MOC Does not mean Mint Condition

philliperry

Padawan
I sold a Vintage Collection Mandalorian on Ebay the other day. When I bought it from Forbidden Planet, the card got creased in the post. So I decided to sell it. I listed it as MOC. Then in the description pointed out the creases, even took photos and drew a red circle around the creases. Someone bought it, paying about £14 for it. Then when he got it he left me neutral feedback because the card was damaged! When I pointed out that I had been very clear about the damage, he argued that I'd listed it as MOC, which means the item is in mint condition. As far as I know, in the 30 years I've been collecting, MOC just means the figure is mint, with the bubble still factory sealed to it's card. It isn't a description of the overall condition. You add that information separately.

Anyway, no big deal. Just found it a bit irritating.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
I had a recent run in with a buyer on ebay!!! Listed some vintage homemaker lego, described it as over 40 years old, bit worn and discoloured.

Got negative feedback saying "it absolutely stinks"

I was fuming, I take great care in making sure that any item is listed correctly and also packaged correctly, plus it didnt stink!!!

So decided only to buy when necessary and not sell, to many dickheads 🙄

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm currently dealing with a potential helmet, ill do a post about soon. Honestly, you described the issue it had in your listing reporting the feed back and see what happens.

So many cockwombles about on ebay, (some retailers too)....

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've always thought MOC means the figure is MINT still sealed to the card. The card could be any condition.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Mint on card MOC ( Mint figure on card, unopened bubble) is how I read MOC

Hence descriptions like LFB MOC - some veigning to card, price sticker residue and small ding to bubble

If MOC was referring to mint figure, bubble and card it would be MOCBC or something like that

If someone is negging because an item is referred to as MOC then they are complaining about a ding bubble or the state of the card, then they are either trying it on or they are just daft ( especially if you describe as moc " some veigning to card" etc
Common sense

However MOC is as I understand it a generally accepted description it's not a Legal term of description.

Also if we are being pedantic then the word Mint in this context in the English language is an idiom anyway!

BobbyCheese74

Padawan
I bought a Lando Vintage the other day, received it with a crease in the card, (not mentioned) I messaged the seller, fair play he sent me another one free straight away, good and bad with ebay.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
MOC vs MOMC, potentially a massive difference :!:

Let's be honest! The guy who gave you neutral feedback must be a selective reader or an idiot! It's a bit like saying(according to his philosophy) every MOC should grade 85 upwards :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom