Cara Dune

wookielookie

This is being sold on eBay. Is it official merch?

s-l1600.jpg

SWBendems

Youngling
It says "Gina Carano's Career" :D Pretty sure its a joke ebay listing.

Are the Cara Dune Vintage Collection's cancelled? I wouldn't mind picking one up tbh as its a pretty cool figure and doubt she will be getting any new ones going forward.

Palifan

Sith Lord
SWBendems said:
It says "Gina Carano's Career" :D Pretty sure its a joke ebay listing.

Are the Cara Dune Vintage Collection's cancelled? I wouldn't mind picking one up tbh as its a pretty cool figure and doubt she will be getting any new ones going forward.

They won't be making any more Vintage Collection or Black series of her so I imagine these will be going through the roof in value right now. I think they are making the Retro Collection ones though but I can't really see those sitting around long.

It's funny with things like this as she's one of the characters I never went for with the odd Mando purchases I've made and I find her character ok but nothing really special for me. Maybe jump on these figures now if you're after one.

Ian

Diamond76

Padawan
Good post. I didn't realise she had been sacked and although she was my least favourite character in the Mahdi series I have all wave 3 of the retro collection on order. It's funny how scarcity improves ones views of a character. :D

grinchy

Sith Lord
i should have mine delivered from star action figures tomorrow, i went for the carbonised version, only one i have of her character, glad to have one

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
grinchy said:
i should have mine delivered from star action figures tomorrow, i went for the carbonised version, only one i have of her character, glad to have one

Mine arrived today.
I wouldn't have gone for the Carbonised version out of choice but it was this or nothing....

SWBendems

Youngling
Mini99 said:
grinchy said:

Mine arrived today.
I wouldn't have gone for the Carbonised version out of choice but it was this or nothing....

Have you actually got one? I had heard rumours that they were on pre-order but Hasbro weren't going to ship them? I guess that's untrue then. Lucky you, hold on to that one, I'd say with the scarcity thats going to be the rarest figure in the set long term.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Sadly, it is indeed true that Hasbro have fallen for the woke/cancel culture and anything within the toy line has got withdrawn from production. I'm willing to bet that some did indeed get produced, when or if we will see those ever trickle out into the grey market is anyone's guess.

I have two of the VC and one carbonised version thankfully, one Ill have to open to populate the Razor Crest though. Ouch now that is a thought, giving the Razor a full crew will be even more costly for those that dont already have her.....

Whos next Rosario Dawson? :roll:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I don't think Hasbro has 'fallen' for anything, they've just done the right thing. Anyone - especially someone so high-profile, who makes comparisons between feelings about political views and the holocaust deserves everything they get imho. Liking anti-BLM posts was another own goal as well. She's also claimed the US election was stolen etc etc. It's a real shame, as she was great as Cara Dune, but she majorly crossed the line with that holocaust comparison.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Not a comparison id of used, but can completely see what she is getting at. Oh you have a difference of thought? You'll be annihilated socially and financially, and that is exactly what is going on. She is just one domino in the pack, its a vicious toxic trope that just never ends. We will be next at some point down the line.

Its all emotional responses over logical reasoning, whipped up into a steaming pot of shinoloa. Id love to see what the driving force behind it all is to be honest.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Agree it was a clumsy comparison, especially in the present climate, but I can see where she was coming from. Personally, I would liken the situation to a reverse McCarthyism.
The people screaming anti-Semitism are talking out of their woke arses.

It's the blatant hypocrisy that boils my piss.
Pedro Pascal labels half of the American electorate Nazis and Krystina Arielle accuses every white person of racism. Yet they keep their jobs because they tick all the liberal, lefty boxes.

Disney has **** the bed with this one (as per usual).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom