Support our Troops!

Jez

Sith Lord
OK guys, i've been signed up for this for a few weeks but haven't said anything due to Chris' London Marathon run.

This is a big one. This is a 30 mile cross country run for SSAFA and Lee Rigby.

https://www.justgiving.com/SSAFA-LeeRigby

I have always been a supporter of the wonderful organisations that assist the Armed Forces. I decided to support SSAFA after learning about the help which they gave Lee Rigby's family after his tragic killing. Following Lee's death, members of the Rigby family became members of SSAFA's Bereaved Families Support Group. The group played a vital role in helping them start to come to terms with what happened to Lee. The group offers mutual support for those who have lost a loved one while they were serving in the UK Armed Forces. SSAFA as a group do even more. In fact the organisation does so much for both serving and ex serving members and their families , i don't have the space to explain. Why don't you check them out http://www.ssafa.org.uk

SSAFA is a tremendous charity set up for the; Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen Families association,
Essentially, its a charity who help out serving and ex serving people who are in need. Many of my friends families who have been killed or injured have been massively supported by SSAFA. The Rigby family were so well supported, they have become members of SSAFA themselves.

SSAFA provides lifelong support for our Forces and their families. Every year we give life-changing support to more than 50,000 people. Thanks to our supporters, we are able to extend a helping hand to our servicemen and women and their families, doing whatever it takes to meet their needs.

For more information please google SSAFA.

I will definitely run a competition sooner or later but for now i thought i'd subtlety put this here.

https://www.justgiving.com/SSAFA-LeeRigby

Or text your wonderful donations by simply texting: JEZA69 £(your donation) to 70070, simple and free to do.
You then get a link back thanking you and offering you the opportunity to add free gift aid and your name :D

Jez

Sith Lord
NEW TEXT OPTION ADDED!!!

Text JEZA69 £(your donation*) to 70070.

* you can donate anything from £1 - £10 by text, the limit is £10 but you can always do it twice :lol:
Its free to do. You will then get a confirmation message back which will include a link where you can add free gift aid and your name.

Technology eh, its bloody great!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Such a great cause Jez. I really hope you do manage to hit your target which I am pretty sure you will.

Having just done my marathon I have so much respect for you and know how hard any form of long distance running/jogging can and will be.

Jez, I wish you the best of luck throughout your training and on the day. I hope I can support you as much as you have supported me.

Jez

Sith Lord
Mate, thanks very much but there is no pressure and no rush. I'm not running this until June 14th.

I am doing this for SSAFA and paying for the privilege myself, its only cost me £18 to enter plus the cost of the accommodation etc.
SSAFA will welcome whatever i can raise, they haven't set me a target.
I've set myself the target of 1K which i think is hopefully achievable.
I certainly don't want to make folk feel obliged to donate, these are hard times.
Having said that SSAFA are a fantastic charity, any cash raised will go to such a good cause.

I smashed out a 15.2 hilly run last night which felt ok, legs are just a trifle stiff today which is to be expected.

Thanks for your moral support guys, its very much appreciated.

mumbo

Sith Lord
:shock: that is going to be a gruelling stroll through the countryside, 30 miles :!: :!: :eek: ouch.

Good luck to you Jez and fair play another member willing to sacrifice themselves for a good cause. Donation coming :)

Jez

Sith Lord
Thanks very much to everyone who has kindly sponsored me. I won't let you down :)

Jez

Sith Lord
I ran a half marathon yesterday and i struggled.
OK it felt like a seen from Rocky VI as i was running in the snow and i felt like i needed a montage, but it was a bloody nightmare.
Please help me

TC-14

Sith Lord
You ran a half marathon... in the snow?

The admiration I harboured for you and your charity efforts has just been increased ten-fold. Good man, Jez. Keep at it...

Jez

Sith Lord
Ha, thanks Martin.
I'm not that tough, it was snowing but it wasn't settling.

Jez

Sith Lord
Thanks Liam.
Competition/Prize Draw thread updated.

Training going ok, 3 half marathons in 7 days.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom