Woolyniners Playset Projects

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
This is all started summer of 2015 when I opened up a suitcase containing my childhood collection. As a kid I had a number of playsets, but when I opened them up many had parts missing. This is story of how I slowly over the last few years re-built this playsets,and had fun displaying them to.

Being a bloke I also like a good project, and what better project than building/restoring vintage star wars play sets!

The land of the jawas playset was the most complete, only the lift is missing, and still is. I will pick one up at some point but at the correct price. Everything in this photo is from my child hood apart from my beloved R2 D2 which has been lost, the one seen is a replacement.

IMG_20170603_092651.jpg

Next is the cantina. All I had was the base, Han Solo, and Ben. Re-built all from purchases from members of this forum. I really like this one.

IMG_20170603_092616.jpg

My imperial attack base was complete apart from the roof tiles, which again was purchased from a member here as part of a complete set. The snowtroopers are from all over the place, forum, toy fairs, ebay. All weapons are original. One snowtrooper is compete, the others have home made skirts from a white plastic folder I cut up. I've tried to replicate the picture on the imperial attack base box on this one.

IMG_20170603_091828.jpg

The last finished project is the ewok village. I never owned one as a child, but it is very cool and perfect to display all those figures around. In time I would like to add a Endor Luke and a couple more Ewoks. The figures are a mixture of my own and purchases from forum members.

IMG_20170603_091848.jpg

Finally I'm working now on a droid factory, but need a lot more Jawas.

IMG_20170603_181837.jpg

I won't be starting any more playset projects until all the above are complete. Only the imperial attack base has figures complete with weapons, over time I'd like to complete the others too in the same way too.

Hope you enjoy seeing a slightly different way of collecting vintage star wars.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
They look terrific! A lot of work and dedication has clearly gone into building these, but the end results have been worth it. Thanks for sharing the photos :)

Sabreman

Padawan
Wonderful, they look fantastic, it's great to see stuff like this displayed and not in boxes encased in acrylic cases

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Fantastic story about how you re-built your playsets :wink: I did the same a few years ago with my Y-Wing fighter after my little brother broke it in the early 90s when he was a kid :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom