Latest Acquisitions

hellhippie

Jedi Master
POCH luke farmboy with brown hair , quite hard to locate in any condition ... im pretty excited
da1.jpg

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Japanese distributor, figures were boxed rather than carded, this should explain...

"Back in 1980 Popy began releasing their own Star Wars product lines. Much like Hasbro using Kenner as a subsidiary company name here in the U.S., Popy was a subsidiary company name of Bandai, which allowed the consumer to distinguish the difference between certain toys and models that they were trying to purchase. With the Popy ESB product line measuring about 4.5" high, a new style of packaging was designed for the Star Wars figures. It housed the toys inside a compact box and labeled the product specifically for the Japanese market. The idea of the box packaging is possibly due to how it allowed more merchandise to be displayed in a smaller area. To top it off, the Popy line was slightly cheaper than the Takara line, which of course gave it a little more appeal. Popy's line of products ended up producing 15 figures at the time for the Empire Strikes Back."

I didn't know a lot about them until I got these 2!

spoons

Grand Master
darth_daddius said:
Joe said:
Gorgeous Vader TIE Andy, that's a stunner.

I agree Joe - Andy, that Tie is beautiful.

I like how these are 20 backs compared to the US versions that are 21 backs too.

Cheers mate,
Pat

Thanks guys - interesting that the only US Kenner 20 back is unproduced and on the small wing TIE

Latest posts

Top Bottom