Die cast

mash

Sith Lord

inzaman

Sith Lord
I too would be interested to know, i recently purchased a vintage Die-cast Darth Vader Tie Fighter still factory sealed and in quite decent packaging. This cost me about Ã'£36 all in from the US and i really like it. The back of the card has pictures of the Kenner figures (21 if i can remember) and other Die-cast models. I dont know if this was expensive, cheap?

In comparison to some loose afa items i have acquired lately i suppose it is cheap in comparison.

I will post a picture of it tomorrow, i am now going to try and hunt down a factory sealed normal Tie Fighter, X-Wing and Snow Speeder but would love an idea of what to pay.

inzaman

Sith Lord
Also to add to the above, the vehicle sounds quite interesting the wing pops off as though you have battle damage and an escape podule thing pops out as well. I thought those features were pretty neat and it was tempting to open just to fiddle with those, but i wont. :)

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
theres 11 all together
land speeder
x-wing
slave 1
snowspeeder
imperial cruiser +mini blockade runner
falcon
y-wing
cloud car
imperial tie fighter+ pilot
darth vaders tie fighter +pilot
tie bomber
most are valued between Ã'£15 and Ã'£40 loose in mint condition ,but the bomber goes for Ã'£140 dont know why got this info from a book

Bollux

Grand Master
I have a cloud car loose, not brilliant condition, but you are welcome to it if someone on here wants it.

Trade perhaps?

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I noticed his auctions last night and was going to bid on a few, he doesn't seem to take paypal though

A lot of sellers in the us dont except paypall. I think some areas in the middle of hicksville , knowhere just cannot use paypall due to paypalls coverage.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I had them all except for the Y-Wing (too big and rubbish looking) and Tie Bomber (too expensive). I have kept the Falcon and both Tie Fighters as they look good on display but sold the others.

Prices can vary depending on condition as they are prone to stone chips and discolouration. The Tie Bomber could cost over Ã'£100 and is hard to find but the others will be around Ã'£5 - Ã'£20.

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
I never had the Die cast as a kid but they do look great carded!!
Would be tempted by that guys auctions, but not sure if the weight of them will pull the bubbles off in transit?? :?

spoons

Grand Master
Tie bomber goes for around Ã'£50-Ã'£100 loose

Ã'£36 for a carded DV tie is good. I've seen loose ones go for Ã'£25

Here's a pic of all the ships apart from the tie bomber

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2223517160088863282ivymNg

and a carded tie

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2310281160088863282eclcvw

spoons

Grand Master
inzaman said:
Spoons, how long have you had your carded Tie and how much did you pay for it?

Inzaman, I bought it in August from an American seller. Its in pretty good condition apart from a very small tear to the left side of the card (top corner), and cost Ã'£30 including P&P. :D

the back is the 12 back version, at the moment its my favourite item in my collection.

captaincaveman

Padawan
Im selling all my loose diecast, all complete. i haven't got the tie bomber

2236955400098291683GvFOeO_fs.jpg

All pretty good condition(your gonna get chips on die cast)

Pm if your interested :D

inzaman

Sith Lord
Hi Spoons thanks Ã'£30 is an excellent price, it was actually your picture of the Tie fighter that got me into liking the die-cast vehicles. I really like the tie fighter and the card its on, i am trying to hunt one down at the moment :)

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
the tie bomber is a bitch to pick up, they are very rare and only come up on ebay prob once every 6 months, if that. and if your looking for a moc one, ull be lucky to find one.

the last one i saw my mate feelgoodytoday was selling, last year i think. it was afa graded to prove it was the real deal and i think it sold for over Ã'£200. its one of those holy grail pieces!!!!!!

spoons

Grand Master
Nice die cast set captain, they all look pretty mint :shock:

I'd disagree with Jedi masters I watch the die cast market quite closely and I see loose TIE bombers go every month or so, mostly in America though.

The following prices are a bit broad but I find the diecast market more random than any other SW category :? . I'd say they are worth:

Y-Wing Ã'£15-Ã'£25 ( i'll give you Ã'£15 for it :wink: )

DV TIE Ã'£15 -Ã'£25 (the price for these always seems a bit random - i sold a broken one for Ã'£10 :shock: )

Slave 1 Ã'£3 - Ã'£7

TIE fighter Ã'£3-Ã'£20 (they are crazily random so I'd set a reserve on that one)

Land Speeder Ã'£8 - Ã'£15

X-Wing - not really sure but probably Ã'£15

Cloud Car Ã'£3-Ã'£7

Snowspeeder Ã'£5-Ã'£10 (maybe a bit more)

Falcon Ã'£10-Ã'£20

Star Destroyer Ã'£15-Ã'£20

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom