Prevention on cracking bubbles?

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Clear silicone is another option. It's not about prevention, it's damage limitation now. Any DIY store sells silicone in a tube - if you do get a good brand one. Apply with an artists brush. It will set like glue with a strong seal but is removable at any time with no damage to bubble

maxf

Jedi Master
Buy some acid free 'archival' tape. Cut a small piece off and stick it down. It won't yellow or become brittle.

The bubbles are definitely getting worse - I've seen way more lifted bubbles over the past year than ever before. I know a collector who has had a bubble crack develop from nothing which the figure was in the same position on display - he thinks the bubble has shrunk very slightly, cracking the bubble.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
maxf said:
Buy some acid free 'archival' tape. Cut a small piece off and stick it down. It won't yellow or become brittle.

The bubbles are definitely getting worse - I've seen way more lifted bubbles over the past year than ever before. I know a collector who has had a bubble crack develop from nothing which the figure was in the same position on display - he thinks the bubble has shrunk very slightly, cracking the bubble.

That's worrying...

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
Well i have place a bit of celotape across the bottom and half way up the right hand side, very pleased with the result. Hopefully it will be enough

20170602_084454_zpseflyhnws.jpg

20170602_084423_zpsdllvujxw.jpg

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
If you ever have to remove tape in the future and it leaves glue residue behind I use regular 'lighter fluid' on soft cotton rag. It's more forgiving than strong solvent cleaners, harmless to print and evaporates afterwards. (As long as you don't rub too hard!)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I haven't tried lighter fluid (although I'm sure it works). I use Surgical Spirit B.P. and have terrific results, and again it doesn't damage the litho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom