Scammers on Ebay Info

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
jedi_masters said:
Avoid ebayer terryterryd1983, bids on his own auctions with fake account. Have just outed him to ebay.

This guy is now no longer a registered user. Ebay actually did something for once. Victory to the genuine sellers and buyers I think!!

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Block this wanker: cheerleader_2011

Non paying time waster, may be of particular interest to some fellow Aussie members as he hails from W.A.

Cheers

Josh

Sith Lord
What's there feedback like, Ryan?
Post a link to their profile...saves me time having to find the wanker. :D

BlueDog

Sith Lord
He's a bit of a strange one, check out the feedback left for others. :roll:

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=cheerleader_2011&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2776

mrbazer1

Padawan
This is quite an obvious one (but just in case), the bubble has been opened.

For some reason the seller hasn't mentioned it in the listing. :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160762313198&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

aussiejames

Sith Lord
If Captured By Bounty Hunters And Frozen In Carbonite I Would Go Save Them! A+++ Seller:
Slow Payer But I Would Probably Still Protect Them In The Shower Block In Prison Buyer:
Holy ****! Its the Dark Lord From 1977 A+ Protect This Ebayer In Prison Shower!

:eek: :lol:

BlueDog

Sith Lord
:lol: I sooo wanted to leave you feedback for the chin gun saying I'd protect you in the prison shower James! But then I would have looked like this nutter! :lol: :lol:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
pokeydj

Do NOT trust the above seller, TBH I was not going to post about this transaction even though its been a voyage in to hell, as I have been real busy with other things of late & don't seem to be getting the time to get on the forum as I would like to (sorry about that BTW guys).

Anyhow I bought this baggie from the seller -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120783357004?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D120783357004%26_rdc%3D1#ht_500wt_1289

Before we go in to the meat & potatoes of the facts, think about this one - postage cost as you see $17, actual postage costs under $4.

Anyhow, he sent me a Rancor Keeper in an ESB-c baggie, so I contacted him & arranged to send it back as he confirmed he still had the other & had sent it by mistake, so with great annoyance due to the postage costs involved (first class signed for international @ £13) I returned the item to the address he had provided.

Weeks later I still had heard nothing & the item was showing as delivery attempted, so I contacted the seller again, he said he would check at the PO, he got back saying there was no card left to show delivery attempted & that there was no parcel at the PO, it was at this point that my spider sense first started kicking in :| that I was dealing with one of those sellers, so I contacted RM to see if they had any info for me, they confirmed delivery had been attempted, but that the postage address was not know & did not exist, so I asked what the procedure would be regarding the item & they informed me that the item would be returned to me within 60 days :| Phh! as there is no return sender address on the parcel - I always put my return name & address on the label directly under the recipient address & when I got the parcel back there it was on the front plain as day :?

So not with the wrong item back in hand & now being down the return postage cost I contact the seller again (had already done so to inform them of the situation regarding the wrong address previously) & they wanted me to return it a second time & kept saying they were going to/had sent the replacement, but would not provide me with any tracking info or even a proof of postage number.

Its now exactly 46 days after buying the item & note that I have missed opening a claim by 1 day :x so I called ebay to explain & the chap there informed me he can get a claim opened due to the circumstances & tells me in no uncertain terms NOT to return the item again, so claim is opened I I keep hod of the figure awaiting a conformation of sending from the seller.

Seller then contacts me demanding I send the item back a 2nd time but still no conformation of sending the replacement, so for about the tenth time now I request a proof of sending - nada/zip/nichts!.

Eventually a padded envelope arrives with my missing baggie in it :) so I now contact the seller & ask if he wants the other incorrect baggie returning, but that I would like the return postage costs covering & would also like the excessive postage costs refunding which they had agreed to in previous correspondence, as I am now down -

$33.99 - cost of item
$13 - excess postage cost
£13 - postage cost to return the figure the first time
& to be another £13 if I return the item a second time

A request I felt was reasonable considering the circumstances right???

NO, or the seller did not think so as the reply from them after ebay had considered the claim & asked me to return the figure was to (wait for it) - demand I send back BOTH figures before he issues me with a refund :eek: :shock: :?

At this point the spider sense went out the window as I know I was dealing with a muppet, - both items??, I informed him that I was born in the morning but not this morning! & that if he wanted to extort me he would have to be a little more subtle about it, as if I sent both items back I would be down about £65++ with sod all to show for my efforts, not even the figure I had paid for - resolved??, no not bloody likely, I closed the case my end as ebay wanted me to return the first item, but I knew the seller would not refund anything but the purchase price which would still leave me down to the tune of -

$13 excessive postage
£13 return postage first time
& £13 return postage the 2nd time

Equating to more than the cost of the item.

So I don't hear back from the seller after informing him he is trying to commit fraud & I think its all over & I am only down $13 & £13 but have the extra figure with will if I am lucky cover that cost, anyhow almost a month later i get a further reply from the seller -

"QUOTE" just saw you replied. are you kidding? shame on me? you are STEALING! shame on me? I am out extra shipping and a 2nd figure! Thief! I will be contacting ebay. It's clear as day you opened a case to make a claim, and them when you had both figures, you didn't respond and then you closed the case! you are quite the fraud mastermind! I'm not sure how you are still allowed on ebay. it's people like you who make ebay a terrible place to shop and sell. Send back my figure now! Quit stealing! Ebay clearly stated to send back the figures and then you get a refund!!!!! It was ebay's suggestion to solve this. Did you ship anything back after they said to? NO. terrible, just terrible."END QUOTE".

Now I was going so send a reply, but I have already been through the motions about 20 times with this guy & he simply does not listen, should I send this reply?? -

"REPLY" -

You & I both know the truth, & the truth is you were trying to extort me!, let's look at the FACT's shall we -

1. I purchase the figure & pay instantly.
2. you send the wrong item
3. I return the figure at my own expense via premium signed for service as requested for a replacement which never arrives, to an address you provided which is not the correct address.
4. You keep telling me you are going to post the replacement & don't.
5. I have to open a case due to you not sending my replacement item & being evasive.
6. I open a case as you will not send me the replacement within a suitable time frame & the time to open a case is now at 45 days (the last available day to open a case) so you left me no choice in that matter.
7. You then request that I return not one but both items to you - this is FRAUD!! plain & simple - I paid for an item remember?? & ebay requested that I send 1 figure back which I had already done once to the address you provided remember??, not BOTH figures.

Like I said before - I was more than willing to resolve this amicably & did try to by sending the figure back to be replaced, it was you who decided not to do so & started the claim process rolling by your inaction.

So as previously stated - you send me the funds you owe for excessive shipping ($17 dollars to post & actual postage of less than $4), the initial return postage cost via first class signed for service (£13) & then the cost to return the item a second time @ (£13) a total of some almost £40 (more that the purchase cost of the second figure) & I will happily return the item to you. "END REPLY"

Or should I -

A - ignore him.
B - try re reporting him to ebay for harassment & extortion/fraud.
C - send my reply, knowing full well it will fall on deaf ears.
D - Starp explosives to myself & detonate in the nearest McDonalds?

BlueDog

Sith Lord
I dread these kind of Ebay experiences, I think we've all had them in one way or another. Maybe contact Ebay if you want it resolved Frank, explain the situation and see what they say. Then again they may tell you to resend it again which would suck! ( sorry not being much help ).

Plain fact is it's his stuff up you tried to resolve it and I don't reckon you should be out anymore cash due to him being a tool.

Send the message and then ignore any further messages, make it clear this will be your last piece of correspondance. Hopefully like a good fart he will eventually disappear.

I don't think you need to worry about any explosives to level your Macca's mate, sounds like your ready to pop as it is. :lol:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Frank, i often find dialogue with these people completely pointless. I try to deal with buyers or seller in disputes as little as possible. Recently i was sent a box of cards described as in 'good condition' when they arrived they were damaged so i contacted the buyer... now i'm pretty much only doing this because i know if i need to open a case i need to have contacted them. It's already in my mind to open a case... the reply is standard "items were fine. described a used" etc etc. He offers a 10% refund. I respond just to say simply that i would require a 50% refund or i'd have to send it back for a full refund. He replies with more reasons why he think he is not culpable. I then open a case without responding. ebay does the rest.
As a seller i am more forthcoming because i need to protect my end but as a buyer i really have no interest in getting into long discussions and arguments with sellers who i feel are either ignorant, dishonest or just plain stupid.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Thanks for your input guys it is appreciated.

@ Liam - Deal from Hell?, sure is.

@ Ryan - Was looking forward to going bang TBH :lol: but on a more serious note, I already stated that the last message I sent to him was my final correspondence, so I just don't think he gets it :?

@ Pete - Think you have hit the nail on the head with letting ebay do most of the talking, found that much out myself over that last couple of years as ebay & the folks trading there seem to have changed a lot, but diplomatic relation via the bay seem to have failed miserably this time as they were asking me to send the item back again or close the case so I closed the case as I know he would have just kept asking for both items & then refunded me only the initial costs so I would have lost out in a big way.

I have decided not to respond with my above reply, but have kept it handy should I hear more from him or from the ebay team.

Its transactions like this that make it off putting trading on there.

Fingers crossed its the last I will hear about it, but I doubt it.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
but diplomatic relation via the bay seem to have failed miserably this time as they were asking me to send the item back again or close the case so I closed the case as I know he would have just kept asking for both items & then refunded me only the initial costs so I would have lost out in a big way.

This happened to me last month. I bought a large collection of Garbage Pail Kids cards from the states. Forked out almost £100 for them. When they arrived i was disappointed to find a large number of them damaged and the majority in rather poor condition. This was not described in the sale so naturally i took it up with the seller asking for a 50% refund. He offered 10% and i opened a case with ebay. They stated i must return the item and pay the shipping myself. This was their policy, they stated. When i pointed out that that is the most ridiculous policy i had ever heard and that if i wanted i could easily take advantage of it selling broken products around the world that were way to heavy for a buyer to afford to return they didn't seem to understand. Anyway...
I got a quote for the return shipping and it was nearly £50. So even tho i have been mislead by an incompetent seller who has breached the trading rules of ebay, i am the one who has to lose money. Not him. I will be out £50 and he will get his items returned and be able to sell them again.
There was nothing i could do. I had to keep them and take the hit. The plan is to resell them (properly described) and try to make back at least some of my money.
It seems the claim that ebay ALWAYS sides with the buyer is not quite true.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Sorry to hear that Pete, it really is running the gauntlet at time on there, even as a buyer, I do hope you manage to get something back on them, I'm just glad I was not stupid enough to listen to ebay & send it back a 2nd time or I would have had nothing in hand & still be about £65 down, you think they would look in to situations a little more closely & decide the case on its merits & the communications between buyer & seller, rather than quoting scripture as it were.

PGowdy

Grand Master
I think next time i'm gonna try opening the case with paypal, if that's possible with ebay transactions, and see if i fare any better. It really makes no sense to me that a buyer who has been duped by a seller intentionally not describing an item properly should have to lose money returning said item. Where's the logic?? :?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
Where's the logic?? :?

They carry on trading & don't have to invest any time in individuals issues = efficiently earning :|

Think you may be right though Pete, maybe going down the PP claim route will be a better option, you just never know till after you have started a claim if the seller is going to be a dick about things.

I did my first PP claim a while ago & all went in my favour, which is a good thing as the seller kept saying he would refund me & I said I would drop the claim soon as they did, suffice to say they never did so, but luckily PP came through for me & refunded in full.

I hate how underhanded folk can be & the **** some folks think is acceptable, check this - I saw someone on a car boot sale trying to sell a used (yes used) toilet brush for 20p, so I gave them 20p to bin it, sad state of affairs I tell you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom