Response to Claims

yoda

Sith Lord
I hope everyone gets refunded that's got a fake after he said he would. If anyone is still owed money reading this thread I'd be pushing him hard now for it.
I think the legal route could end up a a mess and hopefully it's not needed. I believe it would be a long road and an uncertain outcome. If you did win and he still doesn't pay claiming he can't then what happens? Or if he says the item he sold wasn't a fake or can you prove it 100% that it is a fake, or he then claims that the the buyer must have possibly switched it after this length of time? We can all easily understand this thats now unfolded because we have a deep interest in Star Wars. Imagine someone trying to get their head around all this in a court who has no idea about vintage Star wars and what's original or fake. And if the seller turned up claiming he didn't sell fakes.
Court's can be a very unforgiving place to be. You'll go looking for justice but what you'll get is the law. But I suppose if someone can't get there money back and they believed the wer conned then they would have nothing to lose other than try.
I really hope it ends well for anyone affected by this whole miss.

subzero

Sith Lord
Court would be the last resort thing that anybody would want to go through, it's obviously stressful, takes up time and money etc. A solicitor with all the details explained to would be the best route as they would have the best ideas on a defence, and also tell people how much of a chance they have or if they'd be wasting their time before they decide to go this route.

I believe in a case like this you'd need to bring ( if possible ) someone with you who has full knowledge of baggies, someone who can present the details in the fakes and fully explain the differences between those sold to you and examples of real ones ( unless you can do all this yourself ). But yes like you say Yoda if Jeff decided to be a complete arse and tried his best to void himself of any wrongdoing then it could end up being messy. However if several people took him to court at once ( not sure if that is possible? ) then a much stronger case would be against him as there's be much more proof of him selling these fakes to multiple people, instead of it just being one mans word against another.

If Jeff lost his case then it's possible you may not even win the full amount you believe you're owed, and in small claims you'd still have to chase up the money and take further action if he doesn't pay up. But if you've taken it through the high court for a higher sum of money then it would be much more enforceable, like bankruptcy being forced on him, and bailiffs etc!

zhamlau

Youngling
What a fascinating read. I remember going over the threads on this months and months ago, i was surprised by all the moves this Jeff guy has made since then. Overall would people say he has paid back the majority of money owed to people on this forum and their associates?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just saw this on Facebook in a thread about the fake mailer boxes:

F32AFEF3-EC0A-4911-9FC7-067CDB545D51.jpeg

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Well that was a long, long, long read. Looks like it was another contravercy I missed during my hiatus from the hobby.

I notice he is still selling on ebay so I'm guessing that there are many collectors (like me) who are tottally unaware of the whole incident.

I hope everyone who was owed money got a refund (but I doubt it).

I just worry about what a knock on effect this will have in the hobby in the future. For every 3 fakes sold there is probably only 1 person who knows they purchased a fake. As many collectors are not members of forums and would have no idea. And how many small collectors actually send baggies off for grading? Almost none I would guess. This leaves potentially hundreds of fake baggies in people's collections that are all like ticking time bombs. :(

Bad times for people collecting baggies. :(

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes you're right, you only have to look at Toy Toni MOCs to see the lasting effects. 5 years after the 'scandal' you not only see them for sale on eBay undisclosed, but even worse on Facebook I regularly see people incorrectly labelling any Palitoy MOC as a Toy Toni and scaring off buyers.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Alltooeasy said:
Funnily enough i nearly bought a baggie off him on facebook the other day! Backed out when i read this!

Could I ask out of curiosity which Facebook group this baggie was for sale on?

Social media was not a platform that was utilised as an outlet for sale of the item's in question with eBay being the source of his initial sales. At the time of the allegations being made the accused stated many times that he was a technofobe therfore he was unable to comment on any of the social media posts regarding the matter. He avoided answering many direct questions asked at the time that were with regards to his supply, this action assisted with his defence loosing a lot of credibility but I am in the belief that he was telling the truth regards his lack of technological know how.
Due to the niche of Star Wars, and baggie collecting specifically along with his ability to have a constant supply to the market, relationships would be built as they would in any business model with a buyer, and also a seller who often provides you with the item's you want readily available when you cannot source them elsewhere. Trust is built after several transactions so therfore requests for item's are made directly. This was the model upon which he traded successfully with for many year's to collector's worldwide.

I am not suggesting by any means that he has not offered you an item via Facebook but I am curious as to what group it was offered on as one of the major concerns after the dust had settled was that of scare mongering in the future to coin a phrase.

momike

Jedi Master
Ok mate, I take it their is not much more to add or you would of said. So from what Tom derby says it looks like the sealed packs are indeed fakes

ldr

Padawan
Damn...Franks just pointed me to this thread.

Looks like my 12 back baggie run might be in question now :(

ldr

Padawan
Ok, as suggested here are photos of my first 12 set, all came from Jeff.

Are any of these legit? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

C-3PO:
P1200688.JPG

P1200689.JPG

Leia (this has two stamps, each a different font):
P1200690.JPG

P1200691.JPG

P1200691a.JPG

Ben:
P1200692.JPG

P1200693.JPG

DSC:
P1200694.JPG

P1200695.JPG

momike

Jedi Master
Pretty sure ukg confirmed all the pal k baggies to be fakes so doesn't look good mate, that double sided font leia is terrible

This is the worst part about all this, collection dreams are being shattered because of this deception and imagine so many more are also blissfully unaware :(

Hope you get your money back from Jeff, keep us posted

wrighty

Sith Lord
I bought a SW A Jawa baggie off Jeff, paid and it never arrived, he couldn't proof postage and gave me a full refund. Sorry all I can contribute. :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom