alfies antiques in the 90s? was it TONI?

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Alfies antiques just off the edgware road in central london. It was one of the only places i knew growing up that sold vintage toys including a lot of vintage star wars, and i was always lead to believe this stool was toytoni's. As a few years ago i enquired at alfies and they told me the bloke had moved to brighton and opened at stool at snoopers.

Then tonigate thing happened which turned out to be a man at snoopers, but from what others have said toytoni does not match the desription of the man i visited in alfies?

i can still remember it as if it was yesterday going past on a sunday when it was closed, looking throught the window and seeing piles of boxed ships and playets and then on thw window ledge was about 60 loose mint figures and yak face being the only one in a display tube and thinking "urgh that aint star wars!" little did i know back then :)

anyway this bloke wasnt a bald short fat bloke with a beard unless he's aged badly perhaps?

so does anyone on hear remember visiting that stool at alfies? who was this collector? hopefully a few can shed some light on this.

Dantooine

Padawan
I have no idea if this guy was Toni or not, but it used to go to Alfie's and trade stuff with him. I remember one time I had a bunch of loose figures, two of which were Hoth Stormtroopers. When he saw then he said "Oh no, I've got more of them than Darth Vader!" I thought it was pretty funny...

He did have a custom figure of himself on a SW card.

Dantooine

Padawan
Yeah, that's the guy. He had a kind of 70's haircut, longish with a fringe. Seemed like a bit of a geezer. I didn't know he had stuff in Brighton, next time I'm down there I'll say hello.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Dantooine said:
Yeah, that's the guy. He had a kind of 70's haircut, longish with a fringe. Seemed like a bit of a geezer. I didn't know he had stuff in Brighton, next time I'm down there I'll say hello.

well apparantly that aint him, unless he's morphed into a small bald fat man with a beard?

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
a man of many disguises it seems lol! probably needs them all after what he's done?

tall, short, fat, slim, bald, long brown hair, big grey beard, leather jacket, brown cords....

SOJ

Sith Lord
Watch out, Toni's about
Watch out, Toni's about
You'd better watch out. cause Toni's abouuut

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom