (was the barge?) so I can see an initial spike in prices as collectors that didn't sign on buy, but surely this would settle down quite quickly....

What do you guys think?

lejackal

Grand Master
The barge was not limited as such but if you missed the cut off that was it. From what I can see a good chunk of people just bought them to flip them. You literally just had to pay up front, wait out until delivery day and hey presto double or triple your investment.

I imagine the RC will similarly not be limited by number, more by deadline. I also imagined it will be readily flipped.

I'm unlikely to buy it but it f I did I'd be opening and displaying it

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Carl's correct. Hasbro are requiring a minimum of 6,000 backers paying $349 each up front, but the cut off for buying one is 09/11/20, after which date you would be forced to buy one on the secondary market after its release if you wanted one. According to the Haslab website, this total has already been reached with (as at 17:36 on 28/09/20), 7,437 backers:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-razor-crest

I have no idea if this is an official partnership with Hasbro to enable UK distribution (I would guess not), but you can also order this from Zavvi for £349.99:

https://www.zavvi.com/merch-action-...alorian-limited-edition-vehicle/12702183.html

The Khetanna was limited in the same sense, in that if you didn't pay your money up front by the cut-off date, you were forced to look on the secondary market later.

More people seem to be willing to back this new project more quickly than was the case with the Khetanna (although that was more expensive and even larger of course at $500), but I don't doubt many Razor Crests will be flipped (or attempted to be) once it is released. I suspect that whilst The Mandalorian is undoubtedly very popular (it is fab, after all!) and hence many of the backers will be fans wanting to own this piece, I am also quite certain that there will be plenty of people amongst the backers who took one look at the current resale value of a Khetanna, and are simply trying to cash in on the Razor Crest in a similar fashion. Will this flipping of the Razor Crest work? Only time will tell, but I suspect the returns will be a lot smaller than was / is the case with the Khetanna, simply because of the lower initial price point and the (likely) much higher number of backers and hence pieces made by Hasbro.

In answer to your questions:

1 & 2) I will not be buying this. These days I only buy modern items from the OT and PT trilogies, and even then only if I like the item. I was tempted by the 'Rogue One' toy line, and even more so by 'The Mandalorian' one, but in both cases I held my nerve and have not succumbed.

3) Hypothetically, if I were to buy one, I would display it... even if it meant building another cabinet! :-D. Mind you, the toy is 30 inches long, and 20 inches wide (and 10.5 inches tall), so whilst the cabinet wouldn't need to be all that wide, it would need to be even deeper than my Khetanna one (if displaying it side-on; it would be even more massive face-on! :-D), and you've seen how far that whopper sticks out into my room! The Razor Crest's box would be carefully wrapped and put in the loft alongside the Khetanna's box... Hypothetically, of course ;-)

4) Value after 2 years? I reckon it probably will be worth more than the original asking price, because all modern line boxed ships seem to appreciate, but I can't see it reaching the stratospheric Khetanna values for the reasons stated above.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeh...pretty much agree with you both.
I like it, want it, have no space to display it but can't make the final decision.... :?
I hadn't been to the Haslab site only the Zavvi site, and though I shouldn't be surprised I see that it's the same price in $...Hasbro shafting us again.... :(

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
See that if the pledge hits 10,000 then we get a VC Child added to the set. If that comes of this will be a very sought after set.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
So it looks like the pledges will break 10,000 this week.
that means there will still be 30 odd days until it closes - so will we get a 3rd unlock and what on earth could top VC Child fig?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
My son has ordered it, wants to display it, but has no room at his house, "Dad, can I ask a favour, can I display it at yours, I'll store the box". 8)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
1 more unlock will be revealed next week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UW8la6mrCU&feature=emb_title

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I had no inkling whatsoever to get involved in this but we recorded a new modern podcast the other night and discussed the item. I fell in love with it and backed it the following day. No regrets, can't wait to get it. If it really isn't for me I will recoup my money for sure on the secondary market.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
monkey_roo said:
Least surprising Unlock ever :)

https://jedibusiness.com/NewsDetails?id=29647

Ohhhh....I still can't make ip my mind...
Another very tempting unlock though.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
So - unlock 3 is now secure and it looks like 2 more unlock targets have been put up....... Curious - only 12 days to go so chances of passing both are slim i would have thought, guess it depends on what they are....

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
monkey_roo said:
So - unlock 3 is now secure and it looks like 2 more unlock targets have been put up....... Curious - only 12 days to go so chances of passing both are slim i would have thought, guess it depends on what they are....

I'm not so sure. The new series starts tomorrow, so that's bound to drum up fresh interest.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
We will see:

Unlock 4 is a display stand (not overly exciting) at 15,000
Unlock 5 is an Off World Jawa (VERY EXCITING) at 17,000

So can it get 3,500(ish) pledges in the next 10 days.... (I want that Jawa so i hope so)

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-razor-crest

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom