Important info on Potential Toy Toni carded figure scam.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I have better categorised the palitoy list and have also figured out which of the two card types the german cards were by looking on toytoni.com on the wayback archive
and using the v punch (with english text) or rounded punch (without text) tell with front only pictures of the cards.

Of the 24 affected ESB German cards, 12 are with english text, and 12 are without english text, so a 50/50 split. So there is no correspondence with Tonis cards
being all with english text as I first thought.

Clipper ESB

72* Rebel Commander
69* Bespin Security Guard White
69+ Hammerhead
56+ Walrusman
11+ Dengar

General Mills ESB

563 Han Hoth (without english text)
526 Stormtrooper (without english text)
500* Bossk (without english text)
357 C3PO Removable Limbs (without english text)
320 AT-AT Driver (with english text)
318 Bespin Security Guard Black (with english text)
276 IG88 (without english text)
268 21B (with english text)
194 Han Solo (without english text)
171 R2D2 Sensorscope (without english text)
166 Leia Bespin (with english text)
162 Han Bespin (without english text)
138 Ben Kenobi (without english text)
118 Power Droid (with english text)
90 Cloud Car Pilot (with english text)
85 Yoda (without english text)
73* Rebel Commander (with english text)
70 AT-AT Commander (with english text)
69* Bespin Security Guard White (without english text)
66* Chewbacca (with english text)
50 Leia Hoth (with english text)
36 Rebel Soldier (with english text)
26 FX-7 (with english text)
25 Princess Leia (without english text)
11 R5D4 (with english text)

General Mills ROTJ

30 Cloud Car Pilot
6^ Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot

Palitoy ESB

500* Bossk (45b back)
264 Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot (45b back)
66* Chewbacca (45b back)

Palitoy ROTJ

1234 C3PO Removable Limbs (65d back)
1126 Imperial Hoth Trooper (65d back)
885 Luke Skywalker (45c back)
482 Boba Fett (45c back)
467 Lobot (45c back)
417 Death Star Droid (45c back)
301 21B (45c back)
143 Chewbacca (65d back)
132 Luke Bespin (45c back)
105 Luke Hoth (65d back)
86 Lando Skiff Guard (65c back)
81 Logray 65c back)
60 Squid Head (65c back)
47 Han Solo (45c back)
39 AT-AT Driver (65d back)
31 Gamorrean Guard (65c back)
30 Leia Boussh (65c back)
27 AT-AT Commander (45c back)
12 Yoda (45c back)
8 Cloud Car Pilot (45c back)

*Both palitoy & clipper or german & clipper offered on toytoni.com, so a 50/50 split assumed rather than assuming all are german
+Clipper not listed, but offered on toytoni.com, no german figure offered
^Palitoy variation not known to exist, assumed to be german which does exist

cheers Jason

surface3

Youngling
Hi

Although a long-term SW fan I am new to not only this forum but also to buying MOC's.

Just bought an AFA 90 65-D Hoth Trooper on ROTJ card and after reading more about vintage cards found out about Toy Toni and wonder if I have just bought one.

I read at the start of this thread that it was discovered in Dec 2013 that he was doing what he was doing. Does this mean he mounted the figures recently and if not when did he do it and also does it make his products worthless?

Glad to be on a SW forum at last as the more I read and get into proper collecting the more of a massive world that this is opens up.

Appreciate any response to this.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
surface3 said:
Hi

Although a long-term SW fan I am new to not only this forum but also to buying MOC's.

Just bought an AFA 90 65-D Hoth Trooper on ROTJ card and after reading more about vintage cards found out about Toy Toni and wonder if I have just bought one.

I read at the start of this thread that it was discovered in Dec 2013 that he was doing what he was doing. Does this mean he mounted the figures recently and if not when did he do it and also does it make his products worthless?

Glad to be on a SW forum at last as the more I read and get into proper collecting the more of a massive world that this is opens up.

Appreciate any response to this.

As you can see from the post above there were over 1000 of the Hoth Troopers so the chances are it is one. Did the seller say anything in the listing?

Value is personal. I dont think they are worth anything other than as individual components. I mean, you bought it as vintage, it's not even close. That AFA have graded it is just a joke. It's not authentic. To me, the value is badly impaired, but that's just me, and you might be happy with what is still a very nice looking item. As I say, it's personal.

He's been sealing them for years and years, the issue only came to light in December. You might get a refund if you wanted it, ebay are generally buyer friendly, especially if the seller said nothing in the listing about it being modern sealed. It seems some sellers will give refunds without too much argument so you could talk to them and see what they say.

surface3

Youngling
The seller didn't say anything about modern sealing but to be honest I don't think (like me) they would have been aware of the sitution judging by the fact that they didn't know if the case was UV or not when I asked.

I had a good look at it on Saturday and it took me straight back to my childhood. When I then found out about Toy Toni on Saturday night I looked at the figure again and it still gave me that nostalgic feeling. I guess then to me it still is worth what I paid for it. As you say it is personal. If I had an original 12 back Vader which I paid £1500 for and showed it to my wife she definitely wouldn't see the worth in it!

I don't think I will look for a refund as it is still a really nice piece of SW 'art' and the reason I got into MOC's was to keep them and apprciate what they are and what they represent rather than to re-sell to make money.

Who knows with the way SW collecting is maybe when my 3 yr old son is my age his Toy Toni AFA90 Hoth Trooper that I gave him may be all the rage (lets hope not of course).

wolverineriz

Jason,
Can you tell if this Boba Fett 45 Back C is one of the TT fakes? I purchased this on March 25 2013 from EBAY user pickleComputers.

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 3,251

the hesler

Padawan
Wow I'm lost for words built my entire collection around 45/65 back Rotj cards looking searching etc - you guys always give good advice here, whish I dropped in more often now. Has it deniably been proven have these become somewhat written off given the systems that may have been used to pass off as new cards?

Has anyone taken up offer of the fake Britain ?

I'm gutted at the moment and deeply saddened if such a operation took place. I focused I these for child hood memories used to have one bought every shop with parents and took up finding them again .

Best

The hoth

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
wolverineriz said:
Jason,
Can you tell if this Boba Fett 45 Back C is one of the TT fakes? I purchased this on March 25 2013 from EBAY user pickleComputers.

Thanks,
Dan

Yep, that's a Toni. Bad luck mate.

Jason

mclarnon

Hi everyone - new user here.

Seems i've also been caught out by a TT - popped this one on ebay and a very helpful user on this forum pointed out that it may be a TT recard.

But I was given it for free many years ago - so nothing lost I guess!

lando1.jpg

lando2.jpg

lando3.jpg

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Did we ever end up with a list of TT's bubbles? I remember single stem (some numbered), full rectangles that he used for the Fetts, double stems (used mainly for the GM's) and some odd one's like Power Droid fat bubbles. which is pretty much all of them :roll:

Did he have any of the large, fragile tri-logos?

Justin H

Padawan
I have 3 toy toni's that are graded, I'm down about £200 as I got them ages ago. Just going to display them now as they do look good and not worry if the kids touch them.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Check this video out:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJPPUAuB6IM

That Solo looks like a Toni, but it has the english text??

ironfist

Padawan
I have just checked my 45back GM Solo and it's exactly the same way... I think that cards with triangular shape hang tab have the English text 'Star Wars Action figures Collect all 45' on the back and the round ones go without text.

Mmmmm... And the sellotape holding the blaster? Are we sure that's a TT?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Had a look at that video, it's still pictures that are pixelated, so hard to know how you can make a judgement on whether it's a Toni or not. The one's for sale on toytoni.com
are without text, the one in the video is with english text. Also, the one in the video has the weapon taped to the bubble, all the german general mills cards that can still be
seen on wayback have loose weapons. So based on that, I would have to say it was genuine. I would need to see better unpixelated photos to make a better judgement though.

cheers Jason

ironfist

Padawan
mr_palitoy said:
The one's for sale on toytoni.com are without text, the one in the video is with english text.

I'm not sure if I got what you say, Jason, but mine was bought on toytoni.com and has English text. The sellotape makes me think that the solo of the video could be genuine.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
ironfist said:
mr_palitoy said:
The one's for sale on toytoni.com are without text, the one in the video is with english text.

I'm not sure if I got what you say, Jason, but mine was bought on toytoni.com and has English text. The sellotape makes me think that the solo of the video could be genuine.

Can we see some pics of yours? Front and back.

cheers Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
This is the list of affected cards:-

Clipper ESB

72* Rebel Commander
69* Bespin Security Guard White
69+ Hammerhead
56+ Walrusman
11+ Dengar

General Mills ESB

563 Han Hoth (without english text)
526 Stormtrooper (without english text)
500* Bossk (without english text)
357 C3PO Removable Limbs (without english text)
320 AT-AT Driver (with english text)
318 Bespin Security Guard Black (with english text)
276 IG88 (without english text)
268 21B (with english text)
194 Han Solo (with and without english text)
171 R2D2 Sensorscope (without english text)
166 Leia Bespin (with english text)
162 Han Bespin (without english text)
138 Ben Kenobi (without english text)
118 Power Droid (with english text)
90 Cloud Car Pilot (with english text)
85 Yoda (without english text)
73* Rebel Commander (with english text)
70 AT-AT Commander (with english text)
69* Bespin Security Guard White (without english text)
66* Chewbacca (with english text)
50 Leia Hoth (with english text)
36 Rebel Soldier (with english text)
26 FX-7 (with english text)
25 Princess Leia (without english text)
11 R5D4 (with english text)

General Mills ROTJ

30 Cloud Car Pilot
6^ Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot

Palitoy ESB

500* Bossk (45b back)
264 Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot (45b back)
66* Chewbacca (45b back)

Palitoy ROTJ

1234 C3PO Removable Limbs (65d back)
1126 Imperial Hoth Trooper (65d back)
885 Luke Skywalker (45c back)
482 Boba Fett (45c back)
467 Lobot (45c back)
417 Death Star Droid (45c back)
301 21B (45c back)
143 Chewbacca (65d back)
132 Luke Bespin (45c back)
105 Luke Hoth (65d back)
86 Lando Skiff Guard (65c back)
81 Logray 65c back)
60 Squid Head (65c back)
47 Han Solo (45c back)
39 AT-AT Driver (65d back)
31 Gamorrean Guard (65c back)
30 Leia Boussh (65c back)
27 AT-AT Commander (45c back)
12 Yoda (45c back)
8 Cloud Car Pilot (45c back)

*Both palitoy & clipper or german & clipper offered on toytoni.com, so a 50/50 split assumed rather than assuming all are german
+Clipper not listed, but offered on toytoni.com, no german figure offered
^Palitoy variation not known to exist, assumed to be german which does exist

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom