Could we arrange some get togethers for the new film?

TC-14

Sith Lord
Got to agree, Jez- Prince Charles cinema is a great venue. I'd love to see it there. Get onto them, Grant :wink:

ROTJ30thAnniversaryPrinceCharlesCinema_zps9ebe98ee.jpg

SOJ

Sith Lord
If anyone is up for midnight screening in London- December 17th for inevitable midnight screening at the Waterloo IMAX. As soon as the holiday rota for 2015 goes up at work I'm booking it off.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I had a similar idea but I haven't spoken to the Cinema yet. There's a really cool old skool 1 screen Cinema down here in Reigate. They've got a bar, you can have a beer in there and they come round selling ice cream etc. I was thinking of asking if they wanted to do a Star Wars night/showing and try and get a load of fans together for it. If anyone's interested let me know and if there's enough people I'll go and see him and see what I can sort out. If not I'm well up for coming to a showing in London or the south with some of you guys.

Joe

Grand Master
Well it looks like there is enough interest to make this happen which is good, now we have a year and a bit to come up with a plan! :lol:

David Tree

Jedi Master
Joe said:
Just a thought! Unless someone has a friend who actually owns/runs a cinema we can all bundle in to for a viewing?? :mrgreen:

Although I don't think I could swing it for opening premiere night, but All The Cool Stuff has a Single Screen Licence for the Town Hall after applying when we did a charity screening of Raiders a few years back. Might be good for a giggle as would also be allowed to serve beers under the alcohol licence too ;)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Definitely get something organised for Manchester for the Northern faction, the more the merrier.

Easy, just organise a date, all meet up maybe in the afternoon, plenty of venues, then off to the Flicks.

8)

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
With the excitement shown for the date of the trailer release we might get enough people for a get together for that on Nov 28th...

I am sure Rich will show his SWFUK commitment and travel down from the chilly North for a communal premiere of an 88 second trailer :lol: :lol:

ODB

Jedi Master
David Tree said:
Joe said:
Just a thought! Unless someone has a friend who actually owns/runs a cinema we can all bundle in to for a viewing?? :mrgreen:

Although I don't think I could swing it for opening premiere night, but All The Cool Stuff has a Single Screen Licence for the Town Hall after applying when we did a charity screening of Raiders a few years back. Might be good for a giggle as would also be allowed to serve beers under the alcohol licence too ;)

Private screenings of the Ewok Caravan of Courage and Ewoks Battle for Endor it is then.

Jez

Sith Lord
David Tree said:
Joe said:

Sounds great Dave, I'd be in. Even if it were after the premier. Even if it's ****. I'll still be in.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
the Electric Cinema in Birmingham would be a great venue for all. Its right next to New Street station. Its next to a pub and a chinese. Its got big leather sofas, and you text your food and drink (yes, real booze) orders to the main bar (hand made confectionary items). You even have little tables and a waitress service. We should book the cinema out for a private screening.

https://www.theelectric.co.uk/

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Jez said:
David Tree said:
Joe said:

Sounds great Dave, I'd be in. Even if it were after the premier. Even if it's ****. I'll still be in.

Do it on the Saturday night at the FF following the release.

:)

Jason

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
naughtyjedi said:
the Electric Cinema in Birmingham would be a great venue for all. Its right next to New Street station. Its next to a pub and a chinese. Its got big leather sofas, and you text your food and drink (yes, real booze) orders to the main bar (hand made confectionary items). You even have little tables and a waitress service. We should book the cinema out for a private screening.

Sounds good Pete! 8) 8)

brownbear29

Padawan
Dark Sith Lord said:
naughtyjedi said:

Sounds good Pete! 8) 8)

Spot on Pete, I'm well up for a Midlands based screening.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom