UK customs - Info that might help!!

plantman

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
plantman said:
or even worse if you put "used plastic toys"
The one I just sent you was marked "Toy Vehicle" unsure what body part it will invade. :lol:

As long as you haven't tested it first it will be fine, might sniff it just in case lol :)

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
I have been using this code of late on items from the US (when sellers can be bothered to put it on). If sellers wont do the gift option - this is definitely the way to go.

An example being something I paid around £350 for cameback with Import VAT at £17.26 instead of £70 - so for those sellers who wont mark down get them to do this.

You will still get stuck with the clearance/handling fee of £8.50 (packets/envelopes) and £13.50 (parcels/boxes)

Nick

Jorgen

Youngling
I live in another eu-country so I asumed this would apply to me to so I looked the number up on the swedish customsoffice homepage and ended up with.......sealproducts!!!!

jimmyp

Padawan
Just been charged £50 customs fees for 3 figures that are worth no more than £150 :shock: :shock:

Jesus Christ :shock:

Im sick of these border control agents who are just so triger happy nowadays :twisted:

It never used to be like this as ive been importing stuff from the states for years. Just in the past 3 years thay have been grabbing anything. Even stuff ive had sent marked as a gift with a value of $20 dollars. £4 Tax, £8 handling fee :twisted: :twisted: Whats the point.

Anyways ive had enough, have seen this thread and am gonna contest this one. Can anyone provide me with the telephone number you need to contact and speak to somoeone or even a link to the website i need to use.

Thanks alot Dudes :wink:

yak_face

Padawan
hi paid £115 on a loose star wars adding up to £500.

iv paid vat in the past its real stinger. i called them up in the past but they just wont have it. think im gonna call them tomorrow.

any advice anyone can give?

lejackal

Grand Master
Has anyone bought stuff from Oz and had to pay VAT on it? the GOV website suggests you would have to but also if it is labeled as a gift and the correct value (as I would want it insured) then should only be 2.5%.

any advice from a 1st hand experience would be great.

thanks

Carl

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom