Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

Frunkstar

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
edd_jedi said:
Frunkstar said:
Remember that faked pin head han baggie that came up some time ago (can't remember where exactly - so if anyone does a link would be great) well it was a 1997 re issue han in a SW-a baggie, I have been informed via email that it was in jeff's box of baggies at one of the FF dates though not sure which, but he was informed it was a fake & a 97 issue han & from what I gather after he was told, he then simply threw it back in the box so some poor unsuspecting buyer would still get it, which they obviously did as I remember reading about it somewhere, if the guy who sent me that info is willing I will share full details one I hear once I hear back from them that it is ok to do so.

He had that for sale at the August 2016 Farthest From when I bought my very first baggies from him, he said it was unusual and he hadn't seen one before. It had the 'correct' grey blaster from the Classic Edition Four Pack too (1995, not 97)

So he was trying to sell a classic 4 pack Han in a vintage SW baggie???????????? :shock:

Funny he never offered me that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Admission that he is not familiar with either the baggietype the rebel commandos or the ree yee's come in, but is happy to sell them, I later confirmed the ree yee's to be fake as well as the rebel commandos (see joe o's watch out thread & also page 8 of the baggie guide (fakes section)

Now he had multiples of both of these yet again continued to sell them knowing this, so how many types of confirmed fakes that he is aware of & still happy to sell are we up to now??? :?

admission.png

Also he is a keen collector but look at the statement in the below email -

everythings for sale.png

here are the photos again which I should have included with the above really, all 3 of the items discussed in that mail, of which not a dam one is authentic :?

newswseller

Padawan
Having read every single post on here, it looks certain Jeff was fishing for information as to how to make these baggies near indistinguishable from the real ones.

With hindsight, its clear from the amount the baggies that Frank was continuously rejecting that something untoward was happening. Can someone buying baggies with 20yrs collecting experience be that unlucky to be landed with that many fakes?

Also his massive hauls from the states are probably pure fantasy, how can 'his guy' be able to locate all this stuff all the time, stuff that other long term collectors are consistently looking for and have never found.. yet his guy has no trouble locating it, and also in bulk and then sells it to Jeff at cost plus a finders fee for him to reap the rewards?

I believe every one of Jeffs emails to Frank were carefully written so that Jeff would only appear as the naive middleman.

If you were buying in bulk for many thousands of $'s you would know who you had bought off and there would be email/financial trails to back it up.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
here is an email showing an imperial commander baggie I was asking about he had in a bulk lot, i asked about it & bought it years ago when I was a lot more trusting of Jeff due to previous deals done -

Imperial commander fake email.jpg.png

Close up of the picture in the email

Imperial commander fake.jpg

Below a photo of the baggie I got, at the time I did not check it as closely as I should but when I became more suspicious after Jeff selling on the red text baggies I pulled all the baggies I had bought from him previously to check in more detail, admittedly I should have spotted it sooner, but when you build a working relationship with someone over time a certain level of trust & confidence in the seller is reached & you don't look as close as you would if buying from say ebay.

You can see it's the same one from the email images, you can also see clearly when it is laid next to a similar baggie it's just way to short & IMO is a clear case of a resealed baggie that has been cut down below the original heat seal to apply a 2nd lower fake heat seal, also on close inspection the heat seals do not match other genuine examples of this baggies type.

IMGP0619 - Copy.JPG

IMGP0619.JPG

I still have this baggie as you can see by the below photo showing the tail end of this thread in the background on the laptop screen & is one of several questionable baggies I still have that came from the same seller.

IMGP0618.JPG

lejackal

Grand Master
Dannywhiteley said:
Could you not open it and have the figure checked for prints?
This should also be the nail in the coffin for Toni but who knows why no one has done it

lejackal

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
lejackal said:
Dannywhiteley said:
Could you not open it and have the figure checked for prints?
This should also be the nail in the coffin for Toni but who knows why no one has done it

You have to get the original fingerprints first. I can't see either willingly doing that.
Match Toni to his cabinet and Jeff to any other purchase from him?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
edd_jedi said:
Frunkstar said:
Remember that faked pin head han baggie that came up some time ago (can't remember where exactly - so if anyone does a link would be great) well it was a 1997 re issue han in a SW-a baggie, I have been informed via email that it was in jeff's box of baggies at one of the FF dates though not sure which, but he was informed it was a fake & a 97 issue han & from what I gather after he was told, he then simply threw it back in the box so some poor unsuspecting buyer would still get it, which they obviously did as I remember reading about it somewhere, if the guy who sent me that info is willing I will share full details one I hear once I hear back from them that it is ok to do so.

He had that for sale at the August 2016 Farthest From when I bought my very first baggies from him, he said it was unusual and he hadn't seen one before. It had the 'correct' grey blaster from the Classic Edition Four Pack too (1995, not 97)

So he was trying to sell a classic 4 pack Han in a vintage SW baggie???????????? :shock:

Did some more digging through my emails & came up with all this I had long since forgotten about the figure/baggie in question which I had long ago confirmed as a fake re-issued classic 4 pack han from 1997 :?

This is the baggie in question which he had for sale at FF august 2016

pin head p.jpg

pin head p2.jpg

Emails below about him asking about it, me confirming after doing all the leg work for him to confirm it's wrong (as usual) & him still not getting it & wanting to buy it after I have already confirmed it's a bloody fake or re-issued figure & there was NEVER a china coo han pin head & no way would it have ever made it to an ESB era baggie if there had been.

I will just let you read the emails for yourselves rather than going on at length, but you get the idea - ha asked me, I told him it's ****, he understands that (eventually) & then still buys it & several years later is still trying to sell it even though I am not the only one to have confirmed it's a fake to him :?

Pin head.png

pin head 2.png

pin head 3.png

pin head han 4.png

pin head do I buy WTF.png

pin head follow up.png

]BTW - Jeff NEVER knowingly sells fake baggies

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Dannywhiteley said:
A shiny figure like a C3PO or DSD would be ideal.

Indeed, but Jeff would need to be willing to give DNA & fingerprint samples as well as several confirmed fakes being open'd & checked in a lab, this all costs money, even if willing folks are going to need to open multiple baggies & Jeff will need to agree to samples who is covering the bills.

spoons

Grand Master
Frank, the above email exchange goes someway to backing up Grant's 'doofus' description of Jeff. It doesn't sound like he's making these from that exchange.

But definitely backs up him knowingly selling fakes

spoons

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
So if I play dumb and claim ignorance.. That's a free pass???

Errr no...

Where's the free pass, just said the emails back up Grants comments. He's clearly been knowingly selling fake baggies but is a bit slow on the uptake (to put it politely)

maxf

Jedi Master
spoons said:
tiefighterboy said:

Errr no...

Where's the free pass, just said the emails back up Grants comments. He's clearly been knowingly selling fake baggies but is a bit slow on the uptake (to put it politely)

Ignorance of the law is no defence - that saying rings true here imo. He might come across as an idiot but he knew what he was doing.

spoons

Grand Master
maxf said:
spoons said:
tiefighterboy said:

Errr no...

Ignorance of the law is no defence - that saying rings true here imo. He might come across as an idiot but he knew what he was doing.

I don't think I am saying anything different - h 'knowingly selling fake baggies'

spoons

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
spoons said:
Frank, the above email exchange goes someway to backing up Grant's 'doofus' description of Jeff. It doesn't sound like he's making these from that exchange.

But definitely backs up him knowingly selling fakes

He maybe an idiot, but he's no fool Andy

Don't doubt that for a second Frank

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom