my prop work from over the years

grinchy

Sith Lord
Heres a few more pics, first up a few pics where you can see the clay sculpture, as its friday the 13th today i chose Jason voorhees, heres the first pic, very rough here just throwing the clay on here
IMG_0005-2.jpg

then after a few hours work it gets closer to the look i'm after

IMG_0006-2.jpg

IMG_0006-3.jpg

the final sculpt has a two part mould made, i then pour in liquid latex and once thats sets i add a foam similar to the stuff you use on window frames but soft and flexible, once that is set i pull the mould apart and paint the rubber head

007.jpg

heres a few random busts i've done for other collectors,
v bust
DSCF0292.jpg

Alien, i repaired and repainted this, around ten foot tall
DSCF0150-1-1.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
cheers mate, thanks guys i know its not all star wars related, but i do plan on doing more pieces as soon as my new shed is finished

av6

Jedi Knight
Outstanding work. Especially E.T. You absolutely NAILED E.T.

Star Wars or not. They're worth showing to the world I say.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Heres a piuece i'm doing for a friend, he sent me an unpainted latex head of a zombie from the movie return of the living dead, heres the original zombie its based on
WP_20150506_18_53_15_Pro_zpsbl9t8qgl.jpg

and my painted version, still got to add the hair to it but the paintjobs done
DSCF5218_zpsv8hpa32f.jpg

the sculpture was well done i thought, but the teeth were quite different to the original and the eys were sculpted wonky, i've done the best i can with it, now onto the hair

Now i've looked at it again i think its a tad to green, so i'll add some flesh tones to it tomorrow, tone it down a bit

grinchy

Sith Lord
Cheers, my wife feels the same lol, i don't have much from my business days it was all sold on, but i kept the old man from UP.
I use acrylic eyes in my heads which are very lifelike, and i backpaint them to make the colours stand out,the ET eyes were the most difficult due to the size, but i got it done in the end

grinchy

Sith Lord
Cheers, wish i still had the moulds for 3p0, lots of people have asked for one, i sold them a couple of years ago
Well i finished the zombie, i hand laid the hair which is a bugger of a job but its done now, not exacly salon fresh, :D i added dried blood and fake dirt to the hair to
DSCF5231_zpsr2unbtxj.jpg

DSCF5229_zpsecevfb3n.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom