Latest Acquisitions

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I hope you'll forgive me for sharing a latest acquisition, which came this morning and made me very happy. It's not vintage but as many of you know I collect British Star Wars posters as well as the toy line. This one may barely be six months old but believe me it is a modern grail. It is the UK Imax The Force Awakens theatrical poster, with the December 17th release date. It is not only a beautiful image but also very rare (with only around 30 Imax venues in England). I hope you like it!
13557839_537205023139195_4155202707491498853_n.jpg

Jez

Sith Lord
Some amazing pieces being listed in the thread over the last month.
The White footer Han is crazy. So many awesome Palitoys.
Loving the odd trousered Han Hoth.
Such a great mix of items. Apologies for dropping the mega long posts. simply can't do it anymore.
Alas, still no MOCs for me in 2016, but i'll have a couple of pieces to show after CE3 i'm sure.

Keep it up guys

EDIT: Sweet poster :)

Vinyl Jawa

Padawan
Really tasty Hoth Stormtrooper ^

Today I've bagged a loose Yak Face, Blue Snag, a UKG 85 Taiwan Fett, and an AFA 75 MOC R2-D2, so it's been a good day.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Vinyl Jawa said:

Today I've bagged a loose Yak Face, Blue Snag, a UKG 85 Taiwan Fett, and an AFA 75 MOC R2-D2, so it's been a good day.
Good stuff, nice pick ups; don't forget though fella, it's not a race!

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
Vinyl Jawa said:

More blue snag you must up to 6 by now :eek:

poncho

Grand Master
darth bobby - lovely loosies!
matt - cool image on the tfa poster 8)
dr ball - nice TF ship :)
rob - nice new moc haul
dorsertmark - oooh uni viser too! nice 8)
vinyl jawa - you remind me of tatsie with his army of yak faces :lol: you have a expensive taste fella good luck in your hunt :lol: get some pics up bud

knopie

Jedi Knight
Oh man, besides the float test there is also the flame test.
repro has a bleu flame and these ones have a yellow flame :lol:

BlueDog said:
Can't compare to all that Palitoy goodness but here's a few recent purchases for me.

And here's the burning ceremony, Burn Mother Füć%er Burn!

Untitled-1_zpspf7dexxr.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
In case you missed my post, here's the amazingly generous haul I've been sent by the kind members of this forum. For sure my favourite ever acquisition :D

IMG_3448.JPG

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Picked up a few long wanted items this last month.

First, is a store display header for the Drawing Board line of party items for ROTJ. I have vague memories of a display near the entrance of the local TRU when I was a kid for the ROTJ party items, but had never seen a display for them. I either really wanted a ROTJ birthday party or just loved the duel art. :) It was 3 years ago when I finally saw one of these headers that another collector owned and I finally found one for sale about a month ago. Now, I've got to load up on some of the ROTJ party pieces that go with it.

partydisplay.jpg

2nd, are two Lando coin pieces. The left is the frosted Lando prototype coin which was an idea being pitched to help make the details more pronounced on the coins. It is assumed this was not done because it requires striking the coin blank twice for this effect, which would in turn double the time to produce each coin. The one on the right is a variant on the production coin which has some different positioning of the stars and text. Based on some information from another collector, there are 3 different dies used for the Lando coins, so 3 produced variants exist like this.

frostedlando.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
Some great pick ups as usual - loving that display Shawn

This is something a bit different - and unlike most of my posts in here - not MOC!

I saw it while trawling through eBay the other day - I probably over paid a bit but ever since I had the chance to look through Chris G's amazing collection and see some of the paperwork connected with the toys then I have been inspired to find some myself

SAM_8734_zpsxq9oxhlw.jpg

So this actually came from someone that worked for a company selling masks and novelties - Don Post had the contract to make the Star Wars masks and this was their promotional material for the new range

So you have the intro letter from Don Post

SAM_8736_zpsspwdlqat.jpg

The reservation form for ROTJ flyers

SAM_8737_zpsyyf5iepr.jpg

A letter from Lucasfilm introducing the movie

SAM_8735_zpswcrnrxgj.jpg

And then a colour matte and a black and white glossy picture of the masks together with the prices

SAM_8738_zpsp7cqg0zj.jpg

SAM_8739_zpshgljgefn.jpg

Apparently they were told not to leave them behind as only a limited run was done

I think that they look really cool and at some point will try and add some of the masks into my collection to go with this

Latest posts

Top Bottom