Beware of vintage*space*station, Matthew Adams, on ebay

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Contact the police down in California and see if you can get anyone who is responsible and interested. You may need to off to send him/her a box or three of doughnuts :wink:

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Ebay are ****ing idiots. Just spent 20 minutes with an appeals person on the phone, and presented my case. Told them to give me an email address, and I can go ahead and send pictures. Said I would be forced to file a police report, and no longer sell on their site.

She just kept repeating that without tracking, there was nothing she could do. She'd check into the feedback pattern, and he might be suspended, to which I said that's great for future sellers that get scammed, but what about the stolen item he got from me? Same old thing, back to tracking.

I finished up by saying, "so you're saying that even with absolute definitive proof, he is still going to be able to steal my item and money, and I can't get refunded or my negative removed, and you guys will let him do this?", and she answered "yes". I told her ebay is ****ed, and hung up.

I am so livid right now.

Ian

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Take Ebay to whatever the Canadian equivalent of the small claims court is. Odds are they will either concede right away or offer you a % of your claim to piss off (over here you can reject the offer, and the closer you get to the court date the higher the % they offer) or if they do get in to court you got a decent case.

I had to take Parcelforce to court over a busted Yoda POTF, they ignored me until a week before the case, then offered me 50%, i refused and 2 days before hand they settled in full. They don't want the hassle especially not over what is to them pocket change. They just hope you'll b fobbed off with their BS and go away. If not they lose nothing more than the amount they should have forked out in the first place. An atrocious way to treat a customer but sadly very common.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Ian_C said:
Worst part? A friend on another board sent me pics of the guy selling the SAME Luke in his ebay store now.

Can't you (or one of your friends with a fake account) buy it and not pay, or buy it and then do exactly the same back to him?

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Oh, I intend to Edd. I'm sure he'll just cancel the sale, as he does say he won't ship to Canada in the new auction, but it means he'll have to re-list it. :)

What I'm thinking is if a US friend can bid, I'll gladly pay for it, then nail the ****er with the "not as described" claim that he likes to use on others, and get 50% or more back, since we all know ebay will side with the buyer. :). I don't get a full refund that way, but it sticks it to him, and I'll get something back.

Or, possibly another idea, would be to say I'm not happy and go for the return and refund, then send him a picture of the Luke, a scam that some people like to pull but in this case would be justified. That would screw him over even more.

Ian

yoda

Sith Lord
When I read about things like this happening to people it really puts me off wanting to sell anything on e-bay.
I have never sold on e-bay and this doesn't inspire confidence in me :(
Sorry to hear that happened to you lan I hope you get something sorted for that dick!

Ian_C

Jedi Master
I want to bump this, as the guy is up to it again - and this time for a MUCH larger amount, and from a different ebay username (I know because the feedback isn't the same). $1500 US. :shock:

I received the following message on my Facebook last night.

"Ian, I noticed your post to a Star Wars group about being ripped off last May 2016. It happened to me by the same guy, Matthew Adams from Yorba Linda, CA just this past December. Only thing was that he got refunded $1530.00 and he never returned the Star Wars case with action figures (item # 152300031307). I was wondering if you recall what his eBay seller id is so I can check if he is selling or sold my product. You're right about eBay being on the side of the buyer. Can't believe they issued him a refund without me getting the product back. That is the most asinine policy I've heard of...and without my consent. If you want to email me back my email is ***@***.***."

This time Mr. Scammer made out with a VC Jawa, pop up R2, and a case loaded with other mint, complete figures. :(

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom