TFA Deleted scenes (SPOILERS)

Joe

Grand Master
I watched them today, has anyone else seen them yet?

Overall most were typical filler material and I can see why they cut them, the Finn villager scene wasn't terrible and I wouldn't have minded seeing Ren board the empty Falcon (and then see the X-Wings coming in) but yeah..

Snowspeeder scene was pants :lol:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Nice, just seen them on facebook. I am a bit disappointed as I was expecting more and longer scenes (Abrams originally said in an interview that there were around 25 minutes) but looking at the ones that are included most seem to have been well cut.

The scene of Kylo searching the Falcon is nice as it is scored with music and I like that it ends with him seeing the X-Wings arriving. I also like the brief scene that would have preceded it of the X-Wings taking off from Greenham Common and heading into lightspeed.

The scene with Leia would have introduced her and C3PO perhaps a bit too early, and it wasn't really needed to understand the plot.

The scene with the woman saying Finn will be fine suffers from the woman being a bit of a bad actress (probably the wife of a produced or something!).

Joe

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Nice, just seen them on facebook. I am a bit disappointed as I was expecting more and longer scenes (Abrams originally said in an interview that there were around 25 minutes) but looking at the ones that are included most seem to have been well cut.

The scene of Kylo searching the Falcon is nice as it is scored with music and I like that it ends with him seeing the X-Wings arriving. I also like the brief scene that would have preceded it of the X-Wings taking off from Greenham Common and heading into lightspeed.

The scene with Leia would have introduced her and C3PO perhaps a bit too early, and it wasn't really needed to understand the plot.

The scene with the woman saying Finn will be fine suffers from the woman being a bit of a bad actress (probably the wife of a produced or something!).

Agree with you on every point. It's odd, that woman in the Finn will be OK scene delivers some good dialogue with Chewie in the film but that scene left her looking like a gormless muppet on happy pills!

I spoke to Grant earlier and he said the Maz scene with her using her force powers against the Stormtroopers will be an exclusive download only type thing, I think that scene will probably look far more polished than the ones that we've just seen.

I wonder if anyone will try to edit the deleted scenes back into the film at some point? I would love to watch an extended cut if an official release ever came out.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
No doubt they are holding the good ones back for future re-re-re-releases. It took about 15 rounds of "deleted scenes" for the Luke making his lightsabre scene in Jedi to emerge FFS! I bet there is still loads of unseen OT gold.

In fact it's such big business these days, I bet they film "deleted scenes" deliberately to fill up the DVDs :lol:

indianawars

Sith Lord
I fell a little cheated with the deleted scenes I was really looking forward to them...Edd is right though, they are holding back for future releases.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom