Thinking about opening something

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
A figure breaking out of a bubble on it's own is a totally different thing then a person ripping one off a card.

My ****ing head hurts.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
No it isn't everyone knows afa graded figures are way more likely to pop in shipping because the bubble isn't protected.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
By the way, my post didnt mean i agreed with it being opened i just said do what the heck you want :) Like Joe, i opened maybe 3 moc figires to get my loose collection complete back in 2002. Seeing as though they were POTF Romba and Warok cards that i bought for less then loose examples (figure that out :) ) and a Trilogo Amanaman i did actually take 3 carded figures out of the game. However this was done in a time where it was relatively common place to get the best for your collection. Would i do it now? No way. Im not even overly fussed on C9-C10 figures anymore. My loose collection i have now was completed by buying and trading various stuff for loose figure lots, and thanks to a good friend who helped me along i managed to complete it.

Do i agree with opening carded figures-no, but then again ill never know if you did or didnt open yours either.

Lee

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
jambobbyb said:
No it isn't everyone knows afa graded figures are way more likely to pop in shipping because the bubble isn't protected.

Maybe so..but how does that compare to someone intentionally opening a carded?

**** I give up..open it.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
I think it's worse Todd, people grade items for one reason to increase its value or prove it to be real. Most people on here know more about moc than AfA I am suggesting opening a low end moc because I love collecting star wars and I want to relive a bit of my childhood. Other people have trashed expensive and rare Mocs for profit.

PGowdy

Grand Master
jambobbyb said:
Not sure what your on about again Peter I'm talking about the afa graded Mocs which have broken out of bubbles I think the last one was a miscardeded Squid head beautiful rare moc totally trashed there a 20 back hammer head and a 21 greedo as well as a 21 back Fett these people graded items which are now ruined mainly because the graded item is worth more than the ungraded one....

Oh, ok. That's another bizarre argument. I wasn't aware people were doing that intentionally. They seemed like accidents to me. The same risk is involved when items are shipped via sales. And i think all collectors would agree that that's a shame when that happens. Not "ok", that's you twisting the truth to fit your argument again.
I think it's the refuge of a guilty conscience to start looking for the wrong in what everyone else is doing to justify something you are doing or want to do. What others do or do not do shouldn't matter. And it clearly doesn't matter to you how the community you are supposedly a part of feels about what you want to do (you've made that abundantly clear), all that matters is how you feel about what you want to do.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
:? Surely the people sending something to AFA or UKG were trying to protect the MOC they had for future enjoyment. I doubt, as I'm sure you agree, their intention was to have the card damaged. If it happened by accident in transit that's a shame.....Grading a moc that gets damaged en route is totally different to U-Grading a beater or opening a moc for personal reasons...No?

Is this thread a piss take.... :|

edit: Seem to have posted at the same time pete...Similar points of view, was literally thinking, it's the same as shipping a sale?.. :D

PGowdy

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
:? Surely the people sending something to AFA or UKG were trying to protect the MOC they had for future enjoyment. I doubt, as I'm sure you agree, their intention was to have the card damaged. If it happened by accident in transit that's a shame.....Grading a moc that gets damaged en route is totally different to U-Grading a beater or opening a moc for personal reasons...No?

Is this thread a piss take.... :|

No they're doing it to try to make the bubble fall off. And we all support that.

Also, soldiers.

Joe

Grand Master
wat-duck.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
No need to open anything - keep your lose collection in a detolf cabinet, and every time you open the glass door you get the amazing smell of off-gassing vintage toys. It really is a nostalgic smell and one that never goes, as log as you shut the door again :)

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Sending Moc to AFA is "protecting it" what a total load of crap AFA cases are utter shite, it's why so many graded Mocs turn up with figures broken out of the bubble because the rail system doesn't protect the bubble. Grading is done to increase the value of items no extra protection is added I would say they are less protected once they are cased.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Peter I have no guilty conscience I am going to open a couple of beater Mocs. I have been quite open about it...

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
The reason we ripped those figures off the cards is to get to the figure so we could play with it, not hold the MOC lovingly and hope it would last till way past the year 2000 (which when I was a kid, it was a loooong way off and I could only imagine jetpacks and floating cars would be my toys then). The smell of the fresh figure being torn asunder wasn't 'the experience' it was a little tiny part of the overall situation, but it was the new figure ready to be placed into ships, playsets - that was the real thing that I get nostalgic for. They'll be no 'nostalgia' if you open up a vintage MOC, just the sense that you are too old and far too busy to play with your toys as you did when you were a youth. It may even make you view your entire collection differently.. then your eyes will fill with weevils, your flesh will decay and a million hungry insects will devour your body before defecating your soul into a sewer for eternity. :|

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
naughtyjedi said:
.. then your eyes with fill with weevils, your flesh will decay and a million hungry insects will devour your body before defecting your soul into a sewer for eternity. :|

I have that tattooed on my arm.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
I disagree I got a 1983 issue 1 of Judge Dredd a while back I remember reading it back in 1983 when it originally came out with the U2 album war, on I recreated it a few months back read it from cover to cover with War on truly awesome experience.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
jambobbyb said:
I disagree I got a 1983 issue 1 of Judge Dredd a while back I remember reading it back in 1983 when it originally came out with the U2 album war, on I recreated it a few months back read it from cover to cover with War on truly awesome experience.

I cannot see any mention of 'star wars' or 'action figure' in your spiel.. thus the post doesn't count and the weevils are lining up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom