THE FORCE AWAKENS - Theatrical Poster - IT'S HERE!!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Also seems really strange not seeing Lucas on it :(

Excuse me whilst i contact Ian C for a bitchfest :lol: :lol: :lol:

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
i LOVE this poster

the kylo ren weapon running alongside Rey's staff is interesting. the three main characters appear to be linked by jedi light and it houses / influences the droids, chewie, han, poe etc. this is underlined by the the war and destruction underneath and shadowed by the ominous looking death planet top right. the organisation has shape and symmetry and is pleasing on those like me who love that sort of thing.

Rey is the most prominent -in the light- character but Han is front and centre.
(cheeky lens flare gag will keep those people happy/enraged)

Things I love..

the planet death star thing
leia's aparent crazy hair
The XWings bursting out of an explosion (what have they destroyed)
mark hamill is listed only in name, as are Gleeson, Njongo, Serkis, Sydow etc.
Who is the little gimpy thing with the glasses

erm.. kylo ren is played by Adam driver.. so, he's not Luke. Bit bizarre why some are speculating that.

so if Luke isnt on here, then something is being kept secret.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
No secret, he's just not going to be a major character in it, like the rest of the old cast. This is going to be a new film with new characters and only token cameos from the original cast, not Return of the Jedi Part II.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
you do know the film opens with a rampant love scene between Han and Leia with Chewie watching from the wardrobe sniggering :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
naughtyjedi said:
you do know the film opens with a rampant love scene between Han and Leia with Chewie watching from the wardrobe sniggering :lol:

Here's hoping :)

_Lee_

Sith Lord
naughtyjedi said:

Ha, the voyeur strikes back-Chewie choking the chicken / having a tug over some OAP's :lol:

I certainly hope we dont see leias knockers pop out on screen. Surely she would need scaffolding to stop them reaching her knees :D

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
_Lee_ said:
naughtyjedi said:

Ha, the voyeur strikes back-Chewie choking the chicken / having a tug over some OAP's :lol:

I certainly hope we dont see leias knockers pop out on screen. Surely she would need scaffolding to stop them reaching her knees :D

You guys are incorrigible.....

Pomse2001

Grand Master
What is that in the background on the poster ? is it a planet with something strange on it or is it a new super weapon, maybe a death star ?

Ian_C

Jedi Master
_Lee_ said:
Excuse me whilst i contact Ian C for a bitchfest :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha, I'm here Lee. Trying very hard not to rain on the parade of people here. We're in the minority here, and I don't want to step on too many toes. ;)

But......

_Lee_ said:

That's why they waited until 2015 to release this. CGI is advanced enough now that those can be fixed. :mrgreen:

If that really is another Death Star, then this officially moves away from sequel and becomes remake (or "re-imagining"). Together with Star Destroyers, TIE Fighters, Falcon, Stormtroopers, Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, 3PO, R2-D2, X-Wings, a Sith wearing all black and a mask, desert scene (*which we swear isn't Tatooine, honest, really*), speeder bikes, etc., I wonder if there's even room for an original idea in this? And that's not even the little things that I'm sure we'll see. No doubt we'll have Jawas and various other known aliens in there too.

This poster reminds me of the Special Edition posters. No subtlety, just cram in as many characters and ships as possible. Oh, and lightsabers.

And.....I see PT levels of being let down are rearing their heads. For every thumbs up comment I see here, I see "not for me", "too photoshopped", "too busy", etc. The PT suffered drastically from people not being able to lower their expectations. People were so excited, it could have won 25 Academy Awards, made a gazillion dollars, and been named the greatest cinematic achievement in history - and people would have still been let down. The PT is not horrible - but many feel that way because it couldn't meet what they expected it to be. The same thing is going to happen to this. I not only predict, but guarantee, that within 2-3 months after it's released and the excited fanboying is over, the criticisms will start to surpass the accolades. Hell, it's already started, with the freaking POSTER!

Ian

_Lee_

Sith Lord
darth_daddius said:
_Lee_ said:
naughtyjedi said:

You guys are incorrigible.....

I know, im beyond help :D

Dantooine

Padawan
Not a fan of the poster. Photoshopped to buggery. Where's the style? And once again, everything is blue and orange!!!

Managed to get two tickets fairly easily, Odeon Leicester square, midnight showing... The atmosphere will be amazing. :D

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Five more 'character' posters just released... here: http://thefilmstage.com/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-cast-assembles-in-full-set-of-character-posters/

daisy_ridley-620x799.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom