eBay rogues

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Non SW Related but avoid this **** thepunisher123

Send him a message to ask wether he wll combine postage - "oh yeah no probs". For three lots of 20 coins he is charging £19 :shock: :shock: :shock:

I win the auctions for a very decent price. Its obvious the frankly redicolous postage has put bidders off. For the next 10 days I dont hear a peep despite my numerous messages. After I threaten him with negs he says he cant send me an invoice? He needs my email. I think ok whatever send him my email - nothing! Total tosser and a waste of time

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I bought a few items from this guy Ian http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/empire_of_collectables?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Unfortunately I first saw the warnings about him after I bought from him :(

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11508&p=155444&hilit=Ian+hamilton#p155444

One of the items I bought from him was a Max rebo band microphone, who the **** would mail such an item in a envelope ? They can easily break and I have seen a few of them break before. I also bought another item from him and if he have mailed them in a box it would only have costed him £1 more.

In the Feedback I wrote Great seller, but packing could be better and it was positive.

I got an angry mail back from him, here is a copy

So, there was nothing wrong with the items but you just thought you would leave negative comments because of something that may have happened? Any normal human being would just have noted it in a message or even requested beforehand that the items be sent in a box. Do not bother bidding on any of my items again.

I wrote back to him

I would like to ask for an apology from you regarding your last message or I will report you to eBay.

I only tried to be nice and other people should also be allowed to see the packing could be better, that was not negative only a comment that things could be better. You got a positive feedback with a comment that the packing could be better, there is nothing bad in that.

And it is not the buyers job to tell how a seller should pack his items a seller should always pack an item great.

So guys what would you have done ? Is it normal just to drop a microphone down in a envelope without any kind of protection around the microphone ? or is it just me who is to careful when I mail stuff to others ? :?

Sounds like I am not welcome to bid on his auctions again, not that I wanted to bid on his items after the warnings from you guys. But something inside me can't wait to see what will happen if I bid and win again :mrgreen:

I also can't wait to see what Ebay would do about it, because I don't think it is correct of him just to say I may not bid on his stuff just because I told others in his feedback that he did not pack the stuff correct :?

I also wonder if he do the same to others that write things about him that he does not like ?

chazb73

Sith Lord
Sorry to hear this Lars - he sounds like a bit of a prick

I would one the exact same - something like good item poorly packaged

You were spot on buddy

Pomse2001

Grand Master
chazb73 said:
Sorry to hear this Lars - he sounds like a bit of a prick

I would one the exact same - something like good item poorly packaged

You were spot on buddy

Thanks andy for the support :D

Justin H

Padawan
that guy would of said it was broken if you sent it to him that way, he tried to con me saying I forgot to post a blaster with a lovely stormie he bought off me, luckily the wife photographed me packing it and the jiffy bag. Sounds extreme but when I saw his name I knew he would pull a stunt. And with his wife and kids I suspect anyone with his surname now, no offence to any other Hamiltons but that name is tainted when it comes to star wars.

PGowdy

Grand Master
weasel said:
Very plausible, it's not like banks send you out a new cheque book as soon as they clear the 5th last (give or take) cheque in the previous book.

On that note, who actually pays for ebay stuff by cheque anyway?

I had someone pay me by cheque once. I out the cheque in my wallet and never got round to cashing it. By the time i could actually be bothered to go into a bank and queue and actually try and cash the thing the cashier told me it was out of date and could no longer be cashed. I asked her if all forms of money go out of date if not spent within the next few months. She said, no.

PGowdy

Grand Master
weasel said:
Obviously you sent him the item before even trying to lodge the cheque. You going soft? :lol:

It was such a small amount of money i just didn't really care. It wasn't really worth my while going to a bank and queueing up. By the time i could be bothered it had been about 9 months i think. :lol: That's laziness for you.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Another **** - tayljim_cmdk3xl

This guy is a serial offender

Charges extorinate postage £10 for a few coins
Shill bidding
I defeat his shill bid by a penny. He isnt happy with the sale price (£5.01)
He comes up with an excuse that "his wife who deals with the account is in hospital in a coma after a fall" yet in the meantime he has collected an item and listed another item :roll: Give me a break.

He says he collected the item before the fall and "was gonna close the account anyway" - Thats it there him admiting it! :lol: :lol: :roll:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
One to add: mato519 AKA John Mathieson. Sold me a MOC with undisclosed ink touch ups, I returned it, and then he cancelled the refund through Paypal after receiving the item back. Had to phone eBay to escalate it to get my refund. Useless communication too, no doubt stalling tactics (took a month from purchase date to get my refund.)

indianawars

Sith Lord
I had a guy that brought a few bits from me last weekend - In total his items came to £435.99. As you can imagine I was quite chuffed with that. So I sent him an invoice now including free P&P because of the prices they sold for. Three days later, nothing! No payment, no messages, nothing... So I sent a new invoice still offering him free P&P for the item, but yet again two more days later, nothing! So I send him a private message asking him to confirm if he still wanted the items, or did he want to cancel the order? I finally received a message from this guy claiming there was a sudden death in the family and he didn't have the time, and just to cancel the whole order (why is the reason always a death, fire, or car crash?) So I thought, okay I will just cancel the order and sent him a request to do that along with a message stating that he needed to confirm the cancellation so I don't get charged for the final value fee as I was due my eBay invoice soon. And guess what? I herd nothing back. So today I phoned eBay asking them to cancel the orders from their end - Simple right? Wrong! I was told that if the buyer dose not response to the cancellation, then I would have to wait ten days for the request to be closed. So I asked why have the final value fees have been added to my invoice even if the seller hasn't paid, and furthermore wanted me to cancel the order? Yet again the guy repeated the ten days policy before the case would be closed. I then asked how will the final value fees be reimbursed back to me for those orders? 'We will then credit it back to your account,' he tells me. 'Oh great, so the money your taking out of my bank account that can be spent universally in this Country is now being restricted to only being spend on eBay?' I then said. By this stage the guy could wait to get me off the phone! As you can imagine I'm a little pissed my this experience...
So the moral of this story is if alleventssecurity buys anything from you, don't expect to be paid, and look forward to the headache. My advice is to add him to your block list!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
indianawars said:
I had a guy that brought a few bits from me last weekend - In total his items came to £435.99. As you can imagine I was quite chuffed with that. So I sent him an invoice now including free P&P because of the prices they sold for. Three days later, nothing! No payment, no messages, nothing... So I sent a new invoice still offering him free P&P for the item, but yet again two more days later, nothing! So I send him a private message asking him to confirm if he still wanted the items, or did he want to cancel the order? I finally received a message from this guy claiming there was a sudden death in the family and he didn't have the time, and just to cancel the whole order (why is the reason always a death, fire, or car crash?) So I thought, okay I will just cancel the order and sent him a request to do that along with a message stating that he needed to confirm the cancellation so I don't get charged for the final value fee as I was due my eBay invoice soon. And guess what? I herd nothing back. So today I phoned eBay asking them to cancel the orders from their end - Simple right? Wrong! I was told that if the buyer dose not response to the cancellation, then I would have to wait ten days for the request to be closed. So I asked why have the final value fees have been added to my invoice even if the seller hasn't paid, and furthermore wanted me to cancel the order? Yet again the guy repeated the ten days policy before the case would be closed. I then asked how will the final value fees be reimbursed back to me for those orders? 'We will then credit it back to your account,' he tells me. 'Oh great, so the money your taking out of my bank account that can be spent universally in this Country is now being restricted to only being spend on eBay?' I then said. By this stage the guy could wait to get me off the phone! As you can imagine I'm a little pissed my this experience...
So the moral of this story is if alleventssecurity buys anything from you, don't expect to be paid, and look forward to the headache. My advice is to add him to your block list!

Whats his User ID?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom