R2-D2 Sabers ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys I have just received the saber on the bottom, but compared to the one I have in the top it is a lot different.

Is the one at the bottom repro ?

STA60001-13_zps828c6fbb.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
My gut feeling is that it is fine - maybe one is from the Glasslite or the Droids R2

walkie

Sith Lord
Very interesting, the info on TIG is no conclusive, it may be worth containing aussiejames.

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/thelightsabersection.htm

I have several in my collection including.... POTF, Droids & Glasslite and apart from the colour difference I never bothered to check the length. I will take a look and report back.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks guys, so they are both original ?

They are both in green plastic, not painted. Short saber floats, Long saber floats when placed in water, but sinks if you push it to the bottom.

Short saber, can be bend, long saber the plastic is much harder and not easy to bend.

I think I remember talking about the long saber on tig some years ago and they also ID the long as original, but know I have the short that confused me :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Any idea what saber there is could be for the Droids figure and what saber there could be for the POTF figure ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
Bottom one looks painted. Give it the scratch test. If painted...it's a repro.

Yes you are right about it looks painted, I have tried to scratch it and it is all green, no paint. There was also a cut mark in it, so it looks like others have testet it before me.

Maybe I have not made the scratch deep enough :?

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Look like a pair of dildo's to me!!!

Sorry i cant help lars amd the tig site with regards to those sabres aint good!

im sure there are plenty of guys on here who can help Lars,
i can understand this sabre being subject to repro crap as its for a more expensive/desirable figure.

fingers crossed its good!

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Hi Lars, It doesn't look good to me mate but I'm not sure on the length, your top one I'd say is the POTF variant so if the other is the Droids then it should be darker? as you know I also thought it looked painted and It just looks odd to, maybe I'm wrong though and it will be interesting to see what Walkie comes back with on the lengths of his.

Dennis made a great post in your thread on TIG, I think the circle is a Enjector pin mark(EPM) and in my opinion all 3 are possible with or without it.
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3823-droids-r2-d2-lightsaber

Pomse2001

Grand Master
H guys thanks for the help, I can't wait to see pictures from walkie :D

Thanks for the link, I remember the thread :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks for the link james. But no info about a shorter saber :?:

I can see that glasslite sabers floats like the short one I have. But it does not look like a glasslite saber to me :?

Here the POTF and Droids saber compared

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083452/

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
The POTF and Droids sabers are the same length in Jedi's picture there Lars so that could only leave the Glasslite variant that yours could be, it floats like a Glasslite but yours doesn't look like mine and also all 3 look to be roughly the same length in Dennis picture in James link above.

DSCF6376.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks for the link, but the only repro saber there is on this link is painted. This one I have is shoter and not painted :?

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
Hi guys I have just received the saber on the bottom, but compared to the one I have in the top it is a lot different.

Is the one at the bottom repro ?

STA60001-13_zps828c6fbb.jpg

The bottom one here is another one that looks painted but is solid plastic, darker than yours though Lars but this one floats when placed on the water and then sinks when pushed under, just like the original POTF and Droids versions. Does yours float then sink?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom