Cantina Backdrop Question

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm trying to put together a Palitoy Cantina. I have many of the bits from my childhood one but I'm looking to buy a background. My question is... are the Kenner and Palitoy backgrounds different? Or do both fit a Palitoy base?

Thanks, Scott

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Darth Bobby said:
I'm trying to put together a Palitoy Cantina. I have many of the bits from my childhood one but I'm looking to buy a background. My question is... are the Kenner and Palitoy backgrounds different? Or do both fit a Palitoy base?

Thanks, Scott

Hi Scott,

Sorry, I've only just seen your question.

No, whilst they both have the same picture on them, they are very different from one another. You could fit the Palitoy one in a Kenner base (although it would sit too high), however you cannot fit a Kenner one in a Palitoy base (not without damaging it anyway):

11 - Ken Pal.jpg

12 - Ken Pal.jpg

Hope that helps :)

Jeremy

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thank you for the advice. I wondered if it was a stupid question as I imagined they were the same? Clearly not. Still looking for a Palitoy backdrop and cardboard bar section to complete mine. It's such a cool playset. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 1BDB85F7-1D7E-4E45-9BEE-E0EB59629250.jpeg
    1BDB85F7-1D7E-4E45-9BEE-E0EB59629250.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 601

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Darth Bobby said:
Thank you for the advice. I wondered if it was a stupid question as I imagined they were the same? Clearly not. Still looking for a Palitoy backdrop and cardboard bar section to complete mine. It's such a cool playset. Thanks again.
You're very welcome, and it wasn't a stupid question at all. Unless you'd seen both, you couldn't possibly know they were different, especially since they look so similar when fitted into place.

I love all the Palitoy playsets, including the Cantina. It's one of the first Star Wars toys I ever owned back in 1978, and I played and played and played with it! :-D

Best of luck in your search. The loose playsets do come up reasonably often on eBay, but they're not the cheapest things to buy, as you probably know. Repro cardboard parts are available; I personally wouldn't touch them, but I certainly won't judge you, if you do of course.

I'll happily keep an eye out for an original backdrop and bar front for you if you like (and doors too, if you need them), and soon hopefully yours will look like this:

10 - Pal Cant.jpg

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks Jeremy, much appreciated. I've seen the Repro backdrops but I don't want to give the producers my money, although I can see why some people buy them as I'm sure an original back drop won't be cheap. Hopefully my Cantina will be complete soon. Thanks again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom