A wing pilot
R2D2 pop up

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
1) Pop-up R2
2) Luke Stormtrooper
3) Lando General

Han carbonite was a good idea but poorly executed. Massive wrestler neck, the carbonite sculpt is completely wrong, and no blaster even though his hand is shaped to hold one!

poncho

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
1) Pop-up R2
2) Luke Stormtrooper
3) Lando General

Han carbonite was a good idea but poorly executed. Massive wrestler neck, the carbonite sculpt is completely wrong, and no blaster even though his hand is shaped to hold one!
i was forever filling my carb with water and feeezing han

spoons

Grand Master
1. Imperial gunner
2. EV 9D9
3. Barada (but Lando General ran him close - that cape!)

I think Barada is one of the best sculpts in the whole line, and looks like he could have been made 10 years later. Shame he's another jabba goon.

Personally both Luke and Han have terrible head sculpts, and pop-up R2 should be sued under trade descriptions. 'slowly rise R2' is more apt

mumbo

Sith Lord
Imperial Gunner - 8)
Luke Stormie - great helmet accessory
Luke Endor - yeah yeah his helmet doesn't come off but still a cool figure....... despite not coming with a saber :|

sith-smith

Grand Master
spoons said:
I think Barada is one of the best sculpts in the whole line, and looks like he could have been made 10 years later. Shame he's another jabba goon.

Funny you should say that but...

Before I knew much about the last 17, in the early 90's I was hitting the carboot sales and picked a lot of figures I recognised as characters from the films but hadn't seen before as toys (I saw and recognised, luke poncho, Ev9d9, Yak, amanaman, Lando general and pop up R2...though I didn't know why there was a hole in the dome).

I picked up one figure and can remember thinking it was a modern toy from the 90's and a different toyline and so put it back in the box. Only to then be told by someone that it was a star wars figure, which they then bought for 50p!! I later discovered, once I got a Sansweet book in 2004, that it was Barada. Didn't get one until 99 in the end and for £30!!

momike

Jedi Master
Just for the fact i never managed to land these for my almost full set I sold in my late teens

R2
EV9D9
Amanaman

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
1) r2d2 with pop up, great idea. reminded me of the old adam west batman toy car that shot matches out the back.

2)amanaman. before I knew about the last 17 I can remember picking up a few of these at carboots in boxes of figures and throwing them back because I didn't think he was a star wars figure, whoops!
I did manage to work out the Anakin and lando general figures were though.

3)luke stormie apart from the turd head sculpt I think I would've jumped at that figure had I of seen it in the shops at the time.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
mumbo said:
Imperial Gunner - 8)
Luke Stormie - great helmet accessory
Luke Endor - yeah yeah his helmet doesn't come off but still a cool figure....... despite not coming with a saber :|

the no helmet for luke endor annoyed me as did the no sabers for luke x-wing or luke hoth

momike

Jedi Master
I always remember getting the from concept to screen book in the 90's, I didn't even realise half of those figures existed, I remember thinking wow :eek: I had a yak that I picked up years before for 50p and I wasn't even sure it was a sw figure :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom