Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
one things for sure. He has sold fakes. Was aware long ago he had sold some and learned nothing from it as he still continued to sell them even if it was due to lack of knowledge.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
Being objective, the piece of evidence that would help Jeff would be some proof he spent a ton of money with jawa93 or whatever his username was, as it establishes a trail back to a possible faker. Without it you take your pick with whether you believe he did/didn't fake them himself. If my name was being dragged through the mud I'd be in the phone 24/7 to PayPal or my Bank immediately to firmly establish that fact. Those records will be there, no doubt about it.

But even then, isn't it a bit of a stretch to think someone (jawa93 potentially as that's the name out there), produced hundreds of these things, sold them all in one batch and never went and produced more? If you were so minded to have faked a load of them, sold them for serious money (to Jeff) then why on earth would you not do it again, and again?? People like that don't stop til they're caught. It doesn't stack up.

I gave a link to Jawa39 ( Gratson) I assume it's the same guy??

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Bootyhunter said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Hang on, doesn't this forum have a whole sub section called SELLERS TO AVOID with dozens of instances where an unhappy forum member has outed a seller for being dodgy?

Playing devils advocate here... but how many of those sellers were forewarned?

Exactly what I was thinking, also plenty of dodgy sellers are fingered on the Ebay thread. It seems to me that some of you guys are going to stand by Jeff regardless
Nameless faceless sellers getting their eBay handle put on a thread can not be compared to someone having a thread dedicated entirely to them, complete with real name and mugshots, and having the entire Star Wars collecting community invited to a ritual flogging. It lacked class yesterday and looks even worse today.

SOJ

Sith Lord
Bootyhunter said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Hang on, doesn't this forum have a whole sub section called SELLERS TO AVOID with dozens of instances where an unhappy forum member has outed a seller for being dodgy?

Exactly what I was thinking, also plenty of dodgy sellers are fingered on the Ebay thread. It seems to me that some of you guys are going to stand by Jeff regardless

Having your real name, alongside a photo posted of you, with links to multiple vintage FB groups leading thousands to view the thread is a bit different IMO. Look at Edd's graph on the "today on facebook" thread to see how traffic through this site accelerated when those links went up.

Selling a repro saber and getting called out as a SELLER TO AVOID is a bit different to what this guys been accused of.

What evidence is there is manufactured baggies? Why are you so sure he did that? Where is the evidence?

Lindo

Sith Lord
Lom said:
Bootyhunter said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

Nameless faceless sellers getting their eBay handle put on a thread can not be compared to someone having a thread dedicated entirely to them, complete with real name and mugshots, and having the entire Star Wars collecting community invited to a ritual flogging. It lacked class yesterday and looks even worse today.
Exactly it is totally different and is no comparison

Ian_C

Jedi Master
tiefighterboy said:
one things for sure. He has sold fakes. Was aware long ago he had sold some and learned nothing from it as he still continued to sell them even if it was due to lack of knowledge.

This is the one thing that still really concerns me.

Obviously no one can prove who made them. There is a concern that if most (if not all) are traceable back to him as a seller and no one else, it raises red flags - but still, no proof is there. In this regard, the original accusations of him manufacturing them wasn't well supported. Having said that, I'm not even going to focus on who made them.

However, I can't wrap my head around how someone could be told about fakes they have been selling for several years, yet still continue to sell them. He should have more than enough experience to be able to tell some of those for sure.

I'm not saying this to cause trouble or instigate drama. I'm legitimately confused on how he can still sell so many fakes "unknowingly" after all this time.

Ian

Joseph_Y

Padawan
finestcomics said:
Hothrebel said:
Lee Bullock said:
let not turn this into a witch hunt.

Peace out

Lee

Too late !!

Agreed. This pattern of witch hunts going on has been allowed to get completely out of hand because of politics, rivalries, and deluded ego's that think they are beyond reproach. The last one saw the mud-slingers cinch their saddles without as much as an apology to the wronged party, and I hope for the sake of those involved here they have proof to back the accusations, because this is one situation which the community shouldn't allow to slip by without people answering to this.

This situation is a bit different than some of the other more recent witch hunts, as it so far seems that no one is pushing a personal vendetta against Jeff, no one's manufacturing fake evidence against him, accusing him of being someone he isn't, or just talking rude **** just to piss him off and make him blow his top to make themselves feel good. This has been just very straight forward outing some, now that we're looking for it, very sketchy looking baggies that he's the main source of. I don't know Jeff in any way, but he seems to be being upfront in his replies. I still don't understand why baggie's he'd been told weren't right, ended up back for sale, that's really the only sticking point that has me wondering WTF about him, other than that w/o proof that he was making them, lets see if he follows thru with the refund process and provides pics of all the baggies that he's had to help sort out what people have, while I'd guess that it was a mix of real and fake ones to help hide the fakes better, something other scammers, like Pablo Artesi, Scott Mc, etc have done in the past, it would still be a good catalogue to help sort things out, if he's willing to provide that info.

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
SOJ said:
Bootyhunter said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

Having your real name, alongside a photo posted of you, with links to multiple vintage FB groups leading thousands to view the thread is a bit different IMO. Look at Edd's graph on the "today on facebook" thread to see how traffic through this site accelerated when those links went up.

Selling a repro saber and getting called out as a SELLER TO AVOID is a bit different to what this guys been accused of.

What evidence is there is manufactured baggies? Why are you so sure he did that? Where is the evidence?

I do not use facebook so I wasn't aware the guys photo had been used, I did not say I was sure he did it either

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
jedisearcher said:
Being objective, the piece of evidence that would help Jeff would be some proof he spent a ton of money with jawa93 or whatever his username was, as it establishes a trail back to a possible faker. Without it you take your pick with whether you believe he did/didn't fake them himself. If my name was being dragged through the mud I'd be in the phone 24/7 to PayPal or my Bank immediately to firmly establish that fact. Those records will be there, no doubt about it.

But even then, isn't it a bit of a stretch to think someone (jawa93 potentially as that's the name out there), produced hundreds of these things, sold them all in one batch and never went and produced more? If you were so minded to have faked a load of them, sold them for serious money (to Jeff) then why on earth would you not do it again, and again?? People like that don't stop til they're caught. It doesn't stack up.

I gave a link to Jawa39 ( Gratson) I assume it's the same guy??

Yes James, but even if that name is wrong my point about evidence to substantiate the fact he's bought from someone as oppposed to manufacturing them himself is the key for me at least.

SOJ

Sith Lord
Bootyhunter said:
SOJ said:
Bootyhunter said:

I do not use facebook so I wasn't aware the guys photo had been used, I did not say I was sure he did it either

But you did say some guys are going to stand by Jeff regardless, if your not sure yourself then surely you can I understand their position?

Like I've said previously I've met the guy once, I didn't buy any baggies from him, personally I've got very little interest in baggies. I just think the way this guy has been hung out to dry for manufacturing baggies with no hard and fast evidence stinks. If Frank or one of the others come on and prove this what he was doing I will be the first to do a 180 and apologise for doubting them.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
He claims to be a technophobe.

So he uses the Internet, eBay and PayPal on a daily basis, maybe rebelscum in the past, but he's too technophobe to log onto a forum? Hard to believe, but not as hard to believe as the fact that he's forgotten who he bought thousands of £ worth of stuff from.

momike

Jedi Master
First and foremost the whole point of this thread was to warn the community about fake baggies that are in circulation, granted I think it's clear things could of been handled differently in regards to the way this came out but it is what it is now. I think frank mentioned that he told Jeff some baggies were not correct and he sold them regardless so what would be the point in him contacting Jeff to say you have been selling **** loads of baggies for years that I believe to be fake, was Jeff going to turn around and say I best contact everyone I sold them to and offer a refund.....was he heck....would you?

This is in no uncertain terms any kind of a witch hunt or victimisation towards Jeff, the fact is jeff has been selling these fake baggies for at least two years and we feel the volume of baggies and the amount of different type(s) of fake baggies leading directly back to him warranted him being named.

It's a well known fact that Jeff is very forthcoming when it comes to refunds and would imagine it's something he has become very accustom to over the years, it's common knowledge amongst collectors that he always refunds in a quiet manner and nothing else is said about it and is swept under the carpet so to speak, I think in most cases people are just happy to have got there money back, I'm surprised and a bit disappointed that more collectors have not come out and said the same, there is no denying jeff is a great source for baggies with top contacts, he also sells lots of high end legit items and imagine a lot of collectors don't want to burn bridges with him.

I don't think any one has come out and said Jeff is out and out faking these baggies himself and even if he was I doubt that could be proven so let's just leave that alone. Jeff said all his baggies are from his collection and he is just selling of his 1000+ baggie collection, anyone who deals with Jeff knows he always has big hauls coming in, so why is he acting like he's just some guy selling of his collection, if you have ever dealt with Jeff you will know he means business when it comes money and vintage sw so I don't get the whole selling of my collection routine????

if I'm being honest I feel some of the posts on here regarding frank are really unfair and immature, some post make frank look like a crank (that rhymes lol) and some kind of conspiracy nut job which he is far from. Knowing the kind of person frank is I doubt he will do a podcast, he's a bit of a caveman and doubt that would be his bag, I wouldn't blame him either as I thought the whole podcast (today's) thing was really very tacky tbh

If Jeff has been collecting and buying and selling as long as he has then some of these fakes should of been spotted a mile away because quite frankly some are just dog ****!!! he's either very stupid (he's far from), careless or just doesn't care and sold them regardless, either way he should be held accountable for his actions.

I think I speak for everyone on the group here when I say the intention was never a malice one, it was not a witch hunt it was a fact finding mission to put a stop to the fake baggies that were being sold by jeff and polluting the collecting world, if we have achieved that then that's mission accomplished in my eyes.

I think frank will be putting some kind of information/guide online in regards to spotting the fakes soon and it's worth noting that Jeff sells lots of legit stuff so no point in panicking as I'm sure many are fine

I'm going to post some pics of the baggies Jeff has sold on eBay and to other collectors below, some are recent and some are not and were sold two or more years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0886.JPG
    IMG_0886.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 961
  • IMG_0936.PNG
    IMG_0936.PNG
    238.6 KB · Views: 970
  • IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 959
  • IMG_0895.JPG
    IMG_0895.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 965
  • IMG_0896.JPG
    IMG_0896.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 967
  • IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 961
  • IMG_0932.PNG
    IMG_0932.PNG
    183 KB · Views: 962

momike

Jedi Master
More

Attachments

• IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 963
  • IMG_0921.PNG
    IMG_0921.PNG
    182.7 KB · Views: 957
  • IMG_0922.PNG
    IMG_0922.PNG
    226.9 KB · Views: 959
  • IMG_0923.PNG
    IMG_0923.PNG
    166.4 KB · Views: 958

momike

Jedi Master
Some more sold to another collector

Attachments

• IMG_0901.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 960
  • IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 958
  • IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 961
  • IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 965

momike

Jedi Master
Couple more

Attachments

• IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 961
  • IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 958
  • IMG_0924.PNG
    IMG_0924.PNG
    186.7 KB · Views: 968
  • IMG_0925.PNG
    IMG_0925.PNG
    172.8 KB · Views: 958

momike

Jedi Master
Here's another one, this one was returned because the figure was apperntly a later issued figure that was not correct in this early baggie

Attachments

• IMG_0933.PNG
    IMG_0933.PNG
    159.9 KB · Views: 960
  • IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 962

momike

Jedi Master
Iffy sw b baggies that ukg knocked back and were traced back to Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 956
  • IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 956

momike

Jedi Master
A really iffy one he had listed on eBay recently

Attachments

• IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG_0941.PNG
    IMG_0941.PNG
    155.1 KB · Views: 960

momike

Jedi Master
Iffy sw d

Attachments

• IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 964
  • IMG_0920.PNG
    IMG_0920.PNG
    103.7 KB · Views: 965
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom