Virtual showroom for your awesome Star Wars collections

agustiadi

Hey all,

I am a newbie collector of Star Wars merchandise. I do collect other stuffs too like diecast cars and Gundam toys. After facing some frustration in looking for ways to best showcase my new collections online, I came up with this idea of creating a site where collectors can showcase their collections in a beautifully design layout (like a virtual gallery). I did up a quick landing page at http://www.kollection.me to give a brief description of what I have in mind.

I would like to ask all of you whether this is something you all would like to have as a collector too.

Looking forward to your awesome comments and feedbacks! :D

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Agustiadi

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I like the idea of having a nicely layen out website to put pictures of collections in, but isn't most of the effort got to be made when photographing the collection? You really need to use lighting boxes, a decent camera and have a good skills in picture composition and framing to make any collection look it's best.

:)

Jason

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Got the camera and light box on my christmas list :D

Hopefully I will discover the composition skills once the camera is on my hand...

Welcome Agustiadi,

Would have been nice to see you in the Who's Who thread before you plugged your site, nevertheless I had to have a look. :wink:

Looking forward to see how it turns out, would any of the functionality of Photobucket/FlickR be there, will we be able to create rooms as opposed to albums?

Just to add, I signed up, if anyone else thinking of joining to use my link to boost my cred' http://signup.kollection.me/?lrRef=DKETk :D

plantman

Sith Lord
its a nice idea but i personally favour forums or just chucking together your own site on wix ect, they have nice galleries and its dead easy

Badderius

Jedi Knight
Agree with doing it on Wix.com, easy to set up and once its set up you will fin d yourself tweeking and changing it as you start to get more ideas. I am in the process of changing mine.

Here is my first attempt:

www.badderius.com

Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom