Open house - 27th Sept

TC-14

Sith Lord
Crikey... I've been away from the forum for a few months and I come back and it's all change!

Iain, best wishes to you and your family on adventures new across the Atlantic. Smashing opportunities abound, I wish you all the best.

A real shame I didn't get to meet you in person and see your extensive range of Star Wars goodness for real. I'm actually partaking in a vintage bike ride in Lincoln this Saturday... just checked on Google Maps that Norwich is just a couple of hours drive from there (perhaps a little bit longer for me in the old Morris), but I am toying with the idea of tootling over, but it would be late afternoon at the very earliest... what time is the majority meeting up (for that, read: descending on your home!)?

It would be great to catch up with you too, Chris. Just one other thing: if I can make it then I would be turning up in a tweed four-piece (including brogues and plus-two's), I hope this won't cause too much embarrassment to the attendees.

Martin

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
TC-14 said:
It would be great to catch up with you too, Chris. Just one other thing: if I can make it then I would be turning up in a tweed four-piece (including brogues and plus-two's), I hope this won't cause too much embarrassment to the attendees.

Martin, would be great to see you there. Need a catch up.

No embarrassment for me buddy, love the tweed.

itfciain

Grand Master
Martin - if you can make it then feel free and there is certainly no dress code in Norwich. I appreciate that a few of the guys will be coming long distance so not sure when they plan to leave but it would be good if you could come over and Lincoln isn't too far in the grand scheme of things

itfciain

Grand Master
Just seen the shipping truck off - somewhere in the region of 60 odd boxes of which half were full of Star Wars gear

Thing is that I have pretty much that again left :lol:

Reckon there are at least 5 complete Falcons and probably another 100 boxed items in varying degrees of condition - those coming tomorrow are going to have fun !!

Jez

Sith Lord
Blimey Ian! Actually, what am i saying blimey for, i've been in that garage :lol:
I'll be there on Tuesday! Please leave some for me :D

coomber75

Sith Lord
gutted cant be there wanted to raid all your spares ian :)) but have a great move and hope tomorrow goes well

Phil

SOJ

Sith Lord
I died and went to vintage Star Wars heaven today AKA Iains garage and spare room. I made the trip from London with my 3 year old Harrison and we had a blast.

We got there at 10 and were the first to arrive. Iain was at the post office (reckon they'll miss him A LOT) so his lovely wife Lilyana show us in and directed us to Iains Star Wars room. Wow.

Wall to wall vintage goodness. I picked out a Canadian imperial attack base, Chewbacca bandolier, 2 Esb Palitoy mini rigs, a Darth Vader carrying case, Dagobah Playset, a talking R2 and a Jabba the Hutt box.

Iain then arrived and pointed me towards to his legendary garage......holy ****. I could have spent a week in there going through it all. My son literally pissed himself (kids who'd have 'em) I have seriously never seen anything like it; box after box after box and I only scraped the surface.

I pulled out a couple of board games, an esb ATAT box and some star cases. My son helped himself to 10 beaters for which iain charged him the princely sum of £1.

I also picked up a beautiful white haired ben and a couple of weapons iain had put aside for me I needed, rounding out a superb shopping trip. I had to leave just after 12 to get back to London, good job otherwise I think it still be there.

jackabeena, fuzzy, Dark Sith Lord and Richard McClean also showed up and begun their own piles of bounty around Iain's house whilst Iain cooked up some BBQ.

I then agreed a price with Iain for my items, said some goodbyes and aheaded off.

Iain's a top geezer and I can't say enough about him. I've bought so much off him this year and I've never had a problem. Today was the cherry on the cake. Can't wait to see him start working his magic in the states. Wish he and his family all best and hope that the move goes well.

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Road trip to Norwich yesterday. What a blast. First time at Iain's and was blown away by his collection. It's like the vintage Star Wars dream we all have!

Iain's family's hospitality was second to none. Really nice day and lovely to see some familiar (and not so familiar) swfukers there.

Wish I hadn't downsized from a 4x4 as my car was packed full of vintage by the time I left.

Iain, I wish you all the very best in the states. I consider you a good friend and your one if the nicest guys I have ever met. The states is a better place for you in it. Good luck.

TC-14

Sith Lord
Thoroughly gutted to have missed out on this... I wasn't planning on our vintage bike yesterday turning into a 40-miler, hence leaving it much too late for me to head on over to Norwich. Would really like to see some photos from the day, though... just so I can visualise what I could have purchased :(

All the best to you and yours when you go Stateside, Iain!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Massive thanks to Iain for yesterday and to his Wife Liliana for having us!

I had a real blast met some real top blokes in Iain Jamie (FuzzyBuzzy, Dan Son of Jango, Neil Jackbina to name but a few.

And to see Iains stash first hand was just unreal he just had so much stuff! I was like a kid in a sweet shop. I didnt know where to look next! 8) 8)

I came with a awesome haul too including a Boxed Palitoy Tautaun, Boxed Dewback :D :D

Thank you once again mate

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom