Latest Acquisitions

itfciain

Grand Master
shawn_k said:
Wow Iain! That Donpost paperwork is awesome! That'll look great with some masks to go with it.

Yes there were some boxed one up on eBay last night but they went for high prices - will get some though - especially those in the pictures

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Went to the local booty today and found a stall selling collectables so knew I was going to pay higher prices, bought some di cast items then noticed some star wars. After some haggling managed to get the below all for £14, for old school me a lot of money :shock: but don't think its so bad with todays prices.
Funny thing was the c3p0 was in a sealed plain bag (please don't tell me its some unknown to me Kenner . palitoy sealed baggy :lol: as its now liberated). I have been after a fixed limb c3p0 as I only ever had the removable limb one so was trying to see if the limbs came off through the heat sealed bag :D the lady would not let me open it so had to guess through the "gate of the legs", it was fixed and managed to haggle £10 to £7 :D but had to have it. Cards were a £1 and I love the underlining on the back under the figs that I used to do , got , got ,got :D Boot sales rule the fun is in the hunt

Attachments

• DSCF0530.JPG
    DSCF0530.JPG
    403.5 KB · Views: 719
  • DSCF0531.JPG
    DSCF0531.JPG
    502.7 KB · Views: 724

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Don't panic maxf limbs are very loose and rivet rusty with some wear, looks like its seen active duty before, if I was in any doubt I would not have opened it, bag was a thick guage heat sealed bag heavy duty plastic like the bags sand comes in at wicks so think I am ok :)

maxf

Jedi Master
Haha - good to hear! Hopefully frank doesn't have to add the 'wickes builders sand bag' variant to his catalogue!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
bosk70 said:
Boot sales rule the fun is in the hunt

Totally agree mate :D

Well it's Saturday, it's sunny and it's my Birthday :D :D :D

Lovely mix of SW presents old and new -

Daughter got me this beautiful Vader TIE - never had one as a kid but seeing it now I think it looks amazing and it finishes off my top shelf of vehicles perfectly :D

Wife got me this minty Squid Head MOC and Admiral Ackbar baggie as well as the Palitoy X Wing insert - everyone thinks it's funny that I'm loosing my **** over "genuine" old cardboard :lol:

WP_20160702_12_42_44_Pro_zpsszwkhunb.jpg
WP_20160702_12_49_53_Pro_zpsx3rqvwwq.jpg
WP_20160702_12_50_49_Pro_zps6dteiy3x.jpg

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Room looks amazing Colin, really nice display, and nice additions, especially the vintage cardboard :D should I keep the baggie :?:

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
A couple of vectis buys and 3 mint Palitoy 12 backs from a private deal(it's been a good weekend) :D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 662
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 663
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 668

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
Hothrebel, some great items there, especially the chewie, in fact some great items the last few weeks, impressive!

shawn_k

Sith Lord
db94 said:
Totally agree mate :D

Well it's Saturday, it's sunny and it's my Birthday :D :D :D

Lovely mix of SW presents old and new -

Daughter got me this beautiful Vader TIE - never had one as a kid but seeing it now I think it looks amazing and it finishes off my top shelf of vehicles perfectly :D

Wife got me this minty Squid Head MOC and Admiral Ackbar baggie as well as the Palitoy X Wing insert - everyone thinks it's funny that I'm loosing my **** over "genuine" old cardboard :lol:

I love how you have the vehicles mounted on the wall. Great idea and Happy Birthday!

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Very naughty at a boot sale again today, couldn't pass them up as they were cheap ish, "we have the technology we can rebuild them", :D

Attachments

• DSCF0532.JPG
    DSCF0532.JPG
    342.1 KB · Views: 613

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Ross...superb pick up , love to see the rare and one offs

Andy....beautiful Palitoy pieces

Ponch... 8d8 with his cardboard skirt, as you say, will look great on display

Matt....Love the imax poster

That Tie is a beauty Dr Ball

Rob...nice CCP and Lando

Hoth trooper is a stunner

Rob...8d8 Tri logo, love it

Edd...massively well deserved, congrats on the pieces, love the R5

Shawn.... Congratulations on the display, looks mint as well, love the definition on the frosted coin

Iain.... I love the Don post that paperwork will look superb on display with masks

Bosk70... Great pick ups on the car boot, nice

Colin.... Super bday pressies, the ship display on the wall looks great

Hothrebel.... More Palitoy beauties congrats, love that Meccano Chewie

Bosk70.... Good luck with the project pieces, more vintage saved

Some fantastic stuff on here lately, love drooling over the amazing vintage you guys are picking up.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
shawn_k said:
Picked up a few long wanted items this last month.

First, is a store display header for the Drawing Board line of party items for ROTJ. I have vague memories of a display near the entrance of the local TRU when I was a kid for the ROTJ party items, but had never seen a display for them. I either really wanted a ROTJ birthday party or just loved the duel art. :) It was 3 years ago when I finally saw one of these headers that another collector owned and I finally found one for sale about a month ago. Now, I've got to load up on some of the ROTJ party pieces that go with it.

partydisplay.jpg

2nd, are two Lando coin pieces. The left is the frosted Lando prototype coin which was an idea being pitched to help make the details more pronounced on the coins. It is assumed this was not done because it requires striking the coin blank twice for this effect, which would in turn double the time to produce each coin. The one on the right is a variant on the production coin which has some different positioning of the stars and text. Based on some information from another collector, there are 3 different dies used for the Lando coins, so 3 produced variants exist like this.

frostedlando.jpg

Nice stuff there Shawn 8)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bit of a deviation from the norm for me. Been after some trailers for a while and this one popped up on eBay. A bit of digging showed this to be a trailer for the first rerelease of ESB in July '81, I believe. Need to firm that up really. Anyway, not much to look at but I like him. Anyone got tips on how to store these things?

ESBt1.jpg

ESBt2.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Anyone got tips on how to store these things?

ESBt1.jpg

ESBt2.jpg

In a flame proof box!

Really great score Simon, a proper bit of SW history

Latest posts

Top Bottom