How I lost my parcel

wrighty

Sith Lord
olisuds said:
It's outrageous that AusPost or DHL could ship it to the wrong country and address and not tell you what that address would be. You'd think that this would be retrievable. If DHL cant tell you the address is it worth reporting to the police? I mean the items not lost, it's being withheld from you which is theft.

My advice when shipping expensive items uninsured would be to use a short expedited service with full tracking, pack and tape the box really well, clearly label both the address and return address, include telephone numbers for sender and recipient.

Hi Oli. The item was double boxed and printed labels of both receipient and sender's address at the front, on top of the DHL waybill. And they still cock it up!!

Attachments

• 6C43D28C-8285-42F7-8E37-E6E594D3BBC7.jpeg
    6C43D28C-8285-42F7-8E37-E6E594D3BBC7.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,010
  • F58394D6-6F7F-4FC2-996B-71155C5BC80A.png
    F58394D6-6F7F-4FC2-996B-71155C5BC80A.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,007

olisuds

Sith Lord
OK wow you even put both your phone numbers on the package and the recipient hasn't tried to contact you! How could they get it sooo wrong!

I would file a police report. It should be fairly easy for them to locate it given that DHL have the name and address that it was delivered to.

subzero

Sith Lord
Iv'e had similar to this happen with DHL a couple of times in recent years, I ordered something in from China once worth about £350 and it actually said "delivered" on the tracking when it updated. Yet it showed no signature online and I was out of pocket by £350 and with no parcel, I remember phoning DHL up and they investigated it for me which took a couple of days and they couldn't find anything out which I found amazing, all they could tell me is that the driver said he delivered it, and I said to them well if the delivery driver had it then he's stolen it then, or delivered it to another address.

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Hang in there mate. I had a similar issue with a parcel I sent to Europe that went missing, but it did eventually show up. Just took ages. It could be just that it has been left on a desk or something similar. Don't hive up just yet. I had another package that was six months late in being delivered to me from the US Then it just showed up. No idea what happened or where it had been but it did turn up so hang in there and good luck.

Sincerely,
Pat

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
I have a new one today. Got a message from eBay saying that a buyer has opened up a case cause they haven't received their parcel. But when reading the comments he says "My item has been returned to you as i missed it due to working away." this was posted nearly a month ago and I have 100% and near 1300 feedback and he opens a case!?! :x FYI its not come back to me yet I know these can take weeks.

subzero

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
I have a new one today. Got a message from eBay saying that a buyer has opened up a case cause they haven't received their parcel. But when reading the comments he says "My item has been returned to you as i missed it due to working away." this was posted nearly a month ago and I have 100% and near 1300 feedback and he opens a case!?! :x FYI its not come back to me yet I know these can take weeks.

Be aware though that a lot of buyers don't realise they're actually opening cases due to how the rubbish ebay system works, I even did it myself once to a seller without realising when they first changed the system. When they choose to contact the seller they are given the option of why they're contacting and one of them is 'I haven't received my item'.. when you choose that and send the message through a case is then opened without it telling you, it's only after that you realise you've just opened a case, unfortunately. :(

Iv'e messaged buyers in the past to say to them there was no need to open it just to ask a question, and they reply and say "sorry I didn't realise I opened a case"

wrighty

Sith Lord
Nail in the coffin!! :shock:

Attachments

• 69BADDE2-9C51-429C-BCBA-F7FE1C9EEDDB.jpeg
    69BADDE2-9C51-429C-BCBA-F7FE1C9EEDDB.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 880

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
What a bummer! So sorry to hear this. I suppose there's always a slim chance it might yet turn up somewhere, so let's hope so.

subzero

Sith Lord
If I was you i'd be accepting it's gone, and then like my dad says if it turns up then it's a bonus.

Bit crap obviously but unfortunately that's all a man has in a situation like this, but I hope you get it back. :(

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
I once sent a package to Australia from the UK with three moc's and it got lost I refunded the buyer and considered it gone then it randomly showed up back at my door over 6 months later

subzero

Sith Lord
Dannywhiteley said:
I once sent a package to Australia from the UK with three moc's and it got lost I refunded the buyer and considered it gone then it randomly showed up back at my door over 6 months later

Wow 6 months, now there's some hope!

apack7229

Sith Lord
I had a package sent to me through DHL and it went missing as soon as the picked it up. Took over two weeks to get it to me and it was only a state over from me. Hopefully it turns up at some point and you can get it back.

wrighty

Sith Lord
Can you believe it, finally got someone to pop down to the Birmingham DHL distribution centre and the place is closed on a Saturday 2 weekends from Christmas, you joking me!! :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom