eBay rogues

indianawars

Sith Lord
Another quick eBayer to think twice about - rbro7494 from Australia.
They brought an item from me using the global shipping programme which was delivered on the 19th, and then instantly opened a change of mind case. I don't begrudge anyone changing their mind whatsoever... So I happily accepted the return. Only this buyer didn't realise my return policy is: 14 days return, buyer pays postage. Now luckily I always opt for the 14 days return, buyer pays return postage, because had I not, my only options would have been: Accept the return, and send a postage label (which means I would have to pay all the postage costs to the buyer to send the item back from Australia). Issue a refund and let the buyer keep the item, or agree on a partial refund. Since agreeing to accept the return the buyer has made no contact with me since... So gentlemen, if you use the GSP, always use the 14 days return policy with the buyer pays postage - Otherwise, you will be left with the bill of paying the return cost, or the other options of refunding them and letting them keep it, or having to agree a partial refund.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
I would highly recommend adding meerkatmad1948 to your eBay block lists (real name Danny Denton).

I woke up this morning with an eBay case opened against me for the reason of, item not received, and a simple statement from the buyer saying, 'have not received as of yet can I get a refund now please.' The item was sold on the 12th/08. LUCKILY enough, I never throwaway my tracking slips and after half an hour I managed to find his. After tapping the tracking information into Royal mails website I found out it was delivered on the 13th and signed by Danny himself. The item in question only sold for £5.99, so perhaps he thought it wasn't worth my while sending it recorded, or maybe he thought after all this time I would have thrown away the tracking information.
What a twat. This is where ebay should be coming down hard on people.

indianawars

Sith Lord
The outcome was (Drum roll please...) I WON! I must be the first seller to win an eBay case EVER! :lol: It was in fact the buyer who escalated it onto eBay :roll: Although, they added no comment whatsoever during the case. Anyway, hopefully I did put the fear of God in the buyer with my last message in the case that I would be forwarding all the info I had onto http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Once again, the eBay username was: meerkatmad1948

afsupplies

Padawan
I don't usually bad-mouth people I've traded with but this one is really annoying me and it's really petty. I bought some Action Force parts from darksideenterprises1 and he underpaid the postage by 10p, he'd stuck 5 second class stamps on it instead of 6. So I got a card through the door saying I needed to pay £3 to have the parcel delivered. I paid the £3 because I wanted the parts in the parcel, contacted darksideenterprises1 to say "you owe me £3" and sent him a photo of the parcel with the "fee to pay" sticker on it.
He says "why is it £3 and not 10p?"
I explain the new RM fee structure and send him a link to the RM page about underpaid postage.
He says "Hi really sorry about that - there should have been 6 stamps on there not 5. If you want to send it back I will refund the whole postage if you want? Thanks"
I say "I don't want to return it as I want the parts, I just want the £3 refunded"
He says "happy to refund if you return the parcel".
I say "I don't want to return it as I want the parts, I just want the £3 refunded"
He says "Hi. The items sold for 2.50. It cost me nearly £3 in p&p. You now want an extra £3 from me. I would rather have the items back and then offer a refund thanks. I did ask for proof of receipt from the post office and you never gave any. Thanks."
I don't have a receipt so I send another photo of the other Royal Mail sticker on the package which has my name, address and reason for fee printed on it. I also said "By the way, if I did send it back to you ebay would charge you for the postage and it would be tracked and signed and cost about £5."
He says: "Happy to give refund on return of the items. Thanks"
Arrggh! What's so feckin difficult about refunding £3 for a mistake he made?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
afsupplies said:
I don't usually bad-mouth people I've traded with but this one is really annoying me and it's really petty. I bought some Action Force parts from darksideenterprises1 and he underpaid the postage by 10p, he'd stuck 5 second class stamps on it instead of 6. So I got a card through the door saying I needed to pay £3 to have the parcel delivered. I paid the £3 because I wanted the parts in the parcel, contacted darksideenterprises1 to say "you owe me £3" and sent him a photo of the parcel with the "fee to pay" sticker on it.
He says "why is it £3 and not 10p?"
I explain the new RM fee structure and send him a link to the RM page about underpaid postage.
He says "Hi really sorry about that - there should have been 6 stamps on there not 5. If you want to send it back I will refund the whole postage if you want? Thanks"
He says "happy to refund if you return the parcel".
He says "Hi. The items sold for 2.50. It cost me nearly £3 in p&p. You now want an extra £3 from me. I would rather have the items back and then offer a refund thanks. I did ask for proof of receipt from the post office and you never gave any. Thanks."
I don't have a receipt so I send another photo of the other Royal Mail sticker on the package which has my name, address and reason for fee printed on it. I also said "By the way, if I did send it back to you ebay would charge you for the postage and it would be tracked and signed and cost about £5."
He says: "Happy to give refund on return of the items. Thanks"
Arrggh! What's so feckin difficult about refunding £3 for a mistake he made?

What utter ****wittery. First of I'd neg him and then I'd start the returns process, not matter how much it hurt to loose the parts, just to make sure the knob jockey was out of pocket.

itfciain

Grand Master
See that is why some people should not be selling - the guy would rather lose feedback (which will stick for 12 months) than pay 3GBP when it was his fault in the first place

Not forgetting that if you post them back he will have to cover that, so he will be out of pocket for both lots of postage, eBay fees and PayPal fees

afsupplies

Padawan
Yep, utter tool. He must know he's getting negative feedback and will lose money either way. I started a not received claim against him as I thought ebay would go against me for not returning the parcel.

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
eBay sellers, please take my sincerest advice and block this buyer from France; lex.cattaneo744

Absolute scammer. Probably the most dishonest person I've dealt with on there in 15 years.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
skimo1 from France just sent me stinking feedback claiming I didn't send him a small item ( a Kenner Collections catalog for a fiver ) and that I'm to be avoided.

In reality: he told me he never got it, I assumed it's lost so I gave him a full refund without him needing to claim.

He's a nippy wee tit.

talldroid77

Padawan
Broosevel feedback score 26. Sent me a couple of snotty messages saying my listing was incorrect as I did not mention an 80 sub on a an 85% item in my listing title. My description includes a breakdown of the grades and an explanation of them and also a picture of the grading sticker.

In his second message he announced he had reported me to eBay for being misleading. I asked eBay about it they said they were happy with my listing and advised I block him.

Broosevel you eBay cock you :lol:

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Bought an item 'Buy it Now' off toyfantastic14 heard nothing for a few days, then he cancelled order and refunded me. No explanation or anything. Pisses me off folk like this, I bet he will relist it more expensive in a few weeks time the c**k :evil:

Clutters

Youngling
avoid thedude3030

I specifically requested he send my Blue Snaggletooth in a box to prevent damage in the post. He instead sends it in a flimsy clear clamshell blister case inside a plastic envelope. Yes, it arrived crushed! I left negative feedback but somehow he has managed to have it removed.

MarkG

Jedi Master
AVOID - franschongar_0 -

Won an item via best offer last Sunday... immediate message to tell me that he was getting paid on the Wednesday....no problem..

Wednesday comes, no payment... sent a reminder.

Get another message on Thursday saying that they had only just been paid, and would send payment straight away.. no payment.

subzero

Sith Lord
MarkG said:
AVOID - franschongar_0 -

Won an item via best offer last Sunday... immediate message to tell me that he was getting paid on the Wednesday....no problem..

Get another message on Thursday saying that they had only just been paid, and would send payment straight away.. no payment.

Thanks for the warning, blocked!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
subzero said:
MarkG said:
AVOID - franschongar_0 -

Thanks for the warning, blocked!

Ditto

Clutters

Youngling
This time waster: dtoyscltd

Hot Toys seller, doing what is becoming all-too-common these days: doesn't like that his auction was won with a single bid, cancels the order and refunds the money stating "out of stock or damaged".

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Anyone had any dealings with a jonesyb85? He bought a Moc from me and then I got a wierd message from PayPal saying they were holding his payment for review. Then get a message today saying they've cancelled his transaction due to suspicious activity?? Very strange. I cancelled his order and relisted it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom