Vader LS - Real or Repo.

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
Hi all, can anyone tell me if I've been diddled? Purchased a excellent condition Vader (coo HK) off eBay and i'm not too sure about the LS it came with. I've attached a picture below for reference. The one on the Left is one in question (the right is an old one of mine I know is real). The new one floats and is considerably brighter, although the picture doesn't really show this it is almost fluorescent. Also the is a small notch of plastic on the back end where it would have been held in the mould.
vader LS.JPG

Thanks for the help.

Dave

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
Thanks mate,

It has a striking similarity with the variant 2 repro. F**king eBay!!!!

Is it worth the hastle of contacting the seller only paid a few quid for it, the actual figure is in bostin' condition.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
Dave. Lesson learned. Don't buy from eBay anymore. Stick to the forums mate.

I'd have to agree.

When I first started on this forum I'd say I bought 90% of my stuff from eBay.

2 years later, unless its 'oddball' items such as stationary, badges etc, I buy about 10% off eBay.

It's not that great anymore, especially since the category changes which are rediculous.

The constant nibbling of charges pisses me off as well.

On the forum though, I've had great MOCs and have added to my loose. So far every transaction has been painless.

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
Yes Jamie, lesson learned. I wouldn't mind so much if the seller was open about it but the wording made it out to be all original stuff. I've sent them a message, will see what they come back with in response.

Got anymore minty first 12's you want to pass my way :wink:

Just waiting on a little parcel from Chazb73 to arrive now :0)

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Rebel_Runner said:
Yes Jamie, lesson learned. I wouldn't mind so much if the seller was open about it but the wording made it out to be all original stuff. I've sent them a message, will see what they come back with in response.

Got anymore minty first 12's you want to pass my way :wink:

Just waiting on a little parcel from Chazb73 to arrive now :0)

If I had you would be top of my list mate.

Talk to the man Iain. He can work magic (but not in a creepy Paul Daniels way)

M4K3R1

Padawan
A better/clearer closeup photo would help,
but the saber on the left in the photo you posted above, looks good.
Its a round tip saber, which is very common on all US Kenner ROTJ 65 back Darth Vader MOC.
The flourecent colour you mention, is consistent with the US 65 back.
The saber on the right in your photo, is darker which is common for foreign, non US card backs.
The excess flashing on the butt of the saber is just the way it was cut off the tree in the factory.
The repro version 2 you mention, from the gallery here on TIG, is very similar, but the colour is different on the repro. The repro is a dark/dull orange colour.
The water test, sink or float, is not 100% accurate.

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
This is why I love this place. Some really knowlegable people. Cheers for the advice.

I'll try upload a better pic.

Got a reply from the seller who said they would give me a full refund if I'm not happy. They claim they've had it for years so suprised I think its dodgy. Got me thinking it's pukka now!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom