Unbelievable price for a Tri-logo DSD!!!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Gowdy, not getting personal but you seem to put your mouth about a bit too much and rub people up the wrong way. Firstly you had a pop at Lucy from MOT and now you are calling Robbie an 'effing Arsehole' :shock: Do you really always have to stoop so low with everything you say ? Why dont you man up and give Robbie a call, or even meet in personas i know he is in London often as he supports Arsenal and goes to see them sometimes. l Im sure you can say this to someone directly instead of hitting some keys??

Im not interested in falling out with anyone here again, and i am in no way trying to turn this thread into an inflamed mess but Robbie is my friend and a good one at that. I know ill get the ' hes defending him again' jibes, but he has done what he saud he would do. I can prove it by showing two C7 carded figures he gave to my little boy at Christmas-an ESB Dengar and a Trilogo Anakin. Perfect U grade bait if there was any, but he gave them to my kid for xmas, and they are now in acrylic cases in his collection.

Anyways, lets not start the insults again as it isnt showing this forum in a good light. If you have something to say to someone, say it directly to them ane not behind their back.

PGowdy

Grand Master
_Lee_ said:
Gowdy, not getting personal but you seem to put your mouth about a bit too much and rub people up the wrong way.
Firstly you had a pop at Lucy from MOT and now you are calling Robbie an 'effing Arsehole' :shock: Do you really always have to stoop so low with everything you say ? Why dont you man up and give Robbie a call, or even meet in person as i know he is in London often as he supports Arsenal and goes to see them quite a bit ? Im sure you can say this to someone directly instead of hitting some keys??

[/quote]

Lee, if you'd actually read the Lucy thread you'd know that i said nothing whatsoever about her and yet she called me out and accused me of several things i'd never done. My posts weren't even regarding her or her business. Please read the thread properly before commenting.
My reply to her was the same as anyone's would have been after being unfairly accused of something i hadn't done. No?
The things i said on this thread aren't really different to what 99.9% of people in the hobby think of people that destroy these vintage toys for their own gain. You've made it clear what camp you stand in but don't expect everyone else to join you.
Also, given you're completely off base about the millionsoftoys thread, you're only actually referring to the comment i made in this thread so
_Lee_ said:
Gowdy, not getting personal but you seem to put your mouth about a bit too much and rub people up the wrong way.
Seems more than a bit unfair.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Nah mate, im firmly in the anti AFA grade camp for anything unless its something like my opened Palitoy Yoda puppet i had Q graded to preserve and case it. Just look on my hundreds of posts over the years on various forums about Grading etc and you will see im not a fan, so dont try to insinuate where my feelings lie.

Im defending a friend, and letting people know he stuck to his word-if that says im all for grading then thats sad. Although i maybe dont agree with some things, it doest mean i cant call him a friend.

PGowdy

Grand Master
_Lee_ said:
Nah mate, im firmly in the anti AFA grade camp for anything unless its something like my opened Palitoy Yoda puppet i had Q graded to preserve and case it. Just look on my hundreds of posts over the years on various forums about Grading etc and you will see im not a fan, so dont try to insinuate where my feelings lie.

Im defending a friend, and letting people know he stuck to his word-if that says im all for grading then thats sad. Although i maybe dont agree with some things, it doest mean i cant call him a friend.

Fair enough, i just couldn't fathom why anyone on here would stick up for someone doing that kind of thing. I'm sure you can understand most of the forum taking a pretty strong dislike to anyone who does that kind of thing. Aggression is, understandably, the first point of call. Sometimes it's a necessary defence. I'm afraid when you do that kind of thing you kind of have it coming.

Joe

Grand Master
IMO if you are a prominent U grade dealer/submitter whose name has been brought up in a negative way many times over the years (on various different forums) then you don't you don't just "stop" U grading behind the scenes, telling only a few close friends..

Lee, I know you trust Robbie and consider him a friend but can you honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that since ____ date, he's not U graded one single item? 100%?

You are a good guy Lee and I agree with a lot of your posts and opinions but for some reason I can't see how someone would just go all cold turkey like you believe he has and NOT make it public knowledge (I mean it would have done wonders for his rep and got a few people off his back at the same time).

If he has stopped then that's obviously a good thing and someone less to worry about in all of this but I'll still always wish he had stopped sooner.

When I asked him about U grades a couple of years ago he didn't deny the fact that if the opportunity arose (like it did with the Trilogo DSD) then he wouldn't hesitate to send a card with "issues" in for a high U grade - so what's changed?

Do you not think he's just stopped because the demand isn't there these days? That's probably closer to the truth than a sudden change of heart surely? And if it's true that he has stopped U grading just because nobody was buying them then I don't think he should be applauded really, do you?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
My last word on this. I've known Robbie a long while now, and even if he is U grading he isn't doing much. I picked him up wrong when he said he had categorically stopped and I have talked to him and he says he didn't say that. I just want to clarify that, but I know it isn't much these days at all. That's Robbie's prerogative, and I nor anyone else can say anything, there is no law against it. I will tell you that I'm not going to lose a good friend over something like this, and it also concens me why Robbie is slaughtered when others do the same thing-and there are collectors on all forums who have done it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom