Can Anyone Help ID Vader Capes?

androjonny

Padawan
IMG_4355.JPG
Hi there, I've been going through my collection fairly recently to test and check all my weapons and accessories for fakes and came across these interesting Darth Vader capes. I iniitally wrote them all off as Repro as none of them make the zipping sound of the more common Kenner cape, but after a little online research I found they could be genuine, although I'm not 100%.

Not sure if the photos are that great so I'm going to try and do my best to describe them, so here goes.

Cape (1) is smooth on both sides, it feels like it should be shiny, but I guess it's more matte finish. It has a little notch, or step cut out of each side, maybe an inch from the bottom - I'm thinking it could be either the Palitoy, or Clipper or PBP cape?

Cape (2) is very shiny on one side and has a very distinct texture to the other side, it to has a little notch, step cut out or each side around an inch from the bottom(not shown in photos) - Maybe its a Lily Ledy?

Cape (3) is thicker then the other capes it has a more rubbery feel, the arm holes seem very perfectly round and the top seems a little wonky cut - I'm thinking this one is actually a Repro, or hopefully another Pailtoy?

Anyway any help on identifying these would be great. I've also put up some photos of some lightsabers I'm trying to identify as well over in the valuation section so if anyone can help with those as well, that would be amazing.

Many thanks Jon

Attachments

• IMG_4356.JPG
    IMG_4356.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 730
  • IMG_4358.JPG
    IMG_4358.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 730
  • IMG_4361.JPG
    IMG_4361.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_4362.JPG
    IMG_4362.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 729
  • IMG_4364.JPG
    IMG_4364.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_4365.JPG
    IMG_4365.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_4366.JPG
    IMG_4366.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_4367.JPG
    IMG_4367.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 727

androjonny

Padawan
Hi mate, thanks a lot for your reply. I've been racking my brains with these capes for a while now.

None of these capes make the zipping sound.

If you are sure that cape 2 is the Palitoy, Clipper version, would this go with a Vader with a scared out COO, or a raised bar?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Pm sent :wink: I am not sure about cape 1 and 3 there is also some original no zip sound capes if I remember correct. I will get back to you later :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi again, I checked my lili ledy darth vaders capes and they are all smooth and make no zip sound.
So the lili ledy cape like the repro does not make a zip sound. It have been a long time since I have had them in my hand so I had forgot the lili ledy did not make the zip sound :oops:

Maybe some other members can help you with ID the cape 1 and 3 or else buy a lili ledy darth vader from a trusted seller so you have a cape to compare with the 2 others that you have. If they are all ledy then you can just sell the one you bought again. Or even better if you can meet with another collector that have a ledy cape then you can compare them with the one that he have :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Cape no. 3 also looks shorter than cape no. 2 and the lili ledy cape is shorter than the pbp,clipper and palitoy cape.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom