FAKES..

Lee77

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200863104326?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Fake as a 3 bob note - avoid

It still went for £80+
And how can you tell it's fake? Is it the bag or the box?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Greg has nailed it, both box & figure are incorrect, fett never came in either that bag type or that box size, a pittiful atempt to decive, but hey thats every day when the words star wars baggie & ebay are used in the same sentance :|

x-pack

Grand Master
I bought some repro bits and bobs a while back and was amazed how good they were. The only thing i would say is that the bubbles aren't the same as i remember them being or compared to my genuine carded figures. They have that thinner bit of the bubble at the bottom and the small card insert. Why is this? I don't mind because they are cheap and i'm not trying to fool anyone. Just wondering

rob71

Sith Lord
Hi guys, just new to SWFUK and found this thread... what were the items on the last two pages to look out for? The link just goes to a Boba Fett overview page, maybe cos its old now...
And who is "Poon"? Is he a dodgy seller on ebay? So many questions :D

Richard_H

Grand Master
Poon is a mass market fake figure flooder (how's that for alliteration :D )

He sells the 'fake' super white stormtroopers on ebay with the same COO as the originals. You can tell them difference between the fakes and the originals but it takes a little time. He also sells black ones, which I don't have as much as a problem with as they can't easily be mistaken for originals :lol:

rob71

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
The problem is that Mr. Poon works with the manufacturing base in China. He has a packaging manufacturer who prints these and they are dead on in respect to gloss, thickness and feel to original cardbacks. The bubbles are dead on as well. The only plus is that he has yet to fake the heat sealed effect to the bubbles (as far as I know).

so what is the difference visually with them? Whats the thing to look out for regards to the sealing of the bubble to the card? Is there an example picture of a Poon fake to compare to a genuine one?

Wild Whiphid

Padawan
Some guy here in the Netherlands was selling some interesting pieces on a local version of eBay. What got my attention was a carded vinyl cape Jawa, which in itself was odd (said website seems a bit to low-key for selling such an item). However, the fool was also trying to sell a carded version of red cape Bib Fortuna... and that probably caught up with him in the end.

$%28KGrHqF,!q8FGU2FCuQ5BRn1p4QDH!~~60_82.jpg
$T2eC16FHJIkE9qU3iLdcBRn1nMOG2w~~60_82.jpg

All the items he listed are now gone (they were there yesterday), and he had well over a 100. Guess someone reported it or something...
Good to know there are "guardians" out there (here) who keep an eye out for these scams.

rob71

Sith Lord
Confrontation seems to be the best approach... not in an aggressive way, just a "do you know you appear to be selllling counterfeit items?" and then take it from there depending on response. There was a guy doing that the other day with 12-back Chewies.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8781&start=135

He managed to get $250 for one, but the other has now been removed, either because I reported him to ebay or because more than one of us here were on his case.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Haha the Vintage Police, love it :) as a community we have to stick together and weed out these wankers :evil: keep up the stellar work 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom