Secret Cinema - Empire Strikes Back

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Got to the next stage with the Rebel X website, I filled in my details and have been told I am Anakii Rex, a mercenary who must work to gain the trust of the rebels.

I know someone who got bounty hunter (which I was hoping for so I can hang out with Bossk) but mercenary will do. Now I need to get my scruffy looking nerf herder outfit ready!

What did everyone else get?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I got mine, I'm Gav Rieekan. I'm a member of The Creative Council. I effectively have to dress in Jedi Robes... all getting a bit exciting!
8)

SOJ

Sith Lord
What's this all about? I've been on the rebel x website and couldn't figure it out. I've deleted the email now. What the hell is going on :?

SOJ

Sith Lord
I'm Kyle Volsh and a rebel pilot. Can't wait till Thursday, I'll report back what it's like.

Jedi Master 1

Padawan
My wife & I are watching The Empire Strikes Back at a secret cinema on the 12th of June! We are both really excited as we've never been to any secret cinema before. The tickets were crazy expensive at £158 for 2! Can anyone explain what a secret cinema is? :?:

pixiefacedkillah

I'm going with a mate on 4th July - got assigned Cort Biseegger (a member of the Creative Council).

Anyone been yet to give us a heads up on what it's like?

Drkilmoff

Does anyone have any ID's they can send me. I'm going with a group of 10 people and we all have Weilan Skywalker - Galactic Explorer. Thought it would be good if we could get a good mix of different characters IDs to go as.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Never needed to use mine in any interactions. If you still want a different one try different sign up details and try a bit later on.

Jason

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I went last night and I have to agree with all the comments on here, it was simply awesome! 8)
I think even if you only had a passing interest in the films (wives and girlfriends take note), the whole experience is fantastic.
The key to it IMO is just to be open minded enough to take part and then you'll really enjoy it. I'd recommend dressing up, (if not for you, for all the others that want to feel more immersed when you're in their line of vision (I'd say c90% were last night)) but it wasn't essential. There were also a few that refused to talk to the actors etc. and looked miserable... No idea why they were there...
All the spaces and experiences were top drawer work; if you can still get a ticket, don't hesitate! :D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I went last night and really enjoyed it. They did a pretty good job of recreating some of the areas, and the venue is really cool. A few minor issues:

1) It took far too long to get served at the bar, it's stupid to only serve cocktails as each one takes about 5 minutes to make!
2) Although I appreciate people like the acting I wish they hadn't done it during the film, it's really distracting. I wanted to enjoy the film, not watch a low-budget re-enactment.
3) As somebody else said it's not very clear what you're supposed to do. Luckily we walked in to the film before it started but many people missed the beginning. And after the film nobody knew what to do either
4) Perhaps I was 'unlucky' but I didn't wear a costume based on people here saying it was a 50/50 split, but it was more like 99/1 last night, I definitely looked out of place in normal clothes.

But overall I highly recommend it!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Would really love to go to this! Pretty impressive that it's grossed enough to make it into the top 10 uk films for the last couple of weeks!

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
I'm looking to book up, but will be coming down on my Todd! Any SWFUKers going along and fancy hooking up?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom