China scam ?

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Lately iv been seing a lot of listings like this.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232359960367

Also a few yak face and other loose items from china sellers have no feedback.

Thoughts on this ?

Dark vador

Padawan
Hi I reported over 20 to ebay,the problem will be for Chinese sellers now as I now have a blanket ban on buying from China based sellers,ebay needs to do more,but by the time they banned one of those fake accounts another 10 are created.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Lo, eBay don't care. As long as they get their cut of any sales they are happy. They really do their best to kill the golden goose

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
If the seller is in China.......it's a scam. Simple.

There may be one or two genuine sellers in China, but they are iut weighed a thousand to one by scammers. If you see a listing from China ignore it.

subzero

Sith Lord
Only just noticed this thread, but about a month or so back I was seeing about 10 of these fake listings every day, when I looked at previous sold listings they were 100% cloning other genuine sellers past listings ( for high priced items ), with the full description copied and everything but with a stupidly low BIN price. They were also creating a new 0 feedback account for every single fake listing.

I reported every single one I seen as soon as it was listed and ebay removed about 80% of them within an hour or so, why not the other 20% I don't know, but ebay don't always act like they should due to incompetence, some buyers actually got duped into buying some of these. But eventually after a about couple of solid weeks of me reporting each one ( with other peoples reports too ) they suddenly stopped listing them altogether ( no doubt they've prob moved on to another high priced item to do the same scam with ).

I was wondering what on earth was the point of this Chinese scam??, buyers can just easily get their money back from the scammers account. :!: it doesn't make any sense!

apack7229

Sith Lord
About a month or two ago I saw one for a ll Jawa cardback for about $40. Read the description as I knew that was cheap and it said about being from the UK and that he had over 1,600 positive feedback even though his seller page had zero feedback and says he's from China. I look up ll cardbacks and actually found the same one so I messsged the guy up and told him to call eBay up. He said thanks and that he would but eBay being eBay didn't remove it and someone bought it.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
About a month or two ago I saw one for a ll Jawa cardback for about $40. Read the description as I knew that was cheap and it said about being from the UK and that he had over 1,600 positive feedback even though his seller page had zero feedback and says he's from China. I look up ll cardbacks and actually found the same one so I messsged the guy up and told him to call eBay up. He said thanks and that he would but eBay being eBay didn't remove it and someone bought it.

Sigh

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom