Recent happenings-apology

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Guys,

Just wanted to say this to the whole forum and not just the people involved. I am sorry for the way in which i have conducted myself on the forums as of late. I have been disrespectful towards many people and i realise that. The crap that i spewed last night was done in anger, and i regret it. I know Jason didnt mean the 'Cancer' comment in the way i implied, but i really do hate the word itself.

I also apologise publicly to Jason for the constant abuse and attitude towards him and what he says and does. I may disagree with some things, but i need to take a step back and think before reacting. I do appreciate the time everyone has put into the TT saga, and however funny it may sound- i do commend Jason for his work. Even if i cant agree on some things, we need to be civil about it.

Grant, sorry bud. Ill chat with you soon-but i also apologise to you.

Another apologie to Dave Tree for making out that FF was used as a meeting patch for Ace. I know Dave has done so much for vintage collecting in general and his shows are what this country always needed. Never meant any offence to Dave at all (always thought he is a diamond geezer anyway) and he is what this hobby is about.

Last but not least, sorry to all you guys who had to listen to my bullshit over the last year or two.Had a lot going on in life and some took its toll. However, ive a good friend who backs me up and helps me all the time (you know who you are ) so thanks bro. Also helps having a great family :)

Peace out to you all and i hope you have a merry xmas and new year.

Life is too short for this crap, so just enjoy it while you are here. This is made even more evident by the fact my brother in law is in hospital seriously ill with Cancer and thinking about that made me look at things differently. Toys are material and can be replaced-life isnt.

Best wishes

Lee

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Superb post.

Lets bury the hatchet and all get back to slagging each other off amicably.

On a more sombre note, best wishes to your brother in-law. That is one bastard disease. Fingers crossed he beats it.

poncho

Grand Master
Toys are material but we love them and come here to enjoy them and dicuss them and other banter none toy related. Family is important and when stuff happen it puts things and materialistic things into perspective.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Lee, it takes a big man and a lot of humility to post that. I'm sure grant and Jason s will appreciate the gesture no end. Things get said in the heat of the moment we all regret.

As a long time collector, I know you have a lot to contribute to the collecting world in general so it's great to have you around. Your knowledge on autographs alone astounds me.

As for Jason j, a charming man no doubt, but have a bit of faith in people being a good judge of character in their own right, if you know what I mean ;)

Hopefully we can all move on from this incident. The right things have now been said and we can all accept different people have different opinions.

If you want to talk about your brother in law, the forum isn't a bad place to do it. I know what you are going through, and I know many others here have had to deal with cancer. I lost my mother to lung cancer July 2013. It makes you realise life is way to short, and certainly for living.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
I am done posting on this forum now. Thanks for all the hook-ups and the chats I've had with some of you over the years.
The comments made recently and further discussions have wound me up no end. All I asked was to save all the continued speculation etc maybe it would be easier to try and have a chat with Toni to get this side of the story.
This seems to be misread by someone who has royally flown off the handle. This and the comment comparing someone to 'a Cancer' leaves me to feel this is not a community I want to be part of any longer.

If my original comment offended anyone sorry....

Cheers

Joe

Grand Master
While I am happy Lee has posted a public apology (And Grant too) I'm not very happy that some of the comments posted recently have made someone feel they no longer want to be a part of this forum and community.

If we can take anything from this going forward into the new year it's that if you are going to get personal during a disagreement, don't take it too ****ing far! Throwing the word cancer around to describe someone or taking every opportunity to throw someone under a bus just because you don't like them isn't what this forum is about.

We all have our disagreements, thankfully 90% of them are about toys and nothing more serious but if you don't get on with someone and it's strictly personal - then IGNORE THEM!

All the best for Christmas and the New Year.. :roll:

(PS: Totally in agreement with the 1 week (or permanent) suspension warning Weasel has given people - enough is enough)

_Lee_

Sith Lord
In all fairness i will say that Jasons cancer comment wasnt meant in the context that i or anyone else thought. This shouldnt be held against him and i bear no ill feeling of it.

Enough is enough.lets move on.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Damn shame though that a member feels he has to leave this forum.

I totally agree that beefs of a personal nature are kept private and not aired in public.

Again, saddened that a guy feels he has to move away from the forum, that's a real shame.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
PIGCITY said:
I am done posting on this forum now. Thanks for all the hook-ups and the chats I've had with some of you over the years.
The comments made recently and further discussions have wound me up no end. All I asked was to save all the continued speculation etc maybe it would be easier to try and have a chat with Toni to get this side of the story.
This seems to be misread by someone who has royally flown off the handle. This and the comment comparing someone to 'a Cancer' leaves me to feel this is not a community I want to be part of any longer.

If my original comment offended anyone sorry....

Cheers

dont go.. I need to see your sig animated GIF.. can you forward it to me so I can carry it in honour of your 'moving on'.. a sad day for people like me who like to look at suggestive imagery..

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah well said Lee, takes a reel man to admit his mistakes. :D

Now can we all do the can can dance around the Christmas tree. :lol:

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Someone losing his temper and taking it a bridge to far out of frustration can happen, it can happen at work, at a bar or in traffic. Does it mean you shouldn't go to work, that bar or drive a car anymore... Saying your leaving the forum for something like that is also overreacting imo.

It takes a big man to say your in the wrong and apologize for that, i say talk it out if still needed, where all adults here talking toys, this should be your "fun zone", i am sure if everybody could act grown up and move on after making it right, it still can be "fun zone" for everybody.

Just food for thought.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Stargeezer said:
Someone losing his temper and taking it a bridge to far out of frustration can happen, it can happen at work, at a bar or in traffic. Does it mean you shouldn't go to work, that bar or drive a car anymore... Saying your leaving the forum for something like that is also overreacting imo.

It takes a big man to say your in the wrong and apologize for that, i say talk it out if still needed, where all adults here talking toys, this should be your "fun zone", i am sure if everybody could act grown up and move on after making it right, it still can be "fun zone" for everybody.

Just food for thought.

I could so kiss you right now...full tongue of course. :p

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
Stargeezer said:

Just food for thought.

I could so kiss you right now...full tongue of course. :p

Promise... See this forum is a "fun zone". :lol:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Well, I've had a week off and came back to find a pleasant PM from Lee regarding the Fake Britain piece, so in the spirit of Xmas I am prepared to draw a line under what has happened previously.

The cancer comment was not aimed at Lee personally, my mums had cancer too, so know how that feels. It was just a word to describe how I felt at the time.

So, merry Xmas Lee (and everyone else), let's make this a great forum going forwards.

Cheers Jason

Joe

Grand Master
tumblr_static_decorated-christmas-tree.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom