Large collection sitting in the attic

Malmek

Youngling
Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I have a large collection of original star wars toys, about 300 loose figures and a lot of vehicles (some with boxes, some without). They range from very good condition to poor. They have been sitting in my sister's attic for years and I think it might be time to part with them. I'm not sure what would be the best way to sell them. Are there any good dealers in the UK who would give a fair price on the lot? Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
There's a few options:

1) take clear pictures and pop them in the valuation thread to get a fair price
2) if you have an idea on what they're actually worth already (miss option one) post up in the for sale thread
3) contact someone like Mark Daniels (Sublevelstudios on here) who is a buyer/seller as well as collector and he'll make you a fair offer

Obviously if you sell them separately you can get more money, but you'll have to post a lot more parcels...

mumbo

Sith Lord
To get a valuation you'll need to post pictures which can be done through image hosting sites like photobucket.

Good clear shots along with weapons and accessories.

There will no doubt be plenty of interest so wait for some valuations and go from there.

Might help to know where you are located.

Malmek

Youngling
Thanks for the input. The small issue I have is that the attic in question is in my sister's house in Norfolk and I'm living in Ireland. Looks like the thing to do is to photograph it all when I'm over there next and put it up for sale on this website. Ideally I'd like to sell it as a job lot, but it might be better to offer some stuff individually. Thanks again for the advice.

x-pack

Grand Master
I would be amazed if you haven't had several private messages already asking for a bulk deal.

My advice would be to sell as a joblot. Easier. If it's all vintage you'll shift it in no time. You will need photos though. If you can it would be wise to put your name and the date on a piece of paper within the photo. It adds proof of ownership and peace of mind for the buyer.

If it's all post 1990ish (modern) stuff I can tell you now that it's not worth much :roll:

Good luck

Jez

Sith Lord
All good advise. Norfolk eh? There are several people on this forum from Norfolk.
As suggested, once some photos have been sorted you'll be off. We'd like to think that the people on here are fully trustworthy, the names mentioned so far i'd vouch for, but i'd always be keen to get 2 or 3 valuations before jumping at the first offer.

PMs will appear at the top of your main screen. Best of luck

Malmek

Youngling
Thanks x-pack. It's all original 70's and 80's, mine when I was a lad, so no fakes or modern stuff. A few good pieces and a lot in reasonable condition and some well played with.

jayums

Jedi Master
Must be something in the water! I'm a Norfolk boy so have pm'd you if that's any use

coomber75

Sith Lord
Get some pics and get it on the valuation thread and then get ready to get a lot of pms!

yoda

Sith Lord
You won't have a problem selling them but just be sure you really want to. If they're your own thats it you'll never see them again. Many on here regret selling there childhood toys. I was lucky my younger brother saved mine and I was relieved when i found out.

Malmek

Youngling
Thanks to everyone for all the replies to this.

I'm not going to be able to do anything more until I can get it all photographed and I don't know when I'll be in England again. I have definitely found the right place to come for advice and potential interest when the time comes.

Jaymus, I've pm'd you, not sure if worked though.

Yoda, I'm thinking I'll keep a few bits for sentimental value, the one's I played with most as a kid are fairly wrecked. There's just too much of it and I can't keep them in my sister's attic indefinitely.

I'll be sorry to part with them, but they'll be better off with people who can enjoy them.

I'll be back on with photos when I have them.

Cheers.

itfciain

Grand Master
I know a little chap in Norfolk that might be interested in a bulk buy as and when you are ready - have sent you a PM :D

Jez

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
I know a little chap in Norfolk that might be interested in a bulk buy as and when you are ready - have sent you a PM :D
Iain is them omnipresent dealer of Star Wars figures :D

For the benefit of the OP, Iain has a cast iron reputation, won't muck you about and has probably done more favours for people on this forum than the rest of us put together. He's a good un.

jayums

Jedi Master
Malmek said:
Thanks to everyone for all the replies to this.

I'm not going to be able to do anything more until I can get it all photographed and I don't know when I'll be in England again. I have definitely found the right place to come for advice and potential interest when the time comes.

Jaymus, I've pm'd you, not sure if worked though.

Yoda, I'm thinking I'll keep a few bits for sentimental value, the one's I played with most as a kid are fairly wrecked. There's just too much of it and I can't keep them in my sister's attic indefinitely.

I'll be sorry to part with them, but they'll be better off with people who can enjoy them.

I'll be back on with photos when I have them.

Cheers.

Yep - got your pm - and replied!

Malmek

Youngling
So, the time has come to sell. My sister is moving house and doesn't want to take this stuff with her. If anyone is interested in coming out to look at the items let me know and we'll arrange something. I'm not there myself so I can't take pictures and there's just too much of it to ask her to do it. Hopefully I'll find good homes for everything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom