Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

lee gray

Sith Lord
Why exactly would Jason J even buys these in the first place if he knew they came from toytoni originally when he also knew Toni puts them on cards himself...seems odd, maybe the miscards are from same place too ?

Still would like to meet Jason though as the past is the past and always turn up at his shows so next time will say hi.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Palitoy78 said:
I will say one thing-at least Jason Joiner had the bollocks to front up to people about this,which is a lot more than someone else has done :evil:

Fairpay to him for that.

JuniorChubb likes this :D

lee gray said:
Why exactly would Jason J even buys these in the first place if he knew they came from toytoni originally when he also knew Toni puts them on cards himself...seems odd, maybe the miscards are from same place too ?

These are not from JJ's collection, they are from a collection of someone he knows, they are all 'supposedly' originated from TT.

bobbybobs

Padawan
Great post Chris, thanks for that.

That Hoth stormtrooper 65 is almost exactly like mine. It's like seeing double. Same dodgy seal (particularly at the bottom of the bubble), tab holder indents (two on mine) and the same scratch marks on the front of the card (across the ROTJ logo).

I actually posted about this figure in RS last April as I thought it was a reseal (my first SW vintage purchase).

The thread is below and there are photos. Hard to see from the photos but I can tell you that it has very similar scratch marks across the card in the exact same position. Almost like an animal has clawed it.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1097441/

Christian

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
bobbybobs said:
Great post Chris, thanks for that.

That Hoth stormtrooper 65 is almost exactly like mine. It's like seeing double. Same dodgy seal (particularly at the bottom of the bubble), tab holder indents (two on mine) and the same scratch marks on the front of the card (across the ROTJ logo).

I actually posted about this figure in RS last April as I thought it was a reseal (my first SW vintage purchase).

The thread is below and there are photos. Hard to see from the photos but I can tell you that it has very similar scratch marks across the card in the exact same position. Almost like an animal has clawed it.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1097441/

Christian

Thanks Christian, Where did you buy that carded Hoth trooper mate?.

lee gray

Sith Lord
Several of the twim stem bubble figures i had also had little air gaps where it was not completely sealed, its certainly a weird shape that palitoy did with these where theres virtually no strong edge to seal tight.

skywalker

Jedi Master
God I did not think we would see evidence this damning,,, looks like he has profected his technique over time.

Before was accusations and hearsay, but this is hard evidence in my eyes..

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
I've been keeping out of this discussion and debate as I wasn't sure it was even worth commenting on and seemed all in all like speculation and dragging someone's name through the mud etc.

Now reading over the last few pages, I'm fairly sure this ToyToni guy (or girl :? thought Toni ending in an I was how it was spelt for a girl :? - anyway that's for another discussion :lol: ) has been basically forging certain MOC's. I always wondered why a lot of GM MOC's were so minty.

But it still needs to be established if these MOC's JJ brought to FF4 originated from TT.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
skywalker said:
God I did not think we would see evidence this damning,,, looks like he has profected his technique over time.

These are real cards that have been fake sealed. True.

By who is inconclusive.

If this can be verified it will be another step forward.

itfciain

Grand Master
Having seen some pretty hard evidence this afternoon (albeit no proof that they came from Toni) - and piecing together all of the things that have been said in this thread then it is hard to draw any other conclusion that the one most people are now reaching.

From a personal point of view, it is also gutting to see that more and more pieces being added to the 'suspicious list' - I accepted that my Palitoy C3P0, HST and Lobot might well have come from this batch - but I didn't pay huge sums for them. However it now looks like a couple of my larger purchases - Minty Clipper ESB Hammerhead and UKG90 ESB TFP might also might be mixed up in this whole sorry mess :(

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
skywalker said:

These are real cards that have been fake sealed. True.

By who is inconclusive.

If this can be verified it will be another step forward.

Actually seeing these up close....I agree....these are forged....not all heat sealed....but with a ****ing iron and some with spray adhesive........wow. Like I said I can be wrong and I was wrong.

Time to experiment.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Hi Todd and hope you are well my friend. ~:D Give me a minute to go through the thread and pick a few out. This wasn't my main point. My point was that no one is perfect and we have all made mistakes and that IF this comes out to be proved true then to not judge and understand.

skywalker

Jedi Master
tigerham said:
Hi Todd and hope you are well my friend. ~:D Give me a minute to go through the thread and pick a few out. This wasn't my main point. My point was that no one is perfect and we have all made mistakes and that IF this comes out to be proved true then to not judge and understand.

No offence mate but if it comes out to be true I doubt anyone will want to try and understand why he has done it,,... It's obvious.

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Sorry Ham, but picking out a few flippant comments is not going to help, maybe you should understand them and not judge.

If this does come out as true which I think is a foregone conclusion there are not gonna be ANY understanding collectors out there who have spent their hard earned cash on what they have been sold deceptively. It will be a massive amount of money and will hit SW Collecting in an unprecedented way!

Captainsolo1978

Jedi Master
Try to understand ? Sorry but if he has knowingly been creating sealed figures and selling them to us at full price that is dishonest. He surely cannot plead ignorance.

If this is true lots of us will have lost money and will be very pissed off !

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
tigerham said:

It is true we all make mistakes....but to con people for decades is not something that I call a minor or a one time mistake. It is clear many of these are crude attempts and some better. I scoffed at first...but now I admit...it has been done. I think this thread actually is civil. There are many collectors on this thread who despise each other, but have all held back for the sake of this issue. They have not attacked each other, Joiner or Toni. Merely discussed and observed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom