Darth Vader No COO or date??

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Lee77 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Lee77 said:
Great thread guys. Coo and variants don't normally bother me but this is really interesting.
Now where the hell does it originate from!!!!!

Be careful Lee, you can be a coo variant addict :lol:

:lol: lol Lars. I was thinking of putting a loose run together but I need to finish my Jedi run first.

Welcome to the Dark Side Lee :lol: I would love to see that loose run Lee :D

chazb73

Sith Lord
Here are some pics if anyone wants to have a look :wink:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91960842@N08/8556113489/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91960842@N08/8557223706/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91960842@N08/8556113665/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91960842@N08/8557223966/in/photostream

(I removed his cape for 3 of the pics)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Iv e just spotted this thread also, riveting read....what is the result...latest :?:

Hope it's one in a million bud :D

M4K3R1

Padawan
Sorry for the late reply fella's.
Chazb73 kindlly let me buy this figure from him, so it now lives with me. :D

A little info on this figure as described to me by Bill McBride,
This is an early european variant production figure.

Although having no markings does make it quite special, in my opinion.

While searching for info on this guy, i also came across this old thread,
same question on the same figure, but turns out to have a small difference to this one.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1061175/

Both are just early production figures.
Hope this helps.

Oscar.

chazb73

Sith Lord
It was great finding this guy - as oscar collects vaders and made a very good offer it made sense to move him on.

Great update buddy :D

(wish I was in Australia with him! ) :lol:

flycasual

Jedi Master
M4K3R1 said:
European variants have blanked, erased or scarred COOs. I wonder why he says it is European? :?

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
I will be interested to see the out come of this! Could we have another uber expensive one-off on our hands. Looks like £35k figure to me :wink:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Wow, only just seen this, very interesting indeed, I did not think there were any euro figures without any coo or other markings, great find, wonder if Pat (Darthdaddius) on RS has seen this as he is also a bit of a vader nut.

Would love to drop on something like this as I love the obscure stuff :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
To a learner like me, that's the cool thing about SW collecting, there is always a variant, or an individual piece that you might stumble on, then you have the fun of learning about it, owning for a while etc

That's the draw...always something new to learn :D :D

M4K3R1

Padawan
flycasual said:
M4K3R1 said:
European variants have blanked, erased or scarred COOs. I wonder why he says it is European? :?

I believe it has something to do with the mold details, The chest, and sculpt of the figure. As mentioned, this is an early variant, i would "assume" before the blanked, erased, or scared variants leg markings were added to the figures and produced.
It is a production figure, so not a one off, there are more out there, but unless properlly photographed and described by a seller, it would be difficult to tell.

chazb73

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Wow, only just seen this, very interesting indeed, I did not think there were any euro figures without any coo or other markings, great find, wonder if Pat (Darthdaddius) on RS has seen this as he is also a bit of a vader nut.

Would love to drop on something like this as I love the obscure stuff :D

I was pretty excited discovered it -I thought it was a bootleg or something! :lol:

Picked up on ebay as a regular vader - like Oscar says there will be others, how many have survived is a differnet matter

happy hunting :D

flycasual

Jedi Master
M4K3R1 said:
flycasual said:
M4K3R1 said:

I believe it has something to do with the mold details, The chest, and sculpt of the figure. As mentioned, this is an early variant, i would "assume" before the blanked, erased, or scared variants leg markings were added to the figures and produced.
It is a production figure, so not a one off, there are more out there, but unless properlly photographed and described by a seller, it would be difficult to tell.
If that is right, a new steel mould must have been made just for the European market. Normally they just altered old moulds, which is why we have blanked, erased or scarred figures.

There must be a similar Vader relative in Europe with just "LFL 1977" and no COO alteration.

M4K3R1

Padawan
Based on Wollfs mold family theory, every mold has a matching pair, which is very true with Vader COO variants. I wont speak for other figures/characters as i dont have any, but i would agree that there ""should"" also be a pair to this no markings coo vader. I would say that the blanked, scared, erased markings would have been added to this mold after the production run of this no markings variant. As for what the mold pair to this no markings coo could be, i dont know. Hope it is found one day. :D

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
M4K3R1 said:
I would say that the blanked, scared, erased markings would have been added to this mold after the production run of this no markings variant. As for what the mold pair to this no markings coo could be, i dont know. Hope it is found one day. :D
Hi Oscar, thanks for sharing this with us but that above doesn't make sense as the scars etc where formed by filling in the COO cavity in the mold. This was done to remove the COO from a figure so there would be no point doing that with this Vader that has no info already. More likely that they just stopped using the mold or added a COO, how does this figure compare to the Taiwan or made in Taiwan Vader. Did Bill give you his thoughts on why this Taiwan figure was a Euro variant?

M4K3R1

Padawan
The Taiwan figure with no markings is the one in the link i provided in my above post, the difference between this one from chazb73 is in the length of the lightsaber hilt part of the hand. The hilt portion in the taiwan figure is longer in length than this one.
The head on the taiwan no marks figure also looks different to this one (IMO)
As it was explained to me, this no marks figure from chazb73, the CoO stamp would have been added to this no marks figure, then at a later stage in the process, the scaring, errased, etc, changes to the coo stamp would have been done as the changes progressed during production time.
I didnt go into the fine details, i will see if Bill will agree to chime in and explain it better.

Bill McBride

Padawan
Apologies for not chiming in earlier.
To the best of my knowledge, every example has come from a European source.
(mine came from a lot of loose and carded figs from the UK).
The details on the figure, and a lack of CoO are indicative of a production mold
that has been "sharpened" up for reuse. If you look at the arms and legs, the fold
details is much deeper that you would expect. (while the head and torso are for the
most part, unchanged). My best guess is that these would have been the earlier molds
from Kenner, that were sent over to be reused for the later releases (looking at the
Tri-Logo releases)
Unfortunately, these are not pre-production figures - however, this variation is fairly
uncommon. I think it's a great piece !! Congrats !!

Bill

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Bill McBride said:
Apologies for not chiming in earlier.
To the best of my knowledge, every example has come from a European source.
(mine came from a lot of loose and carded figs from the UK).
The details on the figure, and a lack of CoO are indicative of a production mold
that has been "sharpened" up for reuse. If you look at the arms and legs, the fold
details is much deeper that you would expect. (while the head and torso are for the
most part, unchanged). My best guess is that these would have been the earlier molds
from Kenner, that were sent over to be reused for the later releases (looking at the
Tri-Logo releases)
Unfortunately, these are not pre-production figures - however, this variation is fairly
uncommon. I think it's a great piece !! Congrats !!

Bill

Hi Bill, great post and I agree that's he's an awesome figure, I was just qurious as its a euro variant.

How did you find out it's a Taiwan made figure and what Tri-logo figure was this mold edited for latter on?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom