Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Here are those Taiwan R2's again, neither baggie would be correct for a solid dome R2 as the last known baggie type in the run for the R2 solid top was ESB-a (15 pack)

15356517_1456134717747284_4074356260780443335_n.jpg

ROTJ-a

15492296_1456136264413796_3488772163221594208_n.jpg

Supposed ESB-h (extra wide type) but looks sheer gash IMPO & from what I can tell before seeing it in hand has the same seal type as the probot baggies he has been selling loads of, obviously I can not confirm the seal 100% before seeing it with the naked eye & a 10 X's eyepiece for the fine details, but it's not looking good

Frunkstar

Grand Master
The real sad thing is this thread in no more than 2 weeks old, not even that & it's had more views in that short time than the baggie guide has which has been up for over 4 years & most of the info needed to avoid being stung by fakes is listed on there :?

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
IF I was faking baggies I think I'd probably be buying plenty of genuine ones studying and photographing them and selling them on.. :shock:

spoons

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
The real sad thing is this thread in no more than 2 weeks old, not even that & it's had more views in that short time than the baggie guide has which has been up for over 4 years & most of the info needed to avoid being stung by fakes is listed on there :?

I think that's more to do with you updating this thread daily Frank and baggies being fairly niche. Your daily release of clues makes a gripping read!

The only sad thing is that the more you post the clearer it is how deep this runs

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Nick_IoW said:
Ross_Barr said:
So no one has yet offered name to this whole ordeal such as with Toy Toni. Here are some suggestions below:

Baggie-tastrophe

Bag-pocalypse

Baggie-gate

Douchebaggie-gate

D-baggie-gate

Jeff Baggieville

Jeff-gate

Call Jeff's baggies: Douchebaggies

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

All good options. I'd like to throw 'J-bagging' in there too, cos I've been J-bagged and it's left a nasty taste in my mouth.

I'd like to propose "ScamVille Baggies"

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:
Frunkstar said:

I think that's more to do with you updating this thread daily Frank and baggies being fairly niche. Your daily release of clues makes a gripping read!

The only sad thing is that the more you post the clearer it is how deep this runs

It's probably also because this Jeff guy has stopped checking your guide. :?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Conformation he knows the trash monster baggies are not the real deal, yet he continued to sell them in bulk knowingly & since 18/2/14 - just how many has he sold since then 100+ I would think as I know from speaking with others he has sold them in bulk, as an ebay member contacted me out of the blue to ask if I would be interested in buying the remaining bulk he has of them, pure chance as he contacted me, as he saw I had a couple of nice SW items listed, I will got dig those messages out & confirm with some screen shots momentarily.

Trash monster.png

Sorry just EDITED due to god awful spelling guys

Ian_C

Jedi Master
lee gray said:
As for the saying why would he go FF if he was selling fakes. Precisely because ppl wouldnt suspect someone to be that stupid and thus a double bluff which has now backfired.

That one is easy. If he was fully aware which ones were not legit, and he was going to a place filled with knowledgeable collectors, he'd leave the fakes at home. It appears a few have slipped by, but it makes perfect sense that he'd try and only bring the real deal when going to FF. That way, all the 'known' collectors can say they've met him in person, and he sells great stuff. ;)

Ian

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Here's that offer of the trash monsters, I spoke with him later on the phone & I think he had roughly 20 left he wanted to sell after selling the lions share.

I know Jeff also sold them in bulk to Robbie Mullan who had them sent to AFA for U grading - no idea why AFA would be willing to do this as it's obviously an item with no proven provenance, but hey thats AFA for you & something I am not getting in to, you all know my thoughts on that subject, I can did out the email conformation that Jeff sold Robby a **** load of porbots & trash monster baggies if it's needed as further evidence of the numbers we are talking about.

Trash ebay.png

So this is at least the 3rd known & confirmed example of him having known the baggies he had were fake, yet still happy to keep selling them hand over fist, but hey I am not bothered about the money - it's only pennies we are talking about here & only 15 or 20 fakes in total right???

I also informed the ebay seller they were IMO not genuine & will not grade as UKG due to no proven history for them, his reply was somewhere along the lines of thats ok I send them to AFA for U grading :|

lejackal

Grand Master
So not only are AFA c**ts for U grading but they are stupid enough to U grade something that shouldn't exist? And people pay extra for this ****!?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Frunkstar said:
Remember that faked pin head han baggie that came up some time ago (can't remember where exactly - so if anyone does a link would be great) well it was a 1997 re issue han in a SW-a baggie, I have been informed via email that it was in jeff's box of baggies at one of the FF dates though not sure which, but he was informed it was a fake & a 97 issue han & from what I gather after he was told, he then simply threw it back in the box so some poor unsuspecting buyer would still get it, which they obviously did as I remember reading about it somewhere, if the guy who sent me that info is willing I will share full details one I hear once I hear back from them that it is ok to do so.

He had that for sale at the August 2016 Farthest From when I bought my very first baggies from him, he said it was unusual and he hadn't seen one before. It had the 'correct' grey blaster from the Classic Edition Four Pack too (1995, not 97)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Frunkstar said:

Agreed .....however, I have used the guide many times, in the main to check on baggie types, how they originated, and the interest it spawns, becomes slightly obsessive!

I genuinely believe that the whole scandal being so diligently researched and presented has reached a wide audience and in a strange way may now increase interest in baggies, and those embarking afresh will use the guide as a bible :wink:
The work done on the baggie guide is outstanding Frank and a testament to your knowledge and commitment to the hobby. The old adage...forewarned is forearmed as they say.

Again Frank...yourself and all the members of the team need to be applauded for the Stellar work done to bring this to the attention of the collecting world

spoons

Grand Master
lejackal said:
So not only are AFA c**ts for U grading but they are stupid enough to U grade something that shouldn't exist? And people pay extra for this ****!?

Ha ha - made me laugh :lol:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Admission that he is not familiar with either the baggietype the rebel commandos or the ree yee's come in, but is happy to sell them, I later confirmed the ree yee's to be fake as well as the rebel commandos (see joe o's watch out thread & also page 8 of the baggie guide (fakes section)

Now he had multiples of both of these yet again continued to sell them knowing this, so how many types of confirmed fakes that he is aware of & still happy to sell are we up to now??? :?

admission.png

Also he is a keen collector but look at the statement in the below email -

everythings for sale.png

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Emails chatting about the eb set one of the member here bought & had to return due to various reasons including fake items / resealed items & undisclosed damage to items (**** thats a lot of things wrong with just 1 item) oh almost forgot the important bit,the buy says it would seem that one of the bagged figures has been touched up / repainted - ring any Tri Logo Fett bell's??

Waffenmeister.png

Follow up email from the buyer to Jeff, we were discussing this at the time & I feel such an idiot now for helping him & even going on RS to say he is a good guy, which at the time it seemed :oops:

Note the bit about him asking why he would rather talk on the phone than send messages so the buyer has a permanent record - seem familiar (podcast & not coming on here)

Waffenmeister2.png

Below a further message on the same subject matter (eb set & it's sale to Waffenmiester)

Things worth noting underlines in red which you can read directly, but bullet points -

1. he confirms his stateside buyer as Matt

2. says now the EB set has been returned he can see it is indeed faked in parts

3. goes on about his bulk buying process with this Matt guy

4. shows clearly he is buying to flip for a good profit (blue snags in bulk)

5. states the R2 baggie is a bloody good reseal :lol:

American buyer EB set .png

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Frunkstar said:
Remember that faked pin head han baggie that came up some time ago (can't remember where exactly - so if anyone does a link would be great) well it was a 1997 re issue han in a SW-a baggie, I have been informed via email that it was in jeff's box of baggies at one of the FF dates though not sure which, but he was informed it was a fake & a 97 issue han & from what I gather after he was told, he then simply threw it back in the box so some poor unsuspecting buyer would still get it, which they obviously did as I remember reading about it somewhere, if the guy who sent me that info is willing I will share full details one I hear once I hear back from them that it is ok to do so.

He had that for sale at the August 2016 Farthest From when I bought my very first baggies from him, he said it was unusual and he hadn't seen one before. It had the 'correct' grey blaster from the Classic Edition Four Pack too (1995, not 97)

So he was trying to sell a classic 4 pack Han in a vintage SW baggie???????????? :shock:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
last few for today before I start digging through further emails :? said it would take time.

these are all just to back up he is indeed a trader not a simple collector & is indeed buying in bulk for profit rather the to further his own collection.

unwanted shit listed.png

Just getting rid of unwanted **** from the lot just in & next bulk lot due soon

buys shit loads to sell on.png

The amount of stuff I get to sell eh :?

sell not keep - states.png

states buys.png

last one above - can't even remember whats in the lot as he's bought that much

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom