THE FORCE AWAKENS - Theatrical Poster - IT'S HERE!!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
star-wars-force-awakens-official-poster-691x1024.jpg

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Nice poster. Bit disappointed it's not a Drew Struzan, though.
Looks like a Photoshop job to me.

Hope the Starkiller base isn't just a Death Star rehash.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I am loving the Starkiller Base, a planet not a space station? Therefore, I am guessing that the X-Wings flying over the lake in the trailer is the equivalent of the Death Star trench run??

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
It is a Drew Struzan.
Not saying you're wrong Bonsai, but it doesnt seem to have his 'textured' style.
Can't see his usual signature either.
The lens flare looks a bit photoshoppy as well.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I actually just edited my post because I wasn't 100% sure!

This site here is attributing it to Drew Struzan: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-Finally-Reveals-Its-Epic-Beautiful-Poster-88917.html

I agree though it does look cleaner and more photo-real than most of his work... would like to be completely sure.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Love the poster but no Luke? I am just as excited about seeing this as anyone else (seriously I made girly noises when I saw it) but can I just check are we now posting all Episode 7 stuff here in the Vintage collecting chat - "vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from 1977-1985 era".

I remember this was brought up by someone else and I honestly can't remember if Ed was fine with posts about the new film being in here ?

If we all just post in this section it'll end up like facebook!

I'm old and like structure - damn you young kids with your modern ways :D

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
My god it's awful. Truly dreadful.

With all the talent out there, this is what they come up with? It's just crammed in, badly composed and like a trillion other film posters out there. Just looks photoshop'd. The art of the film poster is truly dead. There is no flair, imagination or passion here. It looks like it's been designed by committee, 'lets have this - lets have that - we need to see this' and in the end you're left with nothing of the artists vision.

This will not be adorning any of my walls.

However, that does not mean the film will be shite ;)

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Tiny snippet of new footage here, bit shaky cam but about 3 secs of new material..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oq1nEzAZIQ

itfciain

Grand Master
The film poster could be a lot better I guess from an artistic point of view - but for shear presentation of the characters and the film then I am sold. The two clips above all give me tingles - the music is spot on, the action scenes look just like the are supposed to - this film is going to be a-bloody-mazing - I am sure of that now

x-pack

Grand Master
SublevelStudios said:
My god it's awful. Truly dreadful.

With all the talent out there, this is what they come up with? It's just crammed in, badly composed and like a trillion other film posters out there. Just looks photoshop'd. The art of the film poster is truly dead. There is no flair, imagination or passion here. It looks like it's been designed by committee, 'lets have this - lets have that - we need to see this' and in the end you're left with nothing of the artists vision.

This will not be adorning any of my walls.

However, that does not mean the film will be shite ;)

My thought almost exactly. It just looks cobbled together. You know what it reminds me of - the prequel posters, although I did like Ep 1 with Darth Maul glaring out. The colours are just too full on with this and too much information is crammed in. Compare to the OT and this is dog turd. Empire is like a beautiful work of art but Jedi is my favourite of the lot.

Richard_H

Grand Master
a better version of the poster is here on sw.com

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-theatrical-poster-first-look-in-theater-exclusives-and-more

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
You know what it reminds me of - the prequel posters

That's it! I knew there was something 'off' about it and yes, very prequel.

I would have liked to have seen something new...perhaps Olly Moss should have had a crack at it, or Jason Edmiston, Jay Shaw or Tyler Stout.

There's sooooooo many artists who could have done a spectacular job. This is just very dull, despite all the elements and colours.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom