Trade against Cash

Waltham Wookiee

Jedi Knight
Is it just me or has trade bait lost its edge against good hard cash.

It feels to me people don't want to let items go anymore and only want to spend their cash to obtain new items.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I would love to trade, but I must agree it does not go so fast as I had hoped, but maybe I do not have anything my fellow members want and then again maybe others do not have what I need :(

wrighty

Sith Lord
Never found trade to be useful unless high end or pre-production items. Cash is a better way to get what you want and sell what you don't want on eBay, FB etc!!

lejackal

Grand Master
I have done trades on here and on FB but it's been low end stuff really, I guess trades is all about lucky timing, you and the other person both need to have something that the other wants. Probably much easier at the lower end than the top end as there's more chance of people having the stuff.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've seen guys use the phrase 'trade bait' to describe kinda niche stuff like paperwork, flyers and the like.

I've always kept any eye out for anything like that even if I've already got it so as to use it to get that elusive Menzies flyer I want, or something of that rare but hardly hi-end calibre that I'm into.

To absolutely no joy I might add. I'm lucky to even find one of anything never mind spares.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
mid to late 90s I saw an add in the model mart magazine for star wars figures, I wanted to trade my loose doubles at the time so that i could get a staff for my amanaman, he wasn't interested in the slightest and said it really wasn't worth his while

it was TOY-TONI :lol:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Easier to sell for cash and then buy what you need for cash. Otherwise you have to wait for people getting out of trilogo and into a debut Palitoy run. Which could take a while...

Jason

Richard_H

Grand Master
I see that more and more people are not letting stuff go because of flippers. It seems that far too many are buying 'grails' only to sell for up to 10x what they paid for within 6 months. It's making it far more difficult to complete runs or to acquire desirable items. Networking has never been more important.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I find trading impossible as the person I am trading with usually values their item at 10k and mine at 10p they want so much in return for their item you would have to have been labotomised to even consider it.

Burto

Padawan
Been that way for ages James, especially when it comes to Palitoy, folk know if they give up a piece, then chances of seeing it again are very slim, so most will just offer cash....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom