Vinyl Cape Repair Guide

Joe

Grand Master
I did all of my capes today, although I may give it another try when I put them on display, I found that the water really does have to be boiling like Pete said in his guide and if doing more than say 4-6 capes at a time it might be best to heat the water twice.

Some of the fold lines didn't come out of mine but for the most part they did straighten up nicely :)

Thanks again for the guide Pete I wouldn't have bothered but I wanted a blue peter badge ! :D

Joe

Grand Master
Wahey! Decided to try again with really scolding hot water and it worked perfectly, got some shots before and after !
View attachment 2

Some of these were REALLY misshaped !

View attachment 1

This was my attempt just now, took every single wrinkle out!

Put them back 8)

Joe

Grand Master
Most impressed with Ben's , first time it just didn't take out the bend on the side, this time - flat as a pancake!

Thanks Pete for the guide!

Joe

Grand Master
ponchobelt said:
ive got a tear in my leia cape, any idea on how i could repair it?

Well you can't really :( glue looks crap and it'll probably come undone.

If the tear isn't that big you could take some nail scissors and cut it out from the inside of the arm hole (presuming its on the arm hole?) the arm hole will be a tiny bit bigger but the tear will be gone if you do it neatly.

poncho

Grand Master
mmm i may have too buy an orignal replacement cape as the tear is quite big! no more than a five quid. i could use white pvc tape :shock: ....umm no bad idea. il buy a one

plantman

Sith Lord
Just thought id add to this thread.

If you want your figures cape to sit with a neat fold on it so it doesnt stay open on the figure, dip the cape again whilst holding it in the folded position, this obviously makes the cape supple, place the figure in a bag and wrap it around keeping the cape folded, as the cape cools it holds the folded position. You can speed this up by placing it in cold water or refrigirator ect.

The final result is a figure that has a cape folded and displays a bit better.

batman

Padawan
I have used glue called wonderlas made by alebastine ,it's clear and stays elastic and so strong you can use it to repair tyres and rubber boats without patches.

jay4

Jedi Knight
brilliiant :wink: easy but effective how i havent thought of this before i dont know

Furtin

Padawan
Superb howto! Got my Leias today and will give them capes a good hot bath :D

Thanks a ton for this!

Damn, hardly a day goes by with something new to me on the StarWars front ... :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom