Worst Star Wars Figure/Playset in your opinion

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
So close between Anakin and Madine. Boring, old, grey men. Give it 20 years and half of us will resemble them. The chrome domes amongst us are blessed insofar as we'll never be grey :D

As for playsets I haven't owned enough to really make a call on that. Jabbas Dungeon does look dull. And although the ESB playsets look incredible and scream vintage, they do look at little limited in playability.

Star Destroyer was, and is, crap. Have had a couple of those and they're fairly pointless.

Overall vote goes to Jabba's Dungeon.

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Walrusman for me also, just the choice of colours - blue, green, Orange - yikes! And it's a poor sculpt. And another vote for Rebel Command Centre, lame background picture and the re-use of the Land of the Jawas base again.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
The black Bespin Guard is pretty lame, prob my least favourite. I never really had playsets but I don't like the look of all the cardboardy ones, Death Star, Bespin etc. They just look naff and flimsy compared with the ships.

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Anakin and the Imp Dignitary are my least favourites from a playability perspective, but I think they are really nicely sculpted figures that look great in dioramas.

I was never an Ackbar fan and he was always the last figure for me to collect carded and loose. He just didn't do it for me.

I thought the Droid factory was awesome - great playability and bits and bobs to piece together to make your own droids. Cloud City was weird. Fragile and it didn't even have somewhere for the Falcon to land! How hard would that have been to include - just a flat piece of card folded over to fit into the box, but it would have been great to have a spot for the Falcon to land.

But the one I still struggle over is the Rebel Command Centre. How is it a Command centre? Just don't like it.....

My all time favourite - Imperial Shuttle. It was the bomb.

Pat

sith-smith

Grand Master
For me Anakin always wins the worst figure award but that's always on a playability status rather than the look of the figure.

Madine at least spoke in the film, had an accessory and could be used in play as a Rebel leader.

Even the imp dig made a good background figure. Great if you were doing the emperor's arrival!

But Anakin....

kieatky

Jedi Master
Anakin did have one major use for me, he could be used to make a custom 'ghost of Obi Wan', you know what I'm talking about, Ben's head on Anakin's body. We all did this as children.... or was that only me :oops:

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
For me it is the droid factory. I was bought it for Christmas and my brother received the Cantine playset, I was so jealous. I remember thinking how the droid factory was not in the films and it was just cheap and nasty.

x-pack

Grand Master
SublevelStudios said:
We had this conversation last weekend at the Midland meeting, Madine had quite a few votes.

As for playsets, I can't think of a single one that I dislike.

Did I say Death Star Commander? My reasoning for this is that he was in the first 12 and they could have picked so many other characters. There are more useless figures than the DSC like Anakin or the Imp Dig, but I reckon DSC is a boring toy for the initial run. Also I think the hat is daft.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Barada for me, too close to POTF2 figure, he's spent too much time in the gym...

Rebel Command centre as the worst playlet with Darth's star destroyer coming in a very close second.

Dantooine

Padawan
Got to be Prune Face for me. It was one of those times as a kid where I had saved up my pocket money, it was burning a hole in my pocket and I really wanted a new figure... and Prune Face was the only new figure the shop had, so I bought him.

I hate the colours, his trousers, the gun didn't look like a Star Wars gun, and I couldn't remember seeing him in the film. That was a bad buy! I hate his stupid head.

My adult self also agrees on Anakin, and also Luke Stormtrooper is a big disappointment. It was a figure I'd heard about at school - it was mythic, but when I saw Luke's tiny head I just thought it was rubbish. They blew it. There are quite a few I don't like. Han in carbonite, Imperial Dig, Ree Yees. I do like the Ewoks though, and the first 21 are all brilliant.

Worst playset is the Hoth cardboard one that uses a white sandcrawler base.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think FX-7 was cool, I got it before I saw the movie so I thought he was a cool evil droid who used all his small white arms or what it is to fight :lol:

worst for me is Anakin :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I agree that Anakin, Imperial Dignitary and Madine are basically useless action figures. However one I really dislike is Leia Hoth, she is a real abomination. Look at the face and neck, more Wayne Rooney than princess:

leia_o15.jpg

Ian_C

Jedi Master
lol at Leia Rooney Edd!

I take back what I said about the Droid Factory. I do believe that, aside from an R2 with third leg, it's just a mess of a toy where there is no chance in hell of ever hoping to keep it complete, but forgot it was reissued as the Jabba's Dungeon playset.

Most pointless rehash of a pre-existing toy ever, and there's been some bad ones.

Glad Frank didn't get upset at my diss on Power Droid. It's just personal preference. As I got older, and play time went from galactic battle scenes to pretending my figures were all WWF superstars, at least guys like Madine and Anakin could partake in that type of play. Power Droid was more like a walking ring bell. :)

And what, besides maybe the lightsaber, makes Anakin any worse than Obi-Wan? Or Emperor? All old men characters with awkwardly sculpted robes for legs.

Ian

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Ian_C said:
And what, besides maybe the lightsaber, makes Anakin any worse than Obi-Wan? Or Emperor? All old men characters with awkwardly sculpted robes for legs.
Ian

My main gripe with Anakin is his lack of weapon or even lack of ability to hold one! He might be a dead Jedi, but he should still have a lightsabre :)

Grant

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Ian_C said:
Ian

My main gripe with Anakin is his lack of weapon or even lack of ability to hold one! He might be a dead Jedi, but he should still have a lightsabre :)

Think Luke Hoth. An alive Jedi with no light sabre. Hated that about the action figure. Just a thought.

Hugoagogo

Padawan
I've thought of this before, if you were 10 again and going round your mates where a bunch are turning up for a Star Wars battle and you can each take only 1 figure what's the last thing you'd want to turn up with. For me its Lobot, when all your mates turn up with Han, Vader, Luke etc you turn up with a baldy guy wearing a metal head band you're not going to be the coolest kid there that's for sure.

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
My least favourite figure is Ev9d9 purely because of the crap built quality, his bloody arms keep falling off !

The least favourite play sets are the cardboard ones , hoth , Sears cantina , rubbish quality :shock:

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Grant said:
Think Luke Hoth. An alive Jedi with no light sabre. Hated that about the action figure. Just a thought.

Good Point! I always added the blue Jedi lightsabre to that figure when I displayed it. POTF Luke Speeder bike was the same too, wasn't it?

Pat

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom