Vintage collection

BobbyCheese74

Padawan
Hello

Newbie here, just started collecting the vintage series, so many different sets around I thought I'd start with one and keep too it. Shops within my area are awful for selections, very limited on offer so online it is, trying to stay away from eBay.

I haven't had a proper look on here yet but any good lists for the vintage collection series.

Good evening too all

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Evening and welcome to the forum, the world is your oyster. Actual street store retailers are very few and far between unless you live near a forbidden planet outlet so sadly your best bet is In demand toys and star action figures.

HMV are now apparently stocking some items (ours has none yet) so if you have one near by might be worth a check. Maybe find one particular movie you like the most and collect the relevant figures, the animated Clone Wars is also pretty hot at the moment with many of the rare and very overly scalped and priced figures getting re released, might be worth jumping onto if that is your thing.

Or, just collect what ever you like most. 8)

Jedibusness has a lot of up to date guides of all the various lines that are available past and present.
https://jedibusiness.com/

This site is useful for news and information that gets put out on the web
https://yakfaceforums.com/main/

Also really worth keeping an eye on this forum thread, everyone posts updates on news and future releases to keep everyone in the loop.
https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41143

BobbyCheese74

Padawan
Thanks for the information, I'm trying to stick to one collection line but it's difficult, I'm having fun and don't tell the wife how much you've spent :D

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
While some items do amass value, i doubt very much anyone sees this as a pension pot so to speak, you might get lucky and end up with two of something and make a little, more often an not to trade or simply cover your costs to begin with.

Making a living out of trading toys/collectables is hard yards and low margins really.

I think most people are collecting for the love of the universe and the emotional connection we have to Star Wars, anything else is just a bonus

BobbyCheese74

Padawan
I don't mean say doubling you're money or massive profits but with so many people enjoying star wars you would at least get you're money back if you had to sell, not that you'd want too, once you get hooked it curtains.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
monkey_roo said:
While some items do amass value, i doubt very much anyone sees this as a pension pot so to speak, you might get lucky and end up with two of something and make a little, more often an not to trade or simply cover your costs to begin with.

Making a living out of trading toys/collectables is hard yards and low margins really.

I think most people are collecting for the love of the universe and the emotional connection we have to Star Wars, anything else is just a bonus

Totally agree with you, I dont ever think I will sell my collection, it's a hobby and keeps me happy especially when I find a new piece and have to change the display around. I'm not a mint on card/box collector, love the loose pieces, very tactile and easy to display.

Good luck with your journey Bobby 😎👍

BobbyCheese74

Padawan
Thank you Sir, I feel I'm late to the game though, as a vintage collection collector, ebay prices for early numbers are crazy, just gonna see what I can get :wink:

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Yeah - it's a strange one, the VC collection really has gone vintage with its prices of late - the great news is Hasbro are re-releasing a lot of the early run now, so I would hold off getting past figures as there is a fair chance the main figures will come back around.

I would focus on getting what is coming out, the Haslab Razor Crest or the Galaxies edge falcon and the run of VC figs now and then you should find older ones pop up in new waves and if not then you can tactically go after the earlier figures.

I do honestly think Hasbro are seeing the price of the older figures and will re-release as they see the value to them and thus tank the eBay market with it - which is great news.

As for for buying and selling I can safely say in 25 years of collecting both SW and Lego I have only ever lost money on everything I have ended up selling. 🤔

BobbyCheese74

Padawan
I have a package at home from Indemandtoys, i only ordered the other day, quick turnaround.

I'm gonna stick to new releases, good idea as you say, and am gonna set myself x amount a month to purchase figures.

:D

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Id defiantly hold off from buying the expensive older VC figures as they are mostly getting re released to some extent, I think (and sadly) the only exception would be the expanded universe VC line, those I am not sure if we will see again.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
BobbyCheese74 said:
I have a package at home from Indemandtoys, i only ordered the other day, quick turnaround.

I'm gonna stick to new releases, good idea as you say, and am gonna set myself x amount a month to purchase figures.

That all sounds very sensible...good luck with that.😏

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
monkey_roo said:
As for for buying and selling I can safely say in 25 years of collecting both SW and Lego I have only ever lost money on everything I have ended up selling. 🤔

And I thought it was only me this happened too...🙄

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
BobbyCheese74 said:

Nice one. A great place to shop. I always go there whenever I'm in Norwich.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom