Hello - I have star wars collection on ebay for sale

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Oh jeezus, I've just had a good read of this thread and as Todd said it hurts. I saw this listing on Ebay au and considered contacting the seller to explain why it is a tad over priced but decided against it and whaddaya know here tis.

Starwarscollection, you'd do well to take a breath and read through the advice given by the members on here, vintage Star Wars items are a complete minefield when it comes to value, everything from how complete, variations and condition play a huge part in what makes one item worth significantly more than another albeit that they may look the same to a beginner.

The members on here have collectively 100's of years worth of experience behind them and even with that wealth of knowledge it can be hard to place values on certain items. Bottom line you have a fairly common set of figures in less than desirable condition and mostly incomplete that are readily available any time via places like Ebay and facebook in their 1000's.

You are also referencing a very vague article that is almost designed to create hysteria in anyone who has an old bunch of figures buried in their basement. The figures mentioned are of a particular manufacturer and are only worth a large amount due to their packaging or variation.

At a glance and referring only to the Star Wars items in your auction (as I have no idea on the other items), I would value your collection as a lot at around $200-$250. If you sold them individually you may get more around $300 or a bit over.

Carbon dating? This comment alone make me thing this is a have on but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

If they are of sentimental value to you then keep them but also bare in mind that most members on here are collectors first and while it is nice to know that these items hold some monitory value that usually plays second place to the satisfaction of owning them.

Sun must be extra hot in QLD these days. :D

Joe

Grand Master
Can't win with you lot! :lol: :lol:

Obvious time waster, however amusing they were. I think it's better for everyone that we part company now before it gets out of hand. Sorry for putting an end to the fun :p

sparkysx

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
For ****s sake.. Quit over thinking this. These are common average figures you have. Nothing more and nothing less. My ****ing head hurts from this thread.

lmao

yoda

Sith Lord
BlueDog said:
Oh jeezus, I've just had a good read of this thread and as Todd said it hurts. I saw this listing on Ebay au and considered contacting the seller to explain why it is a tad over priced but decided against it and whaddaya know here tis.

Starwarscollection, you'd do well to take a breath and read through the advice given by the members on here, vintage Star Wars items are a complete minefield when it comes to value, everything from how complete, variations and condition play a huge part in what makes one item worth significantly more than another albeit that they may look the same to a beginner.

The members on here have collectively 100's of years worth of experience behind them and even with that wealth of knowledge it can be hard to place values on certain items. Bottom line you have a fairly common set of figures in less than desirable condition and mostly incomplete that are readily available any time via places like Ebay and facebook in their 1000's.

You are also referencing a very vague article that is almost designed to create hysteria in anyone who has an old bunch of figures buried in their basement. The figures mentioned are of a particular manufacturer and are only worth a large amount due to their packaging or variation.

At a glance and referring only to the Star Wars items in your auction (as I have no idea on the other items), I would value your collection as a lot at around $200-$250. If you sold them individually you may get more around $300 or a bit over.

Carbon dating? This comment alone make me thing this is a have on but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

If they are of sentimental value to you then keep them but also bare in mind that most members on here are collectors first and while it is nice to know that these items hold some monitory value that usually plays second place to the satisfaction of owning them.

Sun must be extra hot in QLD these days. :D

I think he has a shop in Nimbin :p

Joe

Grand Master
This might not be the end for our friend from Australia..he sent me an email claiming that the ban was discrimination against someone who just talks too much and that he was enjoying the forum..so I've replied offering to unban him if he relists his auction at 99cents and lets the market decide what it's worth :)

yoda

Sith Lord
That's good to hear he's ok! I think everyone deserves a second chance! He's probably not a bad spud :)
If he takes up your offer I might even place a bid if he starts it at 99 cents :)

decipher28

Padawan
Joe said:
This might not be the end for our friend from Australia..he sent me an email claiming that the ban was discrimination against someone who just talks too much

Is that what he calls it.

Clarkspie&chips said:
Great idea Joe, can you also add a clause to his reinstatement that he starts using punctuation.

And he stops making dodgy threads.The threads he made were borderline wind ups....but if he is genuine no harm done.Trouble is going by his content and some of the members on here who don't pull any punches it could be like a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter.

Joe

Grand Master
Sorry chaps, he's decided he'd rather wait for someone to pay $2k than come back here..we just don't mean that much to him :(

No , you don't get it that's the only price I would let go of this collection for.
If not I will keep it. It's not about what it's worth but what it's worth to me.

As my dad says you put price up of what your willing to sell it for.

And that's the price I'm willing to sell it for if not I will keep it.

I'm just interested , arn't you interested? You never no there could be a collecter or collecters that might jump on it.

Some people 2,000 is chump change and if it does go off it can only increase the value of star wars toys anyway.

So i'm keeping it on at that price, it was actually orginally 3,000

It's price i'm willing to sell it for otherwise I keep it .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom