When did the "No Repro" campaign get started?

jared007

Padawan
Hi,

Quick question -- as the title suggests. Anyone remember the date when this started to get traction in the hobby? I remember a lot of the forums and facebook groups embraced that logo, almost at the same time.

Thanks, Jared.

David Tree

Jedi Master
It goes back much further than that, it is only recently that the community has caught up with it, but here is a photo of Henrik and I back in 2009 both promoting the values:

4267_1158290238470_3408279_n.jpg

It's origins lie in the Swedish Collectors Club a few years before that picture. It does annoy me a little that the groundwork and foundations were laid long before Facebook, but rarely see the credit.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
David Tree said:
It goes back much further than that, it is only recently that the community has caught up with it, but here is a photo of Henrik and I back in 2009 both promoting the values:

4267_1158290238470_3408279_n.jpg

It's origins lie in the Swedish Collectors Club a few years before that picture. It does annoy me a little that the groundwork and foundations were laid long before Facebook, but rarely see the credit.

To be fair, we gave Mattias credit for designing the logo (and had his permission to use it) when it was blasted along with the anti-U-grade one that Josh Blake and I designed all over many different Facebook groups. And when Jason Smith and I were on podcasts discussing it, we also made sure to give it credit then too.

jared007

Padawan
Ross_Barr said:
... when it was blasted along with the anti-U-grade one that Josh Blake and I designed all over many different Facebook groups. And when Jason Smith and I were on podcasts discussing it ...

Yep, this is the time period I am interested in. Can you remember roughly the month/year this happened?

Cheers, Jared.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
jared007 said:
Ross_Barr said:
... when it was blasted along with the anti-U-grade one that Josh Blake and I designed all over many different Facebook groups. And when Jason Smith and I were on podcasts discussing it ...

Yep, this is the time period I am interested in. Can you remember roughly the month/year this happened?

Cheers, Jared.

Hey Jared - it happened in February or so of 2015.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Looks like this has been answered, but since we're talking history of the logo, the first time I remember seeing it was photos of Loud Mike's store in Sweden. I swear there was an older thread somewhere, but the photos on this one still work if anyone wants to see it on the display cabinet.

Kenner & Co Store

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom