top 3 last 17 figures

spoons

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
spoons said:
I think Barada is one of the best sculpts in the whole line, and looks like he could have been made 10 years later. Shame he's another jabba goon.

Funny you should say that but...

Before I knew much about the last 17, in the early 90's I was hitting the carboot sales and picked a lot of figures I recognised as characters from the films but hadn't seen before as toys (I saw and recognised, luke poncho, Ev9d9, Yak, amanaman, Lando general and pop up R2...though I didn't know why there was a hole in the dome).

I picked up one figure and can remember thinking it was a modern toy from the 90's and a different toyline and so put it back in the box. Only to then be told by someone that it was a star wars figure, which they then bought for 50p!! I later discovered, once I got a Sansweet book in 2004, that it was Barada. Didn't get one until 99 in the end and for £30!!

I did something very similar with Amanaman :lol:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Would have to be Imp Gunner, EV9D9 and Barada. I think they're an interesting set of figures although they're not worth anywhere near their price tag which puts me off. I like some, not fussed about others. The Luke Stormtrooper and Han Carbonite are awful.

maxf

Jedi Master
Hmmm...

R2 pop up
A wing pilot
Yak face

Why those? I have no idea - I think yak face was a mystery even back in 1996 or whenever they were £40 a pop. It's a decent sculpt of a really bad figure!

R2 is great - the last r2 and the best imo. His pop up truncheon is a bit lame but I do like the figure.

A wing pilot is great - movie accurate type figure. I don't know why but he is one of my favourite figures.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm going with the ones I had as a kid,

1) Han Carbonite
2) Yak Face
3) Amanaman

:? :lol:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
My three:
- Artoo
- EV9-D9
- Lando General

Fun to see everyone else's and it makes me wonder what a bottom three would look like too. I get the Ewok distain, if for no other reason than there's so many of them! I though really dislike Barada and Amanaman; they don't look like SW figures in the slightest and the modern day cost of them just makes that worse.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
1. Imperial Gunner
2. R2D2
3. Luke Stormtrooper

As has already been mentioned, some great figures in this run and some not so great...in my opinion.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
1. Yak Face - After seeing him in Sansweet's book for the first time in 1992, I just fell in love.
2. Luke Stormtrooper - Again, blame Sansweet! They actually made a Luke Stormtrooper? Why didn't I know this before?! (I had stopped collecting well before the 17 hit).
3. Amanaman - Ditto, Sansweet.... Me in 1992: "What the hell is that yellow thing?! I want one!" :D

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Have done this thinking back to 85 and the figures i chose to buy then!

Amanaman - not sure if it's cos I'm colour deficient, but this guy always stood out to me!
Yak Face - Probably cos my sister had a horse and this was the closest I'd get!
Han carbonite - Got this in my stocking from Santa in 85 or 86!

Always hated Imp gunner as a child as felt it was too action force like, love him now! Same with Luke Stormtrooper, hated his pin head!

andy x-wing pilot

Jedi Knight
1) Luke Stormie
2) R2 D2 Pop Up
3) Imperial Gunner

I bought these 3 when the last 17 came out and didnt really want anymore at the time. Still my fav 3.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom